Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 11:37 AM
Came across this today when I was building so I guess it's relevant to add to this thread:

moveobjects to put floor tiles on the edge of a lot to complete pattios or making the sidewalk at the front of a house two tiles wide instead of one, yay!

And all the Naaru say I'm pretty fly for a Draenei!
LiveJournal - Tumblr
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 11:37 PM
Ooooh, I like the serenading idea.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#28 Old 1st Mar 2012 at 6:44 PM
Its been a long time since anyone posted anything so here is tip no.:

With moveobjects on, you can decorate your house as shown below:

You can place objects under the table, like potted plants, vases, sculptures, etc...

Also, if you use plants, it would be better to place them near a window, as shown above^.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#29 Old 1st Mar 2012 at 6:48 PM
Remember if you're tiling over the road with moveobjects on, you'd better have placed your driveway(s) first because they won't go right way around after. I did that wrong yesterday again.
Forum Resident
#30 Old 1st Mar 2012 at 7:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vimpse
Curtains and blinds on the same window! I particularly like doing this in bathrooms with full-size windows - curtains don't cover enough and blinds look sad and boring on their own:

(shown here with eletrodj's CurtainBlinds SuperSET and Holy Simoly's Simply Elegant curtains)

How have I not thought of this?! Brilliant! Oh and you just had to link to the downloads didn't you...Now I have to have them in my game

IRT

I guess my tip would be that you can tuck the gaming system under the tv and it's still functional. Picture courtesy of MikeInside.

There's also tons of other tips on that same link.

Tired of your workers' faces changing after you set a uniform? See this thread for more details and a potential fix.
-----
Check out my journal.
I now have a Simblr(in the making) please follow!
Simblr
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#31 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 11:37 AM Last edited by M.M.A.A. : 12th Mar 2012 at 7:04 PM. Reason: Picture was too dark.

Quoting from another thread:

Quote: Originally posted by Simsica
Even if you put your doors in next to another door and it does that "weird thing", when you next load the lot the door will be fully visible. And it is usable even before that, while it still does that "weird thing". So just go ahead and place your doors. You'll be just fine.

The only case where this won't be fine though is if you've placed them with "snapobjectstogrid false" cheat. But "moveobjects on" is fine. It even works on foundation/basement walls, and with both doors and windows. All you need to do is re-load the lot.

Thanks to Simsica, we now have a solution for doors and arcs on the same tile:

Screenshots
Site Helper
#32 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 4:10 PM
It would help if you posted a picture that was brighter (daytime).
Banned
#33 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 4:19 PM
#18: I did this for my entry in Wgroome's challenge. I used moveObjects on to make a conjoined sofa.

If you download OMSP's with the base game magisplay tray, then you can add even more functions -- perfect for decorating!

Instructor
#34 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 4:41 PM
Wow, these are some very creative and helpful ideas. My Sims tend to get a bit of traffic congestion in the tiny bathrooms I give them. I may use the bathroom idea in a floor plan or two in the future.

I don't get why so many Simmers hate Marsha Bruenig. She actually grows up to be quite pretty if you allow her to.
Forum Resident
#35 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 10:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NollemD
#18: I did this for my entry in Wgroome's challenge. I used moveObjects on to make a conjoined sofa.

That conjoined sofa looks great! I'm going to have to try this out in one of my houses. It looks completely natural and almost like it's supposed to be a corner sofa.

Tired of your workers' faces changing after you set a uniform? See this thread for more details and a potential fix.
-----
Check out my journal.
I now have a Simblr(in the making) please follow!
Simblr
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#36 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 2:30 PM Last edited by M.M.A.A. : 12th Mar 2012 at 7:05 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
It would help if you posted a picture that was brighter (daytime).

Will do once i play that house in this rotation.

The pic is now edited.
Scholar
#37 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 5:27 AM Last edited by Clashfan : 4th Apr 2012 at 10:22 PM.
Tip #19

Some great ideas on here I hadn't even thought about for using this. One of the things I use it for is for landscaping, as a side note shrubs placed this way can not be trimmed, to make fuller flower beds, shrubs and even trees.

Before:

After:

I also use a "perfect plants" mod so I don't have to worry about watering and trimming being accessible. It can still be used for trees and any CC plants you have that are not coded for maintenance.
Top Secret Researcher
#38 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 7:55 PM
Turn moveobjects on and take those tables with tablecloths (forget the name, the fancy ones). You can have them overlap each other and make what appears to be one incredibly long tableclothed table.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#39 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 8:11 PM
People PLEASE number your posts if you have a hint and have some pics if you have a hint so that people can understand easily.

Clashfan, you are #19

and StrangeTownChick, you are #20.
Scholar
#40 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 8:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.
People PLEASE number your posts if you have a hint and have some pics if you have a hint so that people can understand easily.

Clashfan, you are #19

and StrangeTownChick, you are #20.

Oops sorry, I edited it and added the number.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#41 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 8:18 PM Last edited by M.M.A.A. : 12th Mar 2012 at 3:50 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Clashfan
Oops sorry, I edited it and added the number.

*Breathing* Thank you! sorry if i seem picky, its just that it would be easy to distinguish between a post that is just a normal reply and one that is a tip.

Again, thank you.

Mad Poster
#42 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 7:52 PM
What always annoyed me was that you couldn't hang those flower baskets from Mansion and Garden from a patio ceiling...it has to be inside.

Well, I thought I'd try moveobjects, and voila!

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#43 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 8:32 PM
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#44 Old 4th Apr 2012 at 5:54 PM

Placing lights, sculptures, plants, etc... in (the centre of) fountains:

Screenshots
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#45 Old 4th Apr 2012 at 8:16 PM
Placing lights, sculptures, plants, etc... in (the centre of) fountains:

So what does that look like at night?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Top Secret Researcher
#46 Old 4th Apr 2012 at 9:48 PM
#22, I did the same thing for a mall fountain! (of course at the time I had no idea the jets would come up into the H&M above...

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Top Secret Researcher
#47 Old 4th Apr 2012 at 10:44 PM
I tried sticking an oven into a counter to see how that works.

It looks good, but you're guaranteed to set the stove on fire pretty much every time. No matter how good your cooking skill is. C'est la vie.
Test Subject
#48 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 7:00 AM
Some of these are so handy! Thanks for the ideas!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#49 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 7:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
So what does that look like at night?

Cont. of tip #22:

It looks like this:

However, i had to place both the "The "Spike Light"" and the "Garden Glow Spotlight" (directed towards the centre) on the same square, in order for the lighting to be, as shown above, onto the other fountain's sculpture.

Also, if you dont place anything but another light in the centre, the lighting intensity would increase. But with moveobjects, you could place another light on the same spot you have placed an object on (if it is even in the centre) and the lighting will still increase.

Quote: Originally posted by aching4bacon
Some of these are so handy! Thanks for the ideas!

Your welcome.
Screenshots
Scholar
#50 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 9:08 PM

with moveobjects on, you can place stairs and spirals on the same squares as arcs:

in order to do this, first place the arc, turn the cheat on, then place the stairs, then turn the cheat off if you want to. this doesnt cause routing problems

May i ask where you got the dining set? It looks lovely!
Page 2 of 3