Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#701 Old 30th Jan 2014 at 5:43 PM
Anyone know of a good replacement for Bridgeport? I really like a place with highriser apartments.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Advertisement
Scholar
#702 Old 30th Jan 2014 at 8:25 PM
I just try new version(Island Paradise version) of Los Aniegos.The world is stunning,but....there are so many routing issues, that it is difficult to count.World laggs and freeze in every 10 sec.After 20 min. of gameplay ,the game crash and all progress was lost.How I remember the same problems was with older versions too.I don't know if creator is too lazy or don't understand how to fix routing,but there is no fix for this world from his side.It such a waste,cuz it is one of the most amazing sims3 world,but cause of many issues it is unplayable.
Hope,that someone who understand how fix routing,will try to fix this world problems.....
Field Researcher
#703 Old 30th Jan 2014 at 8:59 PM Last edited by BudgieSimBoy : 31st Jan 2014 at 1:51 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Nemiga
I just try new version(Island Paradise version) of Los Aniegos.The world is stunning,but....there are so many routing issues, that it is difficult to count.World laggs and freeze in every 10 sec.After 20 min. of gameplay ,the game crash and all progress was lost.How I remember the same problems was with older versions too.I don't know if creator is too lazy or don't understand how to fix routing,but there is no fix for this world from his side.It such a waste,cuz it is one of the most amazing sims3 world,but cause of many issues it is unplayable.
Hope,that someone who understand how fix routing,will try to fix this world problems.....

Nemiga have to agree 100% with you on Los Aniegos (Island Paradise version) it is stunning, but there are so many routing problems the world is unplayable in its current form, Coasterboi work that is great Red County and Los Aniegos (Latenight) are still in my top 5 custom worlds created for the Sims3. I noticed the last version (Showtime) also needed many community and residential lots replaced the first version worked fine for me apart from the occasional sim getting stuck thank goodness for NRaas Overwatch.

All that stops this world from being one of the best ever custom world was lack of Beta testing from what I *can guess from his post Coasterboi was the only one who tested it before release. Trying not to be too critical but with so many expansion now out for this version of the Sims I think you need more than one person testing it, from the following

*"Rest assured that I did a routing test before releasing. I let the game run for one whole sim week with Overwatch monitoring stuck sims. It ran the entire game week with nobody managing to get a route failure." quoted from Coastboi post dated 27/01/2014

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/po...955/295247.page

I really hope this world gets an overhaul as I spent so Much time here in the first version of Los Aniegos (latenight)
Scholar
#704 Old 30th Jan 2014 at 9:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tomomi1922
Anyone know of a good replacement for Bridgeport? I really like a place with highriser apartments.

In your other thread, I totally forgot to mention St. Claire , from awesims- it's the most amazing world ever.
One Minute Ninja'd
#705 Old 30th Jan 2014 at 10:20 PM
Thanks for the tip about the poor routing in LA. I was going to install it, but if it's routing that poorly, it's not worth the effort to uninstall when it freezes up that much. Too bad, as I was looking forward to an updated version to play with.
Alchemist
#706 Old 30th Jan 2014 at 11:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by juansfalcin
In your other thread, I totally forgot to mention St. Claire , from awesims- it's the most amazing world ever.

Do you know whether or not St. Claire supports dive lots?
Scholar
#707 Old 31st Jan 2014 at 12:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by varpunen
Do you know whether or not St. Claire supports dive lots?

No idea. Maybe? The water looks deep enough.
Scholar
#708 Old 31st Jan 2014 at 11:41 AM
I like using Alocasia recently. The only expansion you really need is Island Paradise, cause it uses the four dive spots and some of the IP plants. It looks smaller than it actually is and I even managed to put in all pre-built Community Lots, with only a little help of the AddAnyLotSize mod.

Very fitting, I like the size of it. I dislike large maps, mostly cause I like having things packed together. With the dive lots, it makes it a great place for IP playing, without having to play in the large Isla Paradiso. Also, it has two great 64x64 lots for festival grounds or resorts. Just a great world. Although, now that I have the community lot rugs, I made my own, smaller community lots. Horray!

