Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Apr 2011 at 11:36 PM
Default I believe there is something terribly wrong in my town...
Something I've noticed, and its kind of disturbing...
I've had 2 big generations of sims in this town.
around 4 families which I use and a lot more which I never use.
now, for these 2 generations, there hasnt been a single girl born. every child that was born was always a male, everytime! even for the families which I rarely used, I just checked and all of them were always dudes, my town is now running low on girls...its almost as a gay version of the village of the damned! I've decided that there was something wrong when I started playing with this current family...the father is the offspring of the 1st generation and the mother was created as a toddler.
the father is a single child, he never had any brothers, but the mother has a brother (Which was born during gameplay, I didnt created him in CAS) now, the mother (called claire, lets call her claire from now on) had her first child: a boy...ok so I get claire pregnant again this time with fertility treatment because I wanted girl twins, but a 2nd baby boy is born! so I get her pregnant again, and now 2 baby boy twins were born!

then I checked on the other families, the ones which I rarely used, the last time I played with them I had make them try for babies, and all of the female sims were pregnant.
now the child were born, and they were all boys over 7 boys born! and in total, for all the generations, there has been like 20 boys born and not a single girl!

seriously, I think something is really wrong, or, like I said
(but gay)
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 12:10 AM
Actually, my daughter was playing the other day, she wanted a girl after her sim had a boy. So we fed her up on purely just watermelon and she had a boy.....

It's apart of the long lists of bugs I have though- try removing all CC and mods

Official Foundation Challange Contestant. R1-R2-R3-R4

BLOGGER A Random Legacy - Vasher
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 12:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kaylarox
Actually, my daughter was playing the other day, she wanted a girl after her sim had a boy. So we fed her up on purely just watermelon and she had a boy.....

It's apart of the long lists of bugs I have though- try removing all CC and mods

watermelon makes girls???!!!

and I barely have CC
im just gonna keep on trying with claire...if its not a girl i'll just load the game and hope for a girl...if after 4 more tries there is no girl I will be convinced that this is actually a bug
Forum Resident
#4 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 1:35 AM
Well actually, I think it is a bug also but make up a mock game, remove all cc and mods and see what happens (you don't need to delete anything)

You know, just for interests sake.

Lab Assistant
#5 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 2:10 AM
I so don't want this glitch.

Ya know, master controller by Twallan has an option to select the gender of the baby, so if this continues on other savefiles, I would suggest using that.
Inventor
#6 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 2:35 AM

Hmm, okay so the watermelon thing isn't working for you anymore either?

Usually I go out of my way to avoid interfering with that because I want it completely random but the one time it matters to me, she eats nothing but watermelon for her entire pregnancy and then comes the baby and it is a boy.

I haven't gotten around to checking mods yet but now I'm curious if I even need to. Maybe they just broke that feature in a patch?

To the OP: it's really not that unusual that they are all having boys. I used to get long streaks like that in TS2 and then it would eventually even out. But as suggested, try playing without any mods or cc and if that doesn't work, try using Twallan's mod that lets you choose so you can force some girls into the town.

kittens!
Test Subject
#7 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 9:15 AM
I also have mass number of boys born in the active families I play. Only few days ago I had my first girl and I was so happy I could finally choose outfits for a girl! Finally.

But the culprit in my game was this: According to the tip, eating apples gives boys. In Sim world, that's like drinking water gives boys. Apple is one of the basic fruits my active families always grow and eat, apple pancakes, apple cobbler... Cheap, easy to find, first one to grow...
Now I'm stocking watermelons in pregnant Sims' fridge. So perhaps check your Sim's fridge, maybe she ate one watermelon and then went off to stuff herself with apple cobbler.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#8 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 9:35 AM
Eating watermelon and apples does not bestow a 100% chance to get either gender. It merely skews it to a maximum additional 15% chance either way, 5% each time. So if you eat three apples, you have a 65% chance of getting a boy, and a 35% chance of getting a girl.

With a patched game, stuff using apple/watermelon ingredients no longer bestows the gender skew - you have to eat just pieces of apple or watermelon, not apple pancakes or whatever.

And it's entirely possible it's just chance. Heck, this kind of thing happens in real life too. In my real life family, in the past 20 years there have been 10 boys born and only one girl.

