Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jun 2016 at 3:50 AM
Recoloring - Subset Selection Not Showing Up
Hello, everyone!

I'm currently having an issue with SimPE and my various failed attempted to recolor the Maxis drum set. I've followed all of the tutorials that I've seen over various websites and my experience with them all cut off at the same spot: the subset selection, I've heard various times that if an object does not have different texture states, then it won't pop up at all, which I understand, but after saving the package file of the object I want to recolor, the drum set in this case, nothing pops up at all. The tutorials say that a few different files, including a texture file or two, should show up in the resource tree after the package file is saved and reopened inside SimPE. However, none of these files appear in the resource tree and I have no idea why. Has anyone ever experienced this issue before, and if so, what do you recommend? I don't know what this issue is, but it's really hindering me from doing the recolors that I wish to complete.

Thanks!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 22nd Jun 2016 at 1:12 PM
What tool do you use to make your recolours, Object Workshop or Wizards of Simpe? I have tested both to make recolours of the drumset and both worked.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Jun 2016 at 5:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by clsve
What tool do you use to make your recolours, Object Workshop or Wizards of Simpe? I have tested both to make recolours of the drumset and both worked.

I had been using the Object Workshop, but since I merely wanted to recolor an already existing Maxis object, I went ahead and tried the Wizards of SimPE and it actually worked. However, I would still like to know what my issue is with Object Workshop.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 22nd Jun 2016 at 9:35 PM
For recolouring I follow the instructions in this thread: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=102356 and it always work.
Theorist
#5 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 12:04 AM
@ShrukLayers, don't know if this will help or not, I don't have the UC. The only time I have had that happen, things not showing in the resource tree, is when the correct EP or SP is not ticked in SimPE > Extras > Preferences > File Table (search path), or if The "CEP" is not installed. Another thing to check is if 'Advanced Mode' is ticked in SimPE > Extras > Preferences > SimPE Settings.

Whenever you see a "Say Thanks" button show the creator you appreciate their work...click on it.
You can also find more of my work at Leefish and Plumb Bob Keep