Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#11651 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 4:44 PM
That my obsessively neat Sim is so anxious to clean that she empties the potty before her daughter has finished using it. Not going to ask how she does it, I'd rather not know :P

Her husband, who is also obsessively clean, has so far limited his autonomous interactions with the girl (who was adopted as toddler) to bathing her. As soon as she drops a milimeter below max, he thinks she needs a bath. It's all kinds of ironic since he's an auto mechanic and spends most of his time restoring old cars. I wonder what his car repair shop would look like, seeing what a neat-freak he is.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#11652 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 9:10 PM
that BOOLPROP CONTROLPETS on can also control roommates and people you take with you on vacation.

Seems the game doesn't know the difference between roommates, friends on vacation and AMIMALS :P
Mad Poster
#11653 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 7:34 AM
That Sim parents try to join a dollhouse stuck in use. The Sim parents have one daughter and she was watching TV so I was surprised to see "join" in the dad's queue with the picture of the dollhouse. She wasn't playing with it, but it was somehow stuck in use and he was trying to "join" the stuck in use dollhouse.
Mad Poster
#11654 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 8:05 PM
Alarm clocks break!
I'm presuming sims can smash alarm clocks? But I could be wrong. I just entered a house and there was a mangled pile of bolts and springs where the alarm clock had been.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#11655 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 10:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
Alarm clocks break!
I'm presuming sims can smash alarm clocks? But I could be wrong. I just entered a house and there was a mangled pile of bolts and springs where the alarm clock had been.

Do you have Pets?
Pets can "scratch" a lot of items..and you'll find scratched items like that. A pile of bolts and springs on the floor.
Though it should not happen when you are not playing them..O_o

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Lab Assistant
#11656 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 12:47 AM
That Brandi Broke can have twins, :-o I do have alot of mods...but still! I did not try to make this happen, now she has FOUR kids in a tinnie tiny trailer! Poor Brandi needs a vaca badly but she's too broke! BAHAHAHA
Theorist
#11657 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 12:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
Alarm clocks break!

Sims can indeed smash alarm clocks under the right circumstances. They have to be in a bad mood, tired when the alarm goes off, and possibly mean. (Not sure on the last one.)

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Mad Poster
#11658 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 10:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Do you have Pets?
Pets can "scratch" a lot of items..and you'll find scratched items like that. A pile of bolts and springs on the floor.
Though it should not happen when you are not playing them..O_o

I don't have pets installed, my computer goes all nope when I try to install anything other than the base game (I've read every trick and tip to fix it but nope)
Another person explained above why/how sims smash alarm clocks Can't say I've ever had this happen before, and now I want to see it happen again.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Lab Assistant
#11659 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 6:54 PM
Sloppy children will climb inside the outdoor trashcan, in order to satisfy their hunger pangs. I noticed the trashcan, of my current main family bobbing about, and out popped Adonis impishly munching on some gristly morsel he'd discovered in its dark and dingy interior. I wonder if he'll get sick....
Lab Assistant
#11660 Old 18th Apr 2014 at 6:27 PM
I didn't discover this while actually playing, but it is an ingame feature:

I discovered the cut scenes for Alien Birth, and when a bride gets cold feet on her wedding day. I had only seen a few of the cut scenes before, but not those! They had a lot of them all in one video on youtube.

Just take each day 24 minutes at a time... Unless you hit pause, then you could be there for hours!

Sims 2 Pinterest Profile: https://www.pinterest.com/tullulabell1894/
In the process of moving all Sims 2 pins from my personal Pinterest
Theorist
#11661 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 9:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by miriamnz
Sloppy children will climb inside the outdoor trashcan, in order to satisfy their hunger pangs. I noticed the trashcan, of my current main family bobbing about, and out popped Adonis impishly munching on some gristly morsel he'd discovered in its dark and dingy interior. I wonder if he'll get sick....

I just had a toddler age up to child. After she finished her cake, I saw her run out the front door. I thought she was going to eat from the trash but instead salvaged some junk and made 8 simoleons. Right after that she ran inside to jump in puddles from a sink leak. Her dad was fixing it while her mom was mopping up. Jumping created more puddles. This was in Pet Stories, so it was surprising since the only time I've seen this action is Sims2 with seasons but never with puddles caused by leaks.

Your sim may get sick, just keep an eye on him. I've only had one playable who ate from the trash and he got sick, then passed it on to his 3 kids.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Lab Assistant
#11662 Old 20th Apr 2014 at 12:04 PM
Yep, he did indeed get sick. Which isn't surprising, as the little sod repeated his bin foraging escapades at least twice since my initial post. I have the "real sickness" mod, but I wasn't really wanting to dispense with Adonis just yet - so Grandma's Soup came to the rescue. It was worth it though, to see him slithering right inside the trash-can, only to emerge with some rancid and festering gourmand's delight, from dinner 3 weeks past.
Scholar
#11663 Old 20th Apr 2014 at 3:23 PM
I have not been playing today but anyway.

