Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Aug 2009 at 4:57 PM Last edited by NekoCat : 17th Aug 2009 at 4:50 AM. Reason: "Fixed" Problem
Default Restore backup of neighborhood
I made a copy of my "Neighborhoods" folder, but when I restored it and started the game all the neighborhoods were gone, even though the folder size indicates they exist. Is there a trick to this?

- Update -
I got my neighborhood back, but I'm not sure exactly why this worked. I restored an old backup of the "sims2" folder, the neighborhoods as they existed 4 weeks ago were there. I then copied the newer Neighborhood over the old Neighborhood. All the neighborhoods disappeared again. I then opened the newer Neighborhood in SimPE, didn't make any changes, didn't save anything, and exited. For some reason, my neighborhoods show up now. Maybe it's a fluke - maybe SimPE actually did something behind the scenes. Either way, its okay now. Next time I'm backing up the entire Sims2 directory and not just one folder.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 16th Aug 2009 at 5:27 PM
I had the exact same thing happen, although I think mine's because I have some files from Pets there.