Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#11626 Old 1st Apr 2014 at 3:45 AM
You know what happens when you direct a teen or older sim with the 'Grow Up' aspiration to use the sensorb? The sim gets grilled! It's a good way to properly initialize the sim's aspiration though, and you can pick one that fits his/her personality the best.
Advertisement
Scholar
#11627 Old 3rd Apr 2014 at 9:03 PM
I have just learned that vampires who live in apartments are hard to reach.

They get annoyed as all the other apartment neighbours do when you phone them kinda late at night.
And of course you can't phone them during daytime, because they are vampires.

So... it leaves their friends just a few hours to phone them. Better invite them over soon and chat with them at home!
Mad Poster
#11628 Old 4th Apr 2014 at 8:45 PM
I discovered
(1) that getting a love tub with your aspiration points fulfils the "Buy a hot tub" want.

(2) that you can get a neat point for a "tidy" date. What this means I don't know, but Chandler got a neat point at the end of his dream date with a Sim who has 2 neat points -- one of those who doesn't bother to flush the toilet after use.
Mad Poster
#11629 Old 4th Apr 2014 at 8:55 PM
I think I discovered that sims will avoid telling dirty jokes around children.

At least, Rhein being within earshot dancing with her grandpa was the only reason I could think of for inveterate dirty-joke tellers Dixie and Valentine to exchange clean jokes at Dixie's wedding. I didn't know either of them knew any clean jokes.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#11630 Old 5th Apr 2014 at 1:30 AM
I also discovered that it really is worth paying for a decent bed for your lazy Sims. Craig Royce, my now-playable slob, and warden of the Teen Townie Hostel in downtown Veronaville, was able to get up at 3 a.m. to work on the novel he's writing, after I gave him a mid-range double bed, to replace the cheap one he used up till now. With the old bed he couldn't get up at 6 a.m., let alone 3! (He has a double bed in the hope -- vain so-far -- that he'll persuade some one to share it with him!)
Mad Poster
#11631 Old 5th Apr 2014 at 1:49 AM
I discovered that I have yet to figure out, why married sims wears their alliance on the wrong finger. Is there really, any reason?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Scholar
#11632 Old 5th Apr 2014 at 4:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
I think I discovered that sims will avoid telling dirty jokes around children.

At least, Rhein being within earshot dancing with her grandpa was the only reason I could think of for inveterate dirty-joke tellers Dixie and Valentine to exchange clean jokes at Dixie's wedding. I didn't know either of them knew any clean jokes.

The presence of children doesn't seem to stop them in my game. Or, at least, it doesn't stop Grimhild from telling dirty jokes.

(I think it just proves that Dixie and Val have better social skills than Grimhild.)

My CC creations, updated April 21, 2015.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#11633 Old 6th Apr 2014 at 2:33 AM
That an adult Sim can push a kid on the swingset. Cute!
Lab Assistant
#11634 Old 6th Apr 2014 at 5:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
I discovered that I have yet to figure out, why married sims wears their alliance on the wrong finger. Is there really, any reason?

I think it has to do with the fact that they are not human. They are Sims. They have their own little universe. Their own language. Their own objects and TV shows and music. At least that's now I see it.

But didja know if the woman proposes to a man (or one man to another man) the proposee will get the diamond ring? I'm sorry but for my hetero couples that is just so darn funny
Lab Assistant
#11635 Old 6th Apr 2014 at 6:04 AM
Last night, I found Alexander Goth in front of an armchair, with a picture of his dad in his queue, and then proceeded to kick the armchair! What cute rebellion!
Mad Poster
#11636 Old 6th Apr 2014 at 8:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Vhee0829
I think it has to do with the fact that they are not human. They are Sims. They have their own little universe. Their own language. Their own objects and TV shows and music. At least that's now I see it.

But didja know if the woman proposes to a man (or one man to another man) the proposee will get the diamond ring? I'm sorry but for my hetero couples that is just so darn funny

Sims are a lot less prejudiced than us humans. Noone cares who gets the engagement ring or the last name and gay couples are accepted as normally as het couples.
Mad Poster
#11637 Old 6th Apr 2014 at 2:16 PM
I modded out the engagement ring, because I rather pick one myself from my collection of rings. Looks a tad weird in the engagement videos, but I prefer it that way.
Mad Poster
#11638 Old 6th Apr 2014 at 2:34 PM
I always wondered if those engagement, first woohoo, first kiss etc. videos were saved anywhere to rewatch.
Mad Poster
#11639 Old 6th Apr 2014 at 2:46 PM
They both get engagement rings; it's just that the one proposed to is the only one we see put it on.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
#11640 Old 6th Apr 2014 at 3:00 PM

Lots of cartoon characters have four fingers instead of five.
Simpsons and the Disney characters and so on.
So Marge and Homer f ex have their rings on the middle finger.
So Sims also resemble cartoon characters so that could be why their rings are on the middle finger (even though they have five fingers.)

