Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 11:34 PM
Default The sims
I know this is the this sims 2 forum but i really need help with this and its not any the sims 1 forums here.

I just installed The sims 1 on my computer.
Then i decided to install deluxe edition.

But when i try to install it i get this error:

It has come to our attention that you have installed another Sims expansion pack after The Sims Deluxe Edition. For this to work properly, The sims deluxe edition installer will now update your installation. Select OK to proceed.

I click ok. Then it gives me the question:

Would you like to uninstall The Sims Deluxe Edition?

I tried to uninstall it but it doesn't work.

I Only got The sims 1 installed and the sims 2.

Anyone know what to do?
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 7:34 PM
I think you need to contact EA, but it sounds like you need to get their tool to clear the registry keys. The uninstaller doesn't do a good job of that, which was why they made the tool.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Scholar
#3 Old 16th Aug 2009 at 3:15 AM
Wait. You installed the Sims 1, and then you tried to install the Sims 1 Deluxe Edition?
Scholar
#4 Old 16th Aug 2009 at 8:36 PM
The Sims 1 Deluxe includes the original Sims game, so that's where your problem is.

Beware of Elves giving wedgies.
Scholar
#5 Old 16th Aug 2009 at 8:47 PM
The Sims Deluxe just includes an older version of Body Shop and Livin' Large, along with The Sims...so yeah, you wouldn't be able to install it along with The Sims. Is that what you did?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 16th Aug 2009 at 9:10 PM
I deleted all the sims games on my computer now, and i am installing Deluxe Edition.

Hope it works =)