I was playing the family of Malcolm Landgraab. He is in the business career (sorry forgot check title) and while he where away working one of my sims named Emanuela Rodrigez walked past the lot. She are in the same career an she was wearing this blue business outfit. No one on the lot did talk to her. Only a few sim hours later Malcolm returned home and I got a message saying that he did bring a friend whit him. But who was this friend? It was Emanuela Rodrigez but she was wearing the red business outfit. Wait, what? Did she just get promoted for NOT being at work? Weird! I did not think so mush about it but later on I checked (and played) the Rodrigez family. No, the woman had not have a promotion yet so she went to work in the blue office wear. However, she only had to practise a little on her charisma to got the promotion so my guess is that the game did mess up a little. Maybe be curse she was so close to the next career step. Funny but weird.
#11664 Old 20th Apr 2014 at 4:54 PM
When I take my families on vacations I always end up torturing tourists or the locals asking them to take pictures. I sometimes get a pop-up from them saying something like "I don't think that turned out right, maybe I should take another photo." I used to think it was just the game assuming I was taking pictures at weird angles, but then I went into story mode yesterday and noticed those photos are blurry! That's kinda cool, but I realized that a bit too late since I only took one of each photo and the families are now back home so I can't redo them.
Mad Poster
#11665 Old 20th Apr 2014 at 5:03 PM
Work sims come home in the same outfit as the sim they come home with, generally.

Which is fun with ecogurus....

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#11666 Old 20th Apr 2014 at 5:07 PM
I play apartments a lot, but for some reason..I haven't noticed that before yesterday's play session* (..all day )
When I asked Raphaelle to visit her boy friend Sam, who lives in the unit in front of hers, once in she could stay there..even though he had to go to work.
I was sure my sim would autonomously leave..but no.
So! She played with Sam's dog..then she made his bed, add some fruits she had in her inventory to his juicer, harvested his tomato plants..(and later on, gift them back to him lol)
Re fertilized and replant some strawberries..you know? while there! Make it worth it.
I should visit my neighbors more often...

#11667 Old 20th Apr 2014 at 5:20 PM
Wow your sims are nice! When my sim visited their neighbor they just pick up the teddy bear and sprinted back to their own apartment because they wanted it that badly
Mad Poster
#11668 Old 20th Apr 2014 at 5:57 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 21st Apr 2014 at 8:35 PM.
Ahahahaha! I'll take this as a compliment..
I actually had to cancel a few interactions she'd have, such as..sit on the park bench, or...push at the swing set. Because they would have her leave Sam's unit, and I wanted to know..how long would she be able to stay there, or how long would it takes before the game kicks her out, without him being at home. Nothing of that happened, I was very happy with the results.

Here, instead of double posting again...

I discovered 2 little neat tricks recently.
Chase by bees...how annoying that one is uh? Even though you cancel it, your sim will still run like crazy until bees decide to leave.
That "interaction" though, seem to place itself at the end of any other interactions you'd have queued...
So if, while your sim is still hiking, you give them a few interaction, activities for when they come back, the chase by bees should come up at the end.
By the time your sim is done with his activities..bees are long gone.

Sorry, if this comes up while your sim is collecting bugs though...you'll have to deal with bees.

Heatstroke. After a hike, in summer..this is likely to happen.
Have your sim drink some lemonade before sending them. They will leave being cold because they were all greened uP..but have more chances to come back greened up too.

Mad Poster
#11669 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 9:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BeckyBoo8
I used to think it was just the game assuming I was taking pictures at weird angles, but then I went into story mode yesterday and noticed those photos are blurry!

They could also come out cropped in weird ways, as well as blurry. I want to say there is a third way they can go wrong, but I can't remember what it is.

I abuse that feature so hardcore, I even have photo-Servos that move in with families and constantly stand at the ready with the camera, so I get that a lot. For me, it seems to happen more often if I had the game paused when taking the picture, and move the camera view before unpausing. Could be my imagination, though.
Undead Molten Llama
#11670 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 11:48 PM
OK, so here was my "huge" discovery the other night: That you can have a pixel join a pixel who's playing pinball. How long have I been playing this game again? Yeesh!

@Rosebine: If you want, there's a mod by Cyjon that eliminates the possibility of being chased by bees when hunting bugs. I use that because, as a bug collector myself for about 45 years now (although now I do it by taking photos; I don't kill them and macabrely pin them in a box ), I have never been chased by bees while "bugging." Even when I was disturbing hives. (Been stung, yes, but not chased.) That's just silly. Of course, it's pretty silly to come back from a hike being chased by bees, too (Them's some persistent bees!), but to me that's funny, so I let it ride. And I don't cancel the interaction, either, because I take perverse pleasure in watching pixels running around screaming their heads off. But if a pixel of mine is on a mission to find that last bug or die trying, I'm not going to let them be interrupted in their quest by bees.Because I know what it's like to be on that sort of insane, single-minded quest.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#11671 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 3:38 AM
Thank you. But I won't need a mod..hehe. It happened only once, I had a sim chased by bees while bugging. I too find this funny...poor simmiz. yeah..since I was a kid, i thought it was cruel and..not needed, to kill and pin bugs..just to be able to look at them. I also make sure, my windows aren't TOO clean either..for bird sake.

Scholar
#11672 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 5:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
I also make sure, my windows aren't TOO clean either..for bird sake.

What a wonderful idea for an excuse you gave me!
Mad Poster
#11673 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 7:05 AM
Are bees one of the bugs you can pin in your collection? It might be revenge lol.
Mad Poster
#11674 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 10:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Are bees one of the bugs you can pin in your collection? It might be revenge lol.

Not even....

Test Subject
#11675 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 6:21 PM
Today I learned that nannies can potty-train toddlers. My nannies are usually pretty well-behaved -- they change diapers, they clean, they don't wet themselves -- but I have never once, in maybe six years of playing this game, seen one actually help a toddler with its skills. Then today, one of them took a kid to the potty before his mother (who was busy with his twin) could. That finished the skill, too, so the nanny's even in his memories as the potty-trainer. How long have they been able to do this?!
Locked thread | Locked by: Reason: Lots of replies! Go post in v2!
Page 467 of 619