If you think there is something truly wrong with your game, then you need to go through this: Game Help:Sims 3 Game Problemwiki
Test Subject
#9 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 9:43 AM
Perhaps they read that with humans, more males are born but females live longer, and then went wild with percentages?
Inventor
#10 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 11:17 AM
*LOL* My Adoptive Uncle got 7 girls trying for a boy. When it was time for #8 my Aunt suggested that a Son in Law would still be a son. The only boy in that family came from first cousin incest.
(Personally I always thought they were just showing off cause I was adopted, at least thats how I stay sane.)
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#11 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 12:35 PM
Or perhaps it is indeed the case that the delopers are more into boys and they camouflaged this by adding all those pretty clothes and hairstyles for girls to distract from the fact that they don't like girls that much, and children less so. I mean, think about it, apples are the lowest category of fruit, and it grows almost everywhere in SV, you do not even need any gardening skills to plant it, and if you plant one apple tree you'll have supplies for at least a dozen baby boys. Watermelons, on the other hand, are an uncommon fruit, can rarely be found in the wild and if you plant one it requires a gardening skill of 5 and has one of the worst yield rates (sometimes only one fruit per harvest). I.e. the obstacles put in your way for having a baby girl are much higher than for boys
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 12:38 PM
Maybe EA knows that most people want to make little girls so it's their sly way of making sure it's balanced

Apple/watermelon trick seems to always work for me though. Patched up game and no CC.

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#13 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 1:01 PM
Hm, looking at the breast and muscle sliders, I'd rather think that they are strangely unaware of the female physique and women in general but quite well informed when it comes to six-packs
Inventor
#14 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 1:57 PM
If all else fails can't you do adoption in some of the other families and select girls?

The Simmer formerly known as Greenlea
Forum Resident
#15 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 3:40 PM
I remember that the last family I played, the Sim couple had six children - 5 girls and 1 boy. Every time she got pregnant, the mother would roll wants for boys and the father would roll wants for girls. I finally had to add the boy via adoption. So, yeah, I think it's just really random.

[you say you believe me but you don't deceive me]
Theorist
#16 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 4:29 PM
LOL I remember when my hubby and I got Ambitions and he started playing in Twinbrook. He always does the same thing with every new town. He creates his single male sim and sets out to marry an NPC/townie sim in town. He got him married and started having kids. He ended up having 5 boys before his wife died. Then he remarried another sim and had 2 more boys with her before she died of old age. My husband aged up the 5 older boys and moved them out. Then he had his sim remarry again. This time his wife ended up with 4 boys before he died of old age. That's Gen 1.

In Gen 2, my hubby moved to this first born son to start playing him. In essence his "legacy" heir but my husband doesn't play legacies. Anyway, he eventually got him married and they had kids and guess what... 6 boys!! That elder son died off of old age.

Gen 3 saw the oldest son of Gen 2 Jr married with 4 boys before his wife died of old age. He remarried, had 3 boys before he died of old age.

Gen 4 saw the oldest son of Gen 3 Jr married and they had 5 boys too before the wife died of old age. He remarried and had 2 girls finally.

My husband's game has the NoMosaic Mod only. He doesn't use CC at all. He also always buys the fertility LTR as soon as he has the points. At first he did the watermelon/apple thing but he always got boys!!! His Twinbrook was populated with all his family simmies that everywhere he looked he encountered his simmies progeny and was starting to run out of townies/NPC's. I thought it was funny. That's as far as he got with Twinbrook because when LN came out, he started playing in Bridgeport which is his fave world. He has 10 gens there I think.

Sorry for the long post.
Forum Resident
#17 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 5:18 AM
So did we do the no CC test???? I am interested now....

I am off to do some testing when I can be bothered....
Final Fantasy is stealing my heart atm :P

Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 23rd Apr 2011 at 3:26 PM
So did we do the no CC test???? I am interested now....

I am off to do some testing when I can be bothered....
Final Fantasy is stealing my heart atm :P

well I Didnt precisely tried the no cc, I tried the watermelon thing and my sims are now proud parents of 2 twin baby girls n.n too bad there are other 4 kids in the house...now they are going crazy.
but, 2 hours later after they were born (real life hours) my PC died, so I'll have to wait to get a new one :/ fortunately I had the chance to save the data.

btw, kind of off topic but which final fantasy?
Instructor
#19 Old 23rd Apr 2011 at 3:38 PM
I think it happens in my game too, but it is not the first time and it's not so bad, because my Sim, Faye, gave birth to 8 children and only two of them are girls (twin girls).The others are all boys ...
Maybe I'll try eating watermelon, because I really want some more daughters ...