Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#8526 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 3:04 PM
It even works for custom careers. I had a townie offer one of my Sims a job in "Happily Unemployed."

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Alchemist
#8527 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 9:50 PM
pet locks; be able to distinguish between cats and dogs.
in case we want one pet type in the room but not the other.
Mad Poster
#8528 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 10:56 PM
@mdsb759 - Although not a perfect solution as I don't think it can differentiate between pet types, Pescado's authorizedpersonnelonly allows you to ban specific Sims from a room. So you can keep out Rover but let Fluffy in, for instance.

On the topic, I wonder if pet doors would be possible? There are toddler gates that keep toddlers in.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#8529 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 11:48 PM
A hack that allows non-playables to keep their job (or, if they no longer "work" where they did before, they should have a similar job). The fireman/bartender/mailman moved in; he kept his uniform, but it must have been stolen because he no longer had a job! Even worse, the PROFESSOR moved in - and was now not only unemployed, but uneducated (& no college degree)!

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#8530 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 12:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
A hack that allows non-playables to keep their job (or, if they no longer "work" where they did before, they should have a similar job). The fireman/bartender/mailman moved in; he kept his uniform, but it must have been stolen because he no longer had a job! Even worse, the PROFESSOR moved in - and was now not only unemployed, but uneducated (& no college degree)!

What I do for those I try to find a career that best matches/suits their previous profession. For e.g. a college professor NPC would get a job in Education, a firefighter would get into the Adventurer career track, and so on... I remember there was someone here who created NPC jobs for playables. :/
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8531 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 12:28 AM
The VC-love and hate it. I haven't noticed the gypsy acting any different through.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#8532 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 2:30 AM
@lientebollemeis said:
Quote:
I'd really like something like a headhunter.

I thought you meant a guy with the Witch Doctor mask from BV, who sold little tiny souvenir heads. Now THAT'S something I'd want! Maybe some cannibal chance cards for Twiikii Island excursions gone wrong!

♫ Oo Ee Oo Ah Ah!
♪ Ting - Tang ♪
Walla Walla Bing-Bang! ♫

>=)
Mad Poster
#8533 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 4:10 AM
Quote:

Quote:
I remember there was someone here who created NPC jobs for playables. :/

You might be interested in these careers by TashaFaun:
NPC Career Mega Pack
and it's companion:
NPC Career Mega Pack 2

Yes, there are no chance cards for any of them, so it's up to the player to make them advance. I'd say that these would be described as 'temporary jobs' for NPC's until they find what they truly want to do.

True, the professor doesn't have a similar job, but you could put him into the Education career and I'm sure he'd do well..

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#8534 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 5:38 AM
I find it weird that all of the townies and downtownies don't come with college educations, so I just fix them with the batbox. I even get to choose their major that way, so I can make sure they are able to get their dream job with my majors/careers hack installed!
Top Secret Researcher
#8535 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 6:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
I find it weird that all of the townies and downtownies don't come with college educations, so I just fix them with the batbox. I even get to choose their major that way, so I can make sure they are able to get their dream job with my majors/careers hack installed!

What is your majors/careers hack?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Instructor
#8536 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 11:28 PM
I wish there was something I could place on community lots that would force the town's NPC to spawn there when visited. Like how the cash register spawns the cashier, and the podium the human statue? I'd like if I could make certain lots attract different NPCs - the animal trainer on a pet-oriented lot, the mascot on a college lot, etc.
Scholar
#8537 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 9:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grinevilly
@lientebollemeis said:

I thought you meant a guy with the Witch Doctor mask from BV, who sold little tiny souvenir heads. Now THAT'S something I'd want! Maybe some cannibal chance cards for Twiikii Island excursions gone wrong!

♫ Oo Ee Oo Ah Ah!
♪ Ting - Tang ♪
Walla Walla Bing-Bang! ♫

>=)

Thanks! Now I have that song in my head for the rest of the day... :D

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Mad Poster
#8538 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 9:29 AM
Have an option to watch videos on the computers, and even have different channels. Mean, lazy, or playful sims might like, for example, LeafyIsHere videos. They might even find THEMSELVES the target of a LeafyIsHere video and get a bad memory from it. Or even a good memory if they are exceptionally grouchy and playful and outgoing. There might even be an option to 'roast Leafy' and get a good memory from a success or bad memory from failure.
Mad Poster
#8539 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 2:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
What is your majors/careers hack?

Syberspunks unicareershack from MATY. It's pretty much entirely customizable, although I just use the defaults.
Inventor
#8540 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 3:25 PM
I already have a mod that stops sims from cuddling in bed when they first wake up, but I would like to see a mod where sims don't cuddle in bed as they sleep, like how one gets in bed after the other and moves closer to them before going to sleep.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#8541 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 4:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Primavera
I already have a mod that stops sims from cuddling in bed when they first wake up, but I would like to see a mod where sims don't cuddle in bed as they sleep, like how one gets in bed after the other and moves closer to them before going to sleep.

Blasphemy! That's the cutest thing ever. XD
Mad Poster
#8542 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 10:00 PM
A fix for the broken Gypsy NPC. And pretty much any other broken NPCs.
Mad Poster
#8543 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 10:28 PM
A hack that lets hotels on vacation work like apartment sub-lots, so you can have multiple playable households stay at the same hotel.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Scholar
#8544 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 3:10 PM
Something like Moo's turn on/off all lights but for deleting them.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Alchemist
#8545 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 9:12 PM
sims be able to have pianos that could "play" themselves. I take called "player pianos".
maybe also equivalents of the other instruments.
Forum Resident
#8546 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 11:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
sims be able to have pianos that could "play" themselves. I take called "player pianos".
maybe also equivalents of the other instruments.

OOOOh!! Especially if it was an old up-right Rag Time-y player piano! That'd be great for my Wild West Vacation hood's saloon, that i haven't made yet...

>=)
Instructor
#8547 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 12:51 AM
A per-lot version of Perfect Plants, perhaps as a hacked object. There are lots which I want to do luxurious landscaping, but can't because of all the watering and trimming it would take (or constantly having to re-buy plants), but there are also lots where I want my Sims to have to garden. A hacked object that could allow me to choose whether I want to have to garden or not would be great for that.

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Mad Poster
#8548 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 3:12 AM
@Yvelotic2001 You can get 'plastic' or no-care flowers and shrubs. Alternately I think SimSlice has a magic hedge trimmer and other stuff like that.

Top Secret Researcher
#8549 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 11:19 AM
I'd love to see something so landlords don't come over every day. Maybe every week, but as it is now it's really annoying me

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Mad Poster
#8550 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 1:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
I'd love to see something so landlords don't come over every day. Maybe every week, but as it is now it's really annoying me

Yeah, just come over for the Sunday party and tend to anything that needs tending to at the same time. Sims can call if they need a repair or assistance. Except maybe in Autumn, when the bloody leaves do need to be swept up daily. XD
Page 342 of 580