Also like it that we can also download the CAW file for the world~

C-A
Lab Assistant
#709 Old 7th Feb 2014 at 5:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BudgieSimBoy
Nemiga have to agree 100% with you on Los Aniegos (Island Paradise version) it is stunning, but there are so many routing problems the world is unplayable in its current form, Coasterboi work that is great Red County and Los Aniegos (Latenight) are still in my top 5 custom worlds created for the Sims3. I noticed the last version (Showtime) also needed many community and residential lots replaced the first version worked fine for me apart from the occasional sim getting stuck thank goodness for NRaas Overwatch.

All that stops this world from being one of the best ever custom world was lack of Beta testing from what I *can guess from his post Coasterboi was the only one who tested it before release. Trying not to be too critical but with so many expansion now out for this version of the Sims I think you need more than one person testing it, from the following

*"Rest assured that I did a routing test before releasing. I let the game run for one whole sim week with Overwatch monitoring stuck sims. It ran the entire game week with nobody managing to get a route failure." quoted from Coastboi post dated 27/01/2014

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/po...955/295247.page

I really hope this world gets an overhaul as I spent so Much time here in the first version of Los Aniegos (latenight)

I've been playing LA by Coastboi , and have had two sim weeks without a crash, However, I run so many NRAAS mods, Overwatch, Progression, Debug, Register. I think it makes a difference. I'm still exploring so I haven't ran into those infamous routing problems; but the world is SO huge it may take a while. But how he reworked the landscape is awesome. Alpine County is a good one as well.
Top Secret Researcher
#710 Old 7th Feb 2014 at 6:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tigga07
I've been playing LA by Coastboi , and have had two sim weeks without a crash, However, I run so many NRAAS mods, Overwatch, Progression, Debug, Register. I think it makes a difference. I'm still exploring so I haven't ran into those infamous routing problems; but the world is SO huge it may take a while. But how he reworked the landscape is awesome. Alpine County is a good one as well.

When he reworked the world and gives out new version, you would restart the world from scratch right?

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Theorist
#711 Old 7th Feb 2014 at 9:25 AM
Yep twice this has happened to me. You spend 2-3 years improving a hood, and then bang - new version is out. Last time I was nearly in tears until I found out that the 'enhancements' were not applicable to me, so my progress was safe.
So yeah, uploading new lots to a finished hood is fine, but re-releasing a town again after 2 years really does kick you in the teeth. Cause its like, you add nightclubs, rollercoasters and restaurants to a town, and then find out that your version is outdated and possibly unsupported. For this reason, once a town project is complete, it should stay complete imo.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Lab Assistant
#712 Old 7th Feb 2014 at 7:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tomomi1922
When he reworked the world and gives out new version, you would restart the world from scratch right?

If I understand you correctly, the new world would be like starting a new hood with everything. So yes, from scratch. Hope that helps
Scholar
#713 Old 7th Feb 2014 at 8:34 PM
Mysimsrealty.com Makes new versions of the towns all the time. But the old version stays up too. I like the fully finished AND empty worlds there.
Scholar
#714 Old 7th Feb 2014 at 8:40 PM
Currently my two favorites are Ziwa Bonde and Auberon. Ziwa Bonde is just one of the most unique worlds I've ever played, and more intriguing to me than a medieval world. The only caveat for me is it doesn't have roads so when my Sims have to go to work I forget and they tend to get fired. And then when they have to come home I forget to tell them to go home and they'll stay at work, standing at the entrance, for six hours. I still love it though, and am amazed someone could create the atmosphere so well with so little CC. Auberon is just beautiful - the scenery, the buildings, all of it. A great 'normal' (non-themed) world. I especially love the architecture of that one, and it's big enough to fit lots from all the EPs and store stuff in it.

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
bleed-in-ink.tumblr.com
Alchemist
#715 Old 10th Feb 2014 at 10:59 PM
Well, I finally decided to give St. Clair a go, since everyone is praising it and now I have to agree, the world is amazing. Even added some house boats with risk of borking the routing. Should've tried this world sooner.

On a side note, does anyone else have problems with bars in St. Claire? My sim isn't able to order drinks anywhere. When she tries, she just resets and is moved back to home lot. She didn't have that problem on campus, from where she just returned home a few sim days ago.
Scholar
#716 Old 10th Feb 2014 at 11:13 PM
Well, I finally decided to give St. Clair a go, since everyone is praising it and now I have to agree, the world is amazing. Even added some house boats with risk of borking the routing. Should've tried this world sooner.

