Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Mar 2010 at 9:16 AM Last edited by TLCRZ : 11th Mar 2010 at 4:17 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default my IKEA stuffs lost!
As I've been playing The Sims 2, ive never seen this prob before.

My houses use a lot of ikea furnitures like fridges,counters, etc.It was normall until I run SimPE and it was a pop up said that the program would be harmful for the game because it's older version, carelessly I run SimPE anyway.

Then I come back in the game I've found that ikea furnitures... they weren't exist anymore! (either at home and in buy/build mode)

These can be proven:

leaving the empty collection ..

but now, I've download new SimPE one
so what should I do?

--- ---- -- -- ---
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 9th Mar 2010 at 9:19 AM
SimPE wouldn't have caused that, just running it - and I don't think it could cause that at all, since it looks like everything's disappeared entirely, not just from your current save. It looks like something went wonky and the game doesn't really realize that Ikea is still there.

Back up your My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\ folder (just copy it), uninstall Ikea from Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel, and then reinstall it.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 4:21 AM
you mean compressing my documents' TS2 files ?
*I've written them in CDs already

--- ---- -- -- ---
In the Arena
retired moderator
#4 Old 12th Mar 2010 at 1:49 AM
If the user files had been backup up, uninstall the Ikea pack only and then reinstall. It is easiest to ensure the Stuff Pack's files are restored so Windows can find them again, than you may want to start troubleshooting the content. [wiki]Game_Help:Game_Problem[wiki]

Are you also using the latest SimPE?