Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject Forevermore
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jul 2006 at 4:30 AM
Creating a Story
Hello All! I'm hoping that you can help me with my prob. When you create a story, lets say the Smiths and the Millers hate eachother, how do you actually make that happen, does the game make it happen, or do you have to make them argue and stuff? Oh, and when you get pictures for the main pic of the story, how do you get a close up? I would really appreciate it if someone could answer my question, Thankyou!
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 5th Jul 2006 at 12:53 PM
You have to make the actors do their parts... You have to capture just the right bits as stills or movies and then splice them together with the words. To get close use the '+' button -- either the one on the control screen where you can also turn your view, or the one on your keyboard.

Argue & fight become an interaction option when their relationship gets far enough into the red.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 5th Jul 2006 at 9:08 PM
It depends on the creator. Some story writers just set up some sims in a house and take pictures and make a story from whatever the sims do autonomously. Some control every little thing and fake the entire story, playing with interactions, motives, relationships, and animations, moveobjects'ing sims to make it look like they're doing other things, etc., basically making their sims into actors playing a part.

Most have a myriad of hacks and cheats to help them. Testingcheatsenabled, allmenus on, plumbbobtoggle, showheadlines, etc., all incredibly useful. Look at the cheat list in the Game Help section for most of the cheats... There's also some useful links under movie/picture hacks here: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=89338

... Squinge's Hula Dance & More, Allmenus on, and Shaklin's model walk (not linked directly there but Shaklin's site is linked there for the love bed) are all indispensible for movie making/picture taking. That link for allmenus on also has a lot of useful info on movie making and picture taking.

Also, get yourself GunMod's camera mod. It will allow you to get closeups and angles you never could without it.

For anything else, you really should try Sims2Community.com - since this really isn't a building question. They discuss story making over there all the time - I bet you can find an applicable thread in Sims 2 Chat.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject Forevermore
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Jul 2006 at 6:42 PM
Thankyou Guys! You have been a real big help, I like when people like you help me on my questions! Once again, Thanks! =)
Locked thread | Locked by: ThreadMover Reason: Outdated / No Replies