Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 2:14 AM Last edited by Dravenklan1 : 2nd Feb 2018 at 2:56 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Void
I fixed it on my own.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 2:55 AM Last edited by igazor : 1st Feb 2018 at 3:15 AM.
I think the OP may need to clarify what they mean. There are only five Core Mods in common usage for TS3. The other thousands of them out there are all Script and Tuning Mods and somewhat hybrid things like Scripted Objects. These are the Core Mods:

NRaas ErrorTrap
NRaas UntranslatedKey
CmarNYC's XCAS
Consort's 2X Weight&Fitness
AwesomeMod

I would suggest at least trying the Clean Folder test again but without the CC at first. Can the game run on the clean TS3 user game folder that is generated when the current one is pulled out, with no added content at all? And then with the Framework re-inserted and a couple, a few more, half, or all of their mods put back in place, cache files cleared at each step?

As for patching, EA's 1.67 SuperPatcher really shouldn't be causing issues on a healthy game install. Launcher directed patching could be a different story.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 3:30 AM
If your game is really at Patch 1.55, then it shouldn't have mod versions designed exclusively for later patch levels in it.

If your game is really at Patch 1.67 now, then some of your mods from NRaas, Cmar, or other places, could be outdated.

Sorry, I got a bit lost as to which direction you were going in there.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 4:50 AM
Patch 1.67, by way of the SuperPatcher, has nothing to do with Origin. That's 1.69. If while patching a game from a lower level to 1.67 the offer comes up to allow Origin to manage your game, just say No Thanks.
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-...3-super-patcher

There are of course 1.55 versions of all of our mods available at NRaas. Cmar still provides an archive with older versions of her mods as well, but you have to click through some extra links to get to them. If the you are not going to patch, then they you should stay with the older versions entirely but we at NRaas can't really provide support for their usage. And again the only Core Mod from NRaas is ErrorTrap (and UntranslatedKey, but that's for developers). Sorry to be so picky about terminology, but all of the other mods we offer are not Core Mods. Again, there are only five of those as listed above.

I hope you will find another way to get your game working as you want it again whichever route you take.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 5:53 AM
This may or may not be causing the crashing, but you can't have Cmar's TuningSliders x2, x3, and x4 all at the same time. Pick one. Same with TuningSlidersNumber, pick 50 or 100. They are not additive, they will conflict with each other. If you require more than 100 sliders, then you need to open one of the SliderNumber tuning files in S3PE and edit the number in the XML portion of the file (e.g., I have mine set to 250) and use that one.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#8 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 8:37 AM
Seeing that your issues started after merging your custom content, isn't there a slight chance that something sneaked into those merged files that shouldn't be there, or, respectively, something is missing in there that you used before? Have you tried starting a fresh game in a user folder that does not have your files merged yet?
My game sometimes crashes already in CAS when I try to edit a Sim that I made a long time ago, and I suspect that this old Sim still has references to clothing and default replacements that I don't use anymore.

After reading through the patch notes (1.55 is the first Island Paradise patch), I wonder why you prefer to stay on that level in particular. 1.55 brought a lot of bugs to the base game and other EPs that were later fixed in 1.57. I can understand, however, if one doesn't want to make the jump to the 1.6x patch levels (Into the Future patches) because a lot of my old saves broke terminally after updating to 1.63/1.66/1.67.

(Some issues that were either introduced or remained unfixed in 1.55:
- some rabbitholes became unroutable
- WA tents are broken
- LN bars are broken
- elder canes are broken
- UL selfies with friends are impossible
- many IP features are still bugged)
Site Helper
#9 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 11:23 PM
If you know that the problem is Cmar's XCAS and not anything else, the next step is to figure out which bit is the problem. The game sometimes makes no sense with what affects things, so why XCAS would be creating problems when picking a lot could simply be because the game is being silly. You haven't tried cooking or fishing while having a special seed in your inventory, so it needs to find some other weird thing to complain about.

But a binary search through your Xcas files (After checking to see how it works if you remove the conflicting files) should solve the problem quickly if it really is one of them.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#11 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 12:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
This may or may not be causing the crashing, but you can't have Cmar's TuningSliders x2, x3, and x4 all at the same time. Pick one. Same with TuningSlidersNumber, pick 50 or 100. They are not additive, they will conflict with each other. If you require more than 100 sliders, then you need to open one of the SliderNumber tuning files in S3PE and edit the number in the XML portion of the file (e.g., I have mine set to 250) and use that one.

You are getting help - I have to agree with Nitromon here in that people aren't saying what you want to hear. You say you're getting ignored but have you read what igazor said about having the different versions of the sliders..

From what I know of merging packages, it's tricky. Not everything should be merged and some things shouldn't be merged together. Your problems started after you cleaned up your CC and merged files. Have you tried taking the merged files out and putting back the originals? (That's why you should keep the originals, which you did.)

Also: if you insist on staying at the patch level you're on, no matter what the reason is, your game is not going to be completely up to date and you will run into problems. It's that simple.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 2:40 AM
I will also point out that there are many motivations players have to be helpful (or try to be). Often enough we learn something about the game ourselves by gaining a better understanding of what's going wrong or the player's style and their use of mods.

Being accused of ignoring or being disrespectful to the OP does not rank highly among those motivations and it's certainly not a result we aim to achieve. But every single member here who has responded thus far, although our perspectives are each a bit different, has been respectful, professional, and has done nothing but spend time we could have spent doing something else trying to be helpful. I'm only sorry that the OP does not see that and that our responses fail to meet their expectations.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 2:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
I will also point out that there are many motivations players have to be helpful (or try to be). Often enough we learn something about the game ourselves by gaining a better understanding of what's going wrong or the player's style and their use of mods.

Being accused of ignoring or being disrespectful to the OP does not rank highly among those motivations and it's certainly not a result we aim to achieve. But every single member here who has responded thus far, although our perspectives are each a bit different, has been respectful, professional, and has done nothing but spend time we could have spent doing something else trying to be helpful. I'm only sorry that the OP does not see that and that our responses fail to meet their expectations.

Tell that to the person above you who has been ignoring information provided and accusing me of simply not wanting to listen to their "oh so sage advice". I have provided PROOF that it is core mods causing the issues. You yourself said that XCAS is a core mod. So it is the core mod causing issues. I want answers as to why suddenly they aren't working. I myself saved people time by narrowing down the problem area before coming here. I'm not looking for patch recommendations, I just want to figure out why the set of XCAS that I have, which was made specifically for the patch I was on, is causing the game to crash. But people are disagreeing with everything I say, finding my frustration funny... That isn't helpful or respectful. No one told any one of you to keep coming back, but you chose to, and came back with information that isn't useful to the situation. "Fail to meet my expectations", if your "answers" aren't real solutions, then yeah, I'm not going to listen to them. I managed to fix this issue on my own, no thanks to any of you.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 12:17 PM
I have to give it to you people, you're so patient and professional, and this is sims and all of you are doing this on your free time! You make the actual professionals look bad!

"I managed to fix this issue on my own, no thanks to any of you."

It is not like igazor spoon fed the answer: "you can't have Cmar's TuningSliders x2, x3, and x4 all at the same time. Pick one. Same with TuningSlidersNumber, pick 50 or 100. They are not additive, they will conflict with each other."

Gee, I wish I could act this entitled and have everybody around me be this nice all the time.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 8:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MeowMixPls
Gee, I wish I could act this entitled and have everybody around me be this nice all the time.

And it's not like their lives are so much better because of it, either.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )