Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#6151 Old 2nd Jan 2017 at 5:44 PM
Could someone explain exactly how to get spawners to become placeable? I attempted it yesterday and couldn't find anything, but I'm not sure where I'm supposed to be looking for them. (There are not enough fishing spots.)
Advertisement
Site Helper
#6152 Old 2nd Jan 2017 at 6:18 PM
If you are looking to place spawners in game onto a lot:

Testingcheatsenabled true
Buydebug on
Then go to Buy mode and sort by function (where all the lights are together, the appliances are together, etc.)
There will be a new tab with a question mark.
Fishing spawners are in their own tab on that menu.

Then you may want to use Buydebug off and Testingcheatsenabled false (in that order) to turn the cheats back off.

I have no idea where to look in CAW, but you can place a lot in CAW and add the spawners from within the game.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Alchemist
#6153 Old 2nd Jan 2017 at 6:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG
Could someone explain exactly how to get spawners to become placeable? I attempted it yesterday and couldn't find anything, but I'm not sure where I'm supposed to be looking for them. (There are not enough fishing spots.)

You can find all the spawners from the Buydebug menu.

Ah, ninjad. :D
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#6154 Old 3rd Jan 2017 at 8:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
What's the best/fastest way to make a lot of money? I have Seasons, Ambitions and IP installed.
I know that Seasons makes it easier by having some really expensive flowers spawn, but I was more looking for things that can be done in-house. I saw that sculpting is pretty neat, as long as you have some funds to actually buy the material you make sculptures out of. Same with painting, but I tend to focus on making only small paintings, until the Brushmaster (or whatever) skill challenge is done - the small ones tend to not give a whole lot, even on higher skill levels.
Pick up painting and/or sculpting and/or photography and: be dead. Artworks, even bad ones, by dead artists are worth much much more than those by living artists. You just have to wait for one day until you sell them because the disproportionate increase in value starts at midnight after the artworks are finished.
Scholar
#6155 Old 3rd Jan 2017 at 11:49 AM
Recall, I had the question on whether Photography would even work considering I didn't have WA or so installed. So, dunno if that would work.

Other question: if I do a 100 Baby challenge, would it just be better to have Generations installed? I mean, it does add bunk beds (I got one off the store for non-Gen use, but it seems to be a bad bed, cause it gives the bad moodlet at times - uneblieveable, given that it costs 800§ in-game!) and some clothes I like, but some of the other features seem not worth it... It DOES add the Inheritance LTR, which really helps with money at times, but that might be too cheaty. (I did buy the Teleportation Pad and then sold it for 15.000§)
Site Helper
#6156 Old 3rd Jan 2017 at 3:20 PM
Generations also adds more stuff for bored kids to do.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Lab Assistant
#6157 Old 3rd Jan 2017 at 4:12 PM
All bunk beds have the bad moodlet/low energy gain. Seems like an oversight by the developers tbh, but as it stands there's no reason other than aesthetics to buy the more expensive ones.
Field Researcher
#6158 Old 3rd Jan 2017 at 5:58 PM Last edited by LeeAlee : 5th Jan 2017 at 10:47 AM.
Sweetdevil has a "Less Crappy Bunk Beds" mod on her tumblr/Simblr (5th post down). Loads of other good stuffs there too.

https://sweetdevil-sims.tumblr.com/

ETA: The mod mentioned above is dated Tuesday, December 27, 2016. New posts were added since so you'll need to go to the next page(s). New stuff...YAY!
Top Secret Researcher
#6159 Old 3rd Jan 2017 at 7:51 PM
That's it - I remembered testingcheats enabled, forgot buydebug. Thanks!
Test Subject
#6160 Old 3rd Jan 2017 at 7:57 PM
Well, probably a stupid question indeed, but it seems that some of my sims 3 packs are getting uninstalled over time. I used to have this problem when I had a lot of CC in my game. Now that I have sorted everything and am ready to load all that stuff in my game again, i am worried that this problem will return. Was it fixed by a patch? Or was it because of low specs of my old PC? Any thoughts?

My Simblr - Sims 3 builds and occasionally some other Sims 3 stuff
#6161 Old 3rd Jan 2017 at 10:57 PM
Playing in the Island Adventures world and found some undiscovered islands, but it won't let me convert them to different lot types. I want to build parks and fishing holes but the only options are resorts and houses. How do I change this?
Field Researcher
#6162 Old 4th Jan 2017 at 12:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlackjackGabbiani
Playing in the Island Adventures world and found some undiscovered islands, but it won't let me convert them to different lot types. I want to build parks and fishing holes but the only options are resorts and houses. How do I change this?

You can have your sim sell the islands if you check their real estate, and then you can convert them in edit town. I think afterwards you can buy them back with real estate on the computer or phone as fishing spots, parks, etc.
#6163 Old 4th Jan 2017 at 3:58 AM
Oh neat, I'll do that! Thanks!
Site Helper
#6164 Old 4th Jan 2017 at 2:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimmerHilda
Well, probably a stupid question indeed, but it seems that some of my sims 3 packs are getting uninstalled over time. I used to have this problem when I had a lot of CC in my game. Now that I have sorted everything and am ready to load all that stuff in my game again, I am worried that this problem will return. Was it fixed by a patch? Or was it because of low specs of my old PC? Any thoughts?

IIRC it's caused by having too many Sims3packs installed and the game doesn't continue switching from dbc0 to dbc1, 2, 3, etc. System specs appear to have a lot to do with it, but the easiest fix if it starts happening again is to get Delphy's Multi-extractor and extract most of the sims3packs as package files. Then drop them into your Mods folder. Certain ones, like patterns, (sims?) and worlds, should be left as a sims3pack. The rest can be extracted. And, as a side effect, it's a lot easier to uninstall them or do a binary search through them to find one that's causing issues.

Scholar
#6165 Old 4th Jan 2017 at 3:24 PM
A mix of dumb question and WCIF: is there a mod that removes the React To Noisy Sim thing? It's really starting to bug me - yes, one of the toddlers is crying. No, I do not need SIX sims to appear and stare at the crying toddler and complain that they are crying at 3 AM. It's not my fault it takes the older sims TWO IN-GAME HOURS to put the damn toddlers to bed. (Even if I pause the game for a few minutes to let it load and lessen the time to change outfits, they still tend to take about 30~40 minutes to put the kid into the crib)

PS: I hate Light Sleepers.
Test Subject
#6166 Old 4th Jan 2017 at 10:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
A mix of dumb question and WCIF: is there a mod that removes the React To Noisy Sim thing? It's really starting to bug me - yes, one of the toddlers is crying. No, I do not need SIX sims to appear and stare at the crying toddler and complain that they are crying at 3 AM. It's not my fault it takes the older sims TWO IN-GAME HOURS to put the damn toddlers to bed. (Even if I pause the game for a few minutes to let it load and lessen the time to change outfits, they still tend to take about 30~40 minutes to put the kid into the crib)

PS: I hate Light Sleepers.

Nraas Retuner mod may have it. I know I use it to remove the reactions to Simbots, ghosts, and sims giving birth. I don't have the game open to check, but if you decide to give it a try (or if you already have it), look under Nraas -> Retuner -> by object -> Sim (2nd instance) -> then look down the list for something like "noisy sim" and uncheck "allow autonomous".

Maybe someone else knows for sure if it's in there somewhere.
Scholar
#6167 Old 5th Jan 2017 at 1:01 AM
I'll grab that next time.

Exactly how stupid are Sims? I always knew they were a little... too overeager when there was a pool on the home lot, often jumping in despite fatigue and needing Overlord-Hand rescue to avoid drowning. But my household seems extra dumb. I give them a TV and couch to watch stuff, to get their Fun up after school - they never use it. Not even the kid with the Couch Potato trait that love to sit and watch TV. They have TWO fridges, to avoid the large household to congest in front of one of them - yet most of them decide to just stand around, complaining about being hungry and getting hungrier, rather than grab a quick meal.
And that's with high autonomy...
Top Secret Researcher
#6168 Old 8th Jan 2017 at 5:09 AM
If you use a WA register on a lot that doesn't have closing hours (hangout, market...) will the sim assigned to the register be able to take care of his/her needs? If not, is there a work around, other than firing him/her before they die?

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
#6169 Old 8th Jan 2017 at 5:15 AM
I thought that a sim couldn't get pregnant if their house was full. But one of mine just got knocked up via alien.
Field Researcher
#6170 Old 8th Jan 2017 at 6:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by attuned
If you use a WA register on a lot that doesn't have closing hours (hangout, market...) will the sim assigned to the register be able to take care of his/her needs? If not, is there a work around, other than firing him/her before they die?

The role Sims who work the registers should have their needs locked so they don't starve to death or pass out from lack of sleep. Most of the time, there's nothing the player needs to do with those Sims to make them more comfortable.

Personally, I hate to see someone manning a register 24/7 so I use bluegenjutsu's Merchant Hours Adjustment mod to shorten their work hours. If you might be interested in the mod, it's hosted on TFM's Asylum (free registration required to view and download):
http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...or-seasons-eps/
#6171 Old 8th Jan 2017 at 9:05 AM
Like LeeAlee said, their needs should be static and locked at 100 each. If you see a role Sim with need problems then this means that the link between the Sim and their role object is broken.

Most often this is caused by the Sim getting reset while they hold the role (this includes going into Build/Buy mode in Edit Town or using the Reset Lot or Reset Everything commands in MasterController). Another reason is actually when you use a WA register on a lot with closing hours (the reverse situation that you describe). The register is supposed to be manned 24/7 but when the venue closes the Sim is sent home, only to return immediately afterwards with broken needs. It is generally a good idea to not use 24/7 role objects on lots with closing times (all WA registers, the barista counter, the comic book register, the elixir consignment register).

To fix this you can either sell the register (only possible when the Sim is not present anymore, i.e. by entering the lot in Edit Town), but this will spawn a new role Sim, or use a combination of Register and DebugEnabler: Remove the Sim from the role with Register, reset the register with DebugEnabler (Object.../Reset), reassign the Sim with Register. You can do all this while the game is paused.
Scholar
#6172 Old 9th Jan 2017 at 7:01 PM
I've had it happen with Register that a Homeless Sim I assigned as, say, Festival Worker stops being assigned when the season changes. Weird, mostly cause I am sure they haven't aged up or died.
#6173 Old 9th Jan 2017 at 9:19 PM
They always change when the season changes, that's normal.
Scholar
#6174 Old 9th Jan 2017 at 9:24 PM
Weird. I don't recall that happening before... Huh.
#6175 Old 9th Jan 2017 at 10:59 PM
Maybe the game always only had the previous one available for the next role. The concession stands are different objects with regard to roles, so once the spring one is replaced by the summer stand the role gets assigned to a summer merchant, which may or may not be the Sim chosen for spring.
Besides, between each season there is one day with no festival and therefore no concession stands. Hence during that day there is no roles object present and all previous merchants drop their roles.
Page 247 of 385