Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#276 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 6:53 PM
Lol thanks Wyldhawke good to know i'm not on my own

And melissa, you could have just started blogging all the same "As The Bubba Turns" Hilarious!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#277 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 7:56 PM
Right after unlocking the hospital and the junkyard I started getting more CTD

Hopefully I can work past them this time after I do a clean sweep and uninstall and install the game again. What fun, now to spend a few hours installing and re-patching the game. Good thing I have all the patches saved and don't have to hunt them up again.

It has to be something I have added that is still a problem after removing. I had been playing for months without any trouble, but I added a bunch of hair files and soon after was when I started getting the CTD issues. I've cleaned cache files and even broke down and added the 1.29 patch so I could update my Nraas mods. Oh well it's been a long time since I've had to uninstall and install again, guess I'm over due

Mathews Random Legacy (current Legacy)
Field Researcher
#278 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 10:11 PM
Have you tried scanning your folders with Delphy's dashboard tool (http://www.modthesims.info/d/387006)? If it's a CC problem, that might be able to find it.
Test Subject
#279 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 11:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Miss Puff
Have you tried scanning your folders with Delphy's dashboard tool (http://www.modthesims.info/d/387006)? If it's a CC problem, that might be able to find it.

Yeah, and it did find a couple Sims 2 conversion it didn't like. Thanks for the suggestion though, it may help someone else that is having crashes.

I think I forgot to clear caches after I removed a few files I didn't like after I cleaned those out. ( I did clear them after removing the bad files but not after swapping out ones I didn't like) So I'm going to retest again after cleaning out my CC and updating mods, clear caches and try it again before I totally start over again.

Mathews Random Legacy (current Legacy)
Test Subject
#280 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 2:33 AM
Hello everyone,
I just wanted to say thanks for this great Idea of yours! I really enjoy playing this challenge!
I wanted to be effective and now I have 4 kids with 2 imaginary friends and my two parents, it's really challenging and funny!
Instructor
#281 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 11:15 AM
What are the settings to allow NPC's to move in on their own accord? Sounds obvious, but I've mucked around with it all and the children I've moved out haven't been shacking up with anyone... So either im missing something, or I'm just impatient.

Edit: Sorry, should have mentioned I use Nraas SP.
Alchemist
#282 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 2:04 PM
Teal, look under the various romance options for settings to allow NPCs. Also, look under wherever pregnancy is managed and set that to allow NPCs as well.

My progress reports and pics:

Instructor
#283 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 2:15 PM
Thanks, that's what I did, so I just think I'm incredibly impatient...

Sam managed to skill sculpting and had bought a consignment store, his wife (forgotten her name), will work towards a library. They've had their first son, Felix.
Alchemist
#284 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 2:32 PM
You know, none of my born in game Sims have moved in any NPCs with them. The cashiers and paparazzi that I've moved in and bought homes for are the ones that are moving in and knocking up other NPCs. I wouldn't think that would make a difference, but maybe it does.
Lab Assistant
#285 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 5:45 PM
Ive only had an NPC move in when one of my sims has started a job and then the game creates the boss and co-workers, it seems to be these that get homes. The others don't unless you do it yourself.
Alchemist
#286 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 8:13 PM
The NPCs that moved into Bubba's house were not employed in any jobs at the time they were moved in. They did all get jobs in Education once they were residents, but before that, they were various role Sims.
Lab Assistant
#287 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 2:57 AM
@calisims: I have now had to read your as the bubba turns story to my daughter and hubby because I was laughing so hard at it that they were curious... .. end result: daughter loaded up her Sims 2 and is now busily decorating a new house ...

@Klevkin: Foiled yet again. The patch came out.. and I've been waiting to reinstall my more than 8 sims mods so I can play this challenge again.. and I've been working on achieves and exploring my newest town, Barnacle Bay instead. .. sigh. I think I'm going into withdrawl! ARGH! Somehow I ended up having all the other points-bought towns before getting Barnacle Bay.. And being a bit of a pirate buff, I had to explore.

On a side note: does anyone know of a way to make worlds scroll, or see more of them? There are so many gorgeous worlds out there, I hate to remove some of my very favorite ones (that I have for challenges, etc) just so I can see all of the worlds. Also, does anyone know if the market registers can be cheated or edited to allow buying the out of country stuff? (not for this challenge, obviously.. just creating a lot for another household..)
Scholar
#288 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 3:08 AM
Wyldhawke, if you find an answer to the scrolling worlds, let me know! I had to uninstall four the other day because they bumped Sunset Valley off the list.

Snickerson: a Random Legacy Challenge. There are zebras involved. Zebras.
Lab Assistant
#289 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 7:15 AM
Hi everyone! I like this challenge very much. My sim Mollin Santana moved to the blank Sunset Valley, She met with Leyton Sekemoto there, he was a paparazzi. When they married and moved to Mollin's home, Leyton invited his mother Ymi and his toddler son Sam. Mollin born from Leyton son named Zak. And they would have got:

Ymi Sekemoto - Bistro "Neptun" - only sushi and seafoods. (She had got it)
Leyton Sekemoto - Military Base.
Mollin Sekemoto - Fitness Center
Sam Sekemoto - The Art Gallery
Zak Sekemoto - Dance Club
Scholar
#290 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 1:56 PM
Hi. Forgive me if I ask questions that are previously asked in other questions. I admit to not reading all 12 pages right now.