On a side note, does anyone else have problems with bars in St. Claire? My sim isn't able to order drinks anywhere. When she tries, she just resets and is moved back to home lot. She didn't have that problem on campus, from where she just returned home a few sim days ago.

Yes, it happens to me, no matter which world I'm in. You need to clone the bar, sell the old one and replace it with the cloned,
Alchemist
#717 Old 10th Feb 2014 at 11:29 PM Last edited by varpunen : 10th Feb 2014 at 11:40 PM.
Yes, it happens to me, no matter which world I'm in. You need to clone the bar, sell the old one and replace it with the cloned,

Oh, okay. This has never happened to me in any world. Thank you for the help.

Edit: Did some testing and it seems that just replacing the bar counter alone is enough.
Scholar
#718 Old 11th Feb 2014 at 12:12 AM
Oh, okay. This has never happened to me in any world. Thank you for the help.

Edit: Did some testing and it seems that just replacing the bar counter alone is enough.

Well that's what I meant.. You would like to replace with one that matches though, right? That's why I said to clone it. :P
Theorist
#719 Old 11th Feb 2014 at 2:20 AM
Default An
It seems a little like egoism to me putting all that premium content in thw world, but hey, it's his choice. More people would download it if it wasn't so full of it, though. I buy Store stuff with doubloons (yarr) and have all venues and premium content though, so I don't mind.

I really don't get how it's "egoism" to use Store content?? That stuff is expensive, so if one has bought it and wants a world that contains it, especially since TS3 is wrapping up, why shouldn't they include it? It's no different than including stuff from an EP that you own. Generally speaking, I'm constantly amazed at all the people who seem to think that a world creator should leave out this EP or that EP (or this Store stuff or the other) just because they don't happen to have it. Hey, how about those people download it and thank the creator - or don't download it? And maybe those people complaining should just create their own world that fits all their perfect criteria?

I don't have the time or the patience (at least so far) to tackle CAW, but personally I'm grateful for all those who do create these amazing worlds that integrate various parts the TS3 content, especially since that is not something we ever get from EA. Everything EA makes is BG compatible only. I get tired or remaking every world just so I can play with the stuff I have bought. Isn't this true of most of us?

Personally I love Beach City and yes, I own almost all those Store venues. I think the Grimmy thing, the cemetery venue, is the only one I don't own. it's no big deal since the building is still there, it's just the premium content that's missing and since I didn't want it in the first place it doesn't bother me that it's missing! I don't think missing any of the PC would technically prevent someone from downloading it, it didn't prevent me from doing so, so people are free to make something else out of the lot or bulldoze it altogether. Or not. Whatever.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Alchemist
#720 Old 11th Feb 2014 at 12:43 PM
Well that's what I meant.. You would like to replace with one that matches though, right? That's why I said to clone it. :P

Sorry. It was late, I was tired and I thought you meant the whole bar... Silly me.
Scholar
#721 Old 11th Feb 2014 at 3:42 PM
Sorry. It was late, I was tired and I thought you meant the whole bar... Silly me.

Oh, you actually interpreted it the way any person should have interpreted. I should have said "bar counter". Glad it worked out though.

St. Claire is truly amazing, especially the neighborhood with all the trees. ♥
Alchemist
#722 Old 11th Feb 2014 at 11:01 PM
St. Claire is truly amazing, especially the neighborhood with all the trees. ♥

Oh, yes. I'm also using the BurntWaffles MoonriseKingdom lighting mod with Island Pardise water color + skyrim starfield and boy, do they make a difference. It's truly a well-made neighborhood and EA should learn a serious lesson from it.
Lab Assistant
#723 Old 12th Feb 2014 at 6:16 PM
Has anyone played in Drakul Isle recently? I loved it when it first came out, but now the launcher won't let it install. :/ Wondering if it's due to updates or if it's just my launcher again.
Test Subject
#724 Old 14th Feb 2014 at 5:48 AM
I just discovered Fratres while browsing TSR. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks like a lot of effort went into it. Plus, it's got tombs! Always a sucker for those.
Scholar
#725 Old 14th Feb 2014 at 5:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sapphy1758
I just discovered Fratres while browsing TSR. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks like a lot of effort went into it. Plus, it's got tombs! Always a sucker for those.

Wow, looks like a great gameplay. Love stuff like that, with story and tombs. Looks very CC-heavy, though...
Page 29 of 42