Elephant! Handcuffs! Naughty! Tee hee!
Mad Poster
#11641 Old 6th Apr 2014 at 3:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I always wondered if those engagement, first woohoo, first kiss etc. videos were saved anywhere to rewatch.

I was wondering this too..But then I thought, it is only events....made to use any sims who'd ever find themselves in such situations, performing said animations made for it.
It does not need to be recorded, therefore..it is not.

And about wearing ring...you guys came up with funny answers, me like Though, I'd like to have EA view on this..lol

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Lab Assistant
#11642 Old 7th Apr 2014 at 3:49 PM
I discovered that when sims drink espresso, they shudder!

Always remember that you are absolutely unique.
Just like everyone else.
-Margaret Mead
Mad Poster
#11643 Old 7th Apr 2014 at 4:23 PM
While making the "Beginning Hoods" I found out you can easily change the name of any hood from the hood selection screen.

IE: "The Beginning of Strangetown" to Strangetown Beginnings.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Lab Assistant
#11644 Old 7th Apr 2014 at 11:04 PM

tidy date?
Scholar
#11645 Old 7th Apr 2014 at 11:49 PM
I learned that sims have favourite foods. I noticed before that certain foods pop up in their thought bubbles in restaurants, but thought they were just random pictures. But after playing a family that dined in the hotel restaurant every evening, I think it´s always the same food for a given sim.

Also I always assumed the first child of a couple was immune to Firstborn syndrome. But Ambrose and Tina had their first child today and I swear she is a female clone of Ambrose´s (who was born in the same household). Their stats are nearly identical and she looks just like her dad looked as a toddler. I put her up for adoption, randomized and tried for baby again and the next kid was a much more "believeable" mix. (Sorry, Michaela, I promise you´ll have a wonderful childhood, only not in this family.)
Theorist
#11646 Old 8th Apr 2014 at 2:24 AM

From what I recall of playing the game on its lowest settings (before I discovered how to change them and make them better), I would guess that it's because at it's most basic, the game only animates three parts of the hand: thumb, index finger, and middle-ring-pinky as one unit. Because the ring finger is not a separate unit in that setup, animating the action of putting a ring on the middle finger seems like the easiest thing to do, since it's nearest the fingers that do move independently and would show the most clearly.

That's my guess, anyhow.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Lab Assistant
#11647 Old 8th Apr 2014 at 4:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by intransitmatt

tidy date?

da fuq?
Top Secret Researcher
#11648 Old 8th Apr 2014 at 4:48 AM
I'm playing Pleasantview for the first time and on week 2. I discovered that Mary-Sue Pleasant (who divorced cheating Daniel in my game and is now married to Amin Sims so is Mary-Sue Sims now) has gray recessive eyes. Well I discovered this because her and Amin had a baby, Amin has light blue eyes, expressed and recessive, and their son has Gray eyes.

My Simblr
He/They
Forum Resident
#11649 Old 9th Apr 2014 at 8:49 PM
That the police force in my neighborhood is useless. I just had a burglar come onto Brittany Zeeman's lot and steal about four things. When the police showed up, he waited patiently for the burglar to come down the front steps so he could go up them, then walked into the house to look for the crook as the burglar made his escape...

The moon so bright shows me the way
Deep in the graveyard beside her I lay
Knowing she'll keep me safe from all harms
Though six feet apart, I lay in her arms...
Mad Poster
#11650 Old 10th Apr 2014 at 2:04 AM
What bad luck Rose. I just had a visit from the burglar myself, and for once I was almost happy to see him. It was my poorest Sim, an elder that is working her way towards furnishing her tiny house. Just the day before I had invested in a burglar alarm, despite it being all the money she had. I reasoned she really couldn't afford to get burglarized, and thus it should take priority over any non-vital item. And what do you know, the burglar appears for the first time in many real-life months of playing. I think her lack of furnishings confused him, because he didn't have time to take anything before the police came and beat him up. It was nice to see that the 250 sim dollars were worth it.
Locked thread | Locked by: Reason: Lots of replies! Go post in v2!
Page 466 of 619