1. Are you folk deleting all of your starting cash, or are you allowing your sims to start out with whatever they had leftover after they bought the lot?
2. Without mausoleums, what happens to sims graves if they die on the lot you're not playing?
Lab Assistant
#291 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 2:00 PM
How do you make a spoiler as I want to paste an update but it's going to be a huge post and I don't want people to have to read it if they dont want to
Lab Assistant
#292 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 2:16 PM
you can type

[*spoiler*] type anything you wanted spoilerd here and then end with [*/spoiler*]

just make sure you delete the * in between I only have them there so you get to see it or else it would just spoiler :P

Welcome to all the new ones

@Kewpie
1. I used the cash, there's no where to be found that you should start out poor
2. I have absolutely no clue! Good question though
Lab Assistant
#293 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 2:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kewpie
Hi. Forgive me if I ask questions that are previously asked in other questions. I admit to not reading all 12 pages right now.

1. Are you folk deleting all of your starting cash, or are you allowing your sims to start out with whatever they had leftover after they bought the lot?
2. Without mausoleums, what happens to sims graves if they die on the lot you're not playing?

I chuckled at the not reading 12 pages part. If the pages mentioned weren't so much fun, I probably would have skipped reading them myself!

I can answer 1... I know I certainly didn't delete starting money. I needed every dang penny!

As for # 2 ... that I'm not sure of... but I'm pretty darn sure that there are mods that will "find" and bury any sim that died in your town into the mausoleum. Nraas is the one I'm thinking of, I know I saw that option .. I haven't USED it, but I did note it was there...

Off to get some actual playtime in.
Lab Assistant
#294 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 2:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zokugai
Wyldhawke, if you find an answer to the scrolling worlds, let me know! I had to uninstall four the other day because they bumped Sunset Valley off the list.

double post, I know, but I had to reply.. this issue is small, but so very annoying. I have worlds I still want to test.. and I already have ones I can't see... I'm going to have to remove some until I can find a way around it.... besides buying a bigger darn monitor... and I'm so sim-addicted I've actually even though about that, yes... I had all of them able to be seen until this last patch.. and somehow they messed it up so that 4 of them disappeared right off the screen.
Mad Poster
#295 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 2:42 PM
I have the same problem with world's not being visible in the scrolling list thingy. I even posted about it in Help and in WCIF to see if anyone knew of a solution, but no joy! :-( Do let me know if you find a solution! How many worlds do you guys have installed?

Sorry I've been away from the challenge for a bit, by the way. I am struggling to finish my Masters degree, and I got dumped by my boyfriend last week, totally out of the blue. As he bought me some of the Sims 3 games for Christmas, I haven't really felt like playing lately.... I'm sure I'll get back into it over time though, and I'm enjoyed reading about how you guys are getting on!
Lab Assistant
#296 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 3:03 PM
ugh, break ups are ugly, well I'm happy your back! And don't worry about not playing, you need to take some time to recover!!

I can help you with that here's an Update from me
Lab Assistant
#297 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 3:52 PM
Thanks Klevkin.

Overdue for an update but can't remember what I last posted so i'll start from the beginning. Im only just figuring out photos but ive nearly finished this challenge (ish) so will try a proper blog for the next one. I combined this with random legacy. Spoilered as it's a looong post.

Forum Resident
#298 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 5:16 PM
wolfsbayne, wow, you've really managed to power through this already!

I finally decided to take the plunge and start this challenge off. I made a male, Davin O'Hara (traits: couch potato, genius, bookworm, shy, neurotic; LTW: Professional Author) and set him to work gaining writing skill and money for the bookstore. I kept an eye out for the mail carrier, who in my luck turned out to be female. I've just moved Mimi in, to find out her traits (workaholic, bookworm, light sleeper, athletic, friendly) and LTW (Renaissance Sim). With any luck, that means I should have the founding generation unlock the bookstore and one other lot of my choice, which I'm still trying to decide on. What I do know is that, funds withstanding, I'm going to be sending the first few sims who achieve their lots are going to go on adventures to pick up the relevant skill items/fruits/fish.

Angelos Town Prosperity updated 11th June 2012. | Albion Falls BACC updated 25th April 2011.

Watch my Livesimming Channel -- 17th June 6PM GMT (2PM EST) Cresdale: Rules and Regulations (Part 2)
Scholar
#299 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 5:29 PM Last edited by kewpie : 5th Mar 2012 at 5:41 PM.
Katya, I started with the bookstore too. To me, this makes the most sense since maxing out skills is the most basic need.

My mail carrier turned out to be male (same gender as my sim) but I stuck it out and after a while, he got replaced with a female one. So if anyone else gets unlucky with the genders of your NPCs, don't feel you have to start over. Just wait a while. Unless you have a mod that allows NPCs to be any age at all, the NPC will be replaced once they age out of the default age of the job.

Just a funny aside, because my sim was a writer and it didn't matter what the titles of his books were, I was giving them titles to relating to what was going on in the game. I have several "Kill the Mailman" and "I HATE the Mailman" books. I also have several books with titles like "Will I Be Alone Forever?" "Should I Just Go Ahead and Die?" and "Where are All the Women?"
Lab Assistant
#300 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 6:05 PM
katya - yeah, im spending several hours a day playing at the moment as im suffering health wise and not able to do much else.

I've also not stuck rigidly to the random legacy part of it. Really I shouldnt have had sims earning money for anything other than their careers but I don't think I would have achieved very much at all if I had done that. I might try it for the next one, im not sure yet.
Page 12 of 39