Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 2:11 AM
I'm gonna give a swing at this with a very minimalistic design. The restrictions make perfect legal sense, and actually should create some very original work.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 2:11 AM
Oh, I'm so glad you're staying and expanding. That's great news. Thank you for your hard work.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 2:21 AM
Thank you very much delphy

Pierre
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#29 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 2:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
...the reason that Cafepress removed all the MTS2 stuff was that EA Legal complained about some of the things in the logo that where from the game. ...

Really? I'm glad I got my mouse mat when I had the chance then! *pets MTS2 mouse mat*
Scholar
#30 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 2:31 AM
This news is MOST excellent. Glad to hear about it. And in the spirit of Inauguration Day here in the states, This is definitely Change I Can Believe In

Thanks for the good news!
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 2:32 AM
I am reliefed that the site goes on and Sims2 are not pushed aside for Sims3. There are people like me who are not able to run Sims3 on their Computers yet and as any poor little student not able to get one that matches Sims3 standards.

So I think I will stay with my Sims2 for sometime longer and hope that there will be still downloads and chats in the community available.

So thank you!!
Test Subject
#32 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 2:43 AM
This is going to be great! I can't wait to see what neat stuff people dream up for TS3 ^^
Eminence Grise
#33 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 3:04 AM Last edited by Srikandi : 21st Jan 2009 at 3:46 AM.
This is excellent news I've been forlornly wondering where I would go when this site closed down! There's nothing else that compares, for quality, variety and most of all community Thanks so much to all you guys who keep it going :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc

Posted about this http://srikalanna.wordpress.com/ btw
Test Subject
#34 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 3:05 AM
Thanks for this news. We are going to be able to download stuff for the Sims 2, and 3.
Test Subject
#35 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 4:09 AM
im so happy i cant wait till The Sims 3 hits stores and that i used to have a account on here but i deleted my email so i lost everything but i am back so yippy skippy
Instructor
#36 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 4:14 AM
Awesome news! I might even have a go at the new logo design contest...
Test Subject
#37 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 4:15 AM Last edited by elencha : 21st Jan 2009 at 4:16 AM. Reason: my spelling, ick!
Just thought I'd quit lurking long enough to say thank you, not just to you, Delphy, but to the entire staff. I know this means more unpaid work for you guys, I just thought you should know it's VERY much appreciated.

Beverly M. Bryant
Billion Dollar Baby Extraordinaire
Banned
#38 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 4:24 AM
Will there be a section for the sims 1 perhaps?
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 4:40 AM
What a wonderful idea! Keep everything nice and together. Thank you, Delphy! I've wondered how this site will fare on February 16th, but this far exceeds even my hopes! :D

On a pseudo-unrelated note, when does the contest end?
Forum Resident
#40 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 5:06 AM
Ohhh, this will be fun to do!
Test Subject
#41 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 6:29 AM
At present, I could not even sime2 did not play very thorough and therefore not very looking forward to 3 ...

3 the need for highly computer configuration?
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#42 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 6:37 AM
Excellent! Good job boss! :P
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 6:47 AM
THANKS !!! This site have so much to offer. And I wanna start uploading stuff from my game soon.and big thanks again you guys are the best!
Scholar
#44 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 6:51 AM
This is good news as I am sure we will have programs to create cc for the sims 3, I was a little concerned before.

CC4Sims
Love will humiliate you and hate will cradle you.
Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits.
Instructor
#45 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 7:13 AM
Sounds great. Looking forward to the future.

"Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio."

- William Shakespere ~ Hamlet
Addicted to Capuccino!
retired moderator
#46 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 7:19 AM
Yaay! What great idea! Thank you very much Delphy and the staff ! A few days ago, I wasn't sure to buy TS3 but now I will reconsider my position...

Sorry I can't take requests anymore!
And I will probably never convert my creations for TS2 to TS3.
Test Subject
#47 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 7:26 AM
thanks.
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 7:29 AM
This is great news! Yay! I completely agree with what Maylin said...However, I have a feeling my computer won't be able to handle TS3, whether I decide I want it or not! =/

Hm, I'll probably join this contest, I like making banners and such. =)
The ModFather
retired moderator
#49 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 8:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
EA Legal complained about some of the things in the logo that where from the game.

Yes, we all know how picky can be EA when the game graphics are used for commercial purposes:

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#50 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 8:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cill2007
Yay... this might be something I actually can do well on! I'm not that good at designing sims 2 stuff, but, I'm very artistic when it comes to this kinda stuff.... designing, drawing, etc.

Oh, I have a fast question, reguarding the sizes of the logo.

It states to make them at least 2000 px on the long side, so, am I understanding this correcly: You'd change
500X500 [for mod the sims] into 2500X500 or would you keep it square and go 2500X2500?

Make it square - in other words, 2000x2000, or 2500x2500, for the actual logo part, but obviously the banners would be seperate.

For example, the logo on the top left is square, but the actual banner including the text is rectangular.

Hope this clarifies things.

Quote: Originally posted by Echo
Really? I'm glad I got my mouse mat when I had the chance then! *pets MTS2 mouse mat*

Yup - those previous items are now rare and limited in number since only a few hundred of each where actually sold!

Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
This is excellent news I've been forlornly wondering where I would go when this site closed down!

I never actually said it was closing down though

Quote: Originally posted by joninmobile
Will there be a section for the sims 1 perhaps?

Most likely not. We'll have enough to do to make up FAQs and tutorials and so on on the Sims 3 - there is already enough info out there about the Sims 1 that we don't need to go back.

Quote: Originally posted by Nukapei
What a wonderful idea! Keep everything nice and together. Thank you, Delphy! I've wondered how this site will fare on February 16th, but this far exceeds even my hopes! :D

On a pseudo-unrelated note, when does the contest end?

According to the release dates here the Sims 3 isn't going to be out till March.

The contest ends on February 20th.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Page 2 of 17