Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jan 2007 at 10:41 PM Last edited by Delphy : 6th Jan 2007 at 10:26 AM.
Default Fileserver split
Hi All,

Apologies for the extended downtime today, but since the situation with the downloads lately has been so dire, I decided to implement the split-fileserver plan I've had in the works for some time.

You may recall that when we introduced the MTS2 Supporter/Donator schemes a while back, one of the perks for monthly subscribers was to be a special fileserver only for them. I have now implemented this functionality, so you will see changed links for downloading files and (should) hopefully give you better downloads.

This is available to members of the 3 donation groups, as well as the Featured Creators and MooMoo award winners (and staff, obviously )

Since this uses authentication to verify you are in the correct usergroup:

if you find download links do not work you must log out and then log back in again for the cookies to get set correctly.

Update:

I've updated the error pages to give you a better idea of whats happening. Those of you getting 404 errors please paste the exact URL that gives a 404.

Those of you who get "not authorised" must log out and log back in!. It will not work until you do so.

Those of you who where getting redirected to login.php, check you aren't blocking cookies from "special.modthesims2.com". This wont happen now though as I put up a new error page.

Thanks for all your support and I hope you have a good day.

Regards
Delphy

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
2 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 5th Jan 2007 at 10:45 PM
Yippee! Just in time for my donation to start back up.

Edit: Hrm, I did log out and then back in and I still get an "Unauthorized" message when I try to download.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
#3 Old 5th Jan 2007 at 10:47 PM Last edited by AbstractSIMmer187 : 6th Jan 2007 at 11:26 AM.
Awww thankies Delphy, woot i just love all these updates, you really are a blessing

Yup it also works for me but it seems to run a bit slow.

AbstractSIMmer187 Has Retired From Sims 2 Creating
All Of My Creations Are Found Here
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 5th Jan 2007 at 10:49 PM
I tried logging out and then logging back in, but the download links still do not work for me. Should I try again?

Mods rock my sox.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Jan 2007 at 10:59 PM
Oops, forgot to upload the file with the donation usergroups in it - try again and it should work ok.

Instructor
#6 Old 5th Jan 2007 at 11:07 PM
Silly Delphy :P

Being a MooMoo/Featured gets a real perk! Woo!

Want more? Visit Digital Perversion
I'm not gonna do it, and you can't make me!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Jan 2007 at 11:14 PM
Okay the servers seem to be behaving so I'm off to bed - my fingers hurt. Let me know about performance and any issues and I'll take a look tommorow.

Regards
Delphy

Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#8 Old 5th Jan 2007 at 11:17 PM
liegenschonheit,
Fancier profile pages and our undying adoration isn't a real perk? *cries*

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Instructor
#9 Old 5th Jan 2007 at 11:18 PM
Very true, those are nice perks as well. I forgot about the fancier profiles because I rarely use mine >.<

Want more? Visit Digital Perversion
I'm not gonna do it, and you can't make me!
Field Researcher
#10 Old 5th Jan 2007 at 11:30 PM
I've logged out and back in - but the site's still telling me I'm not authorised when I click to try to download a rar or zip file. Oh well, will try again tomorrow.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#11 Old 5th Jan 2007 at 11:40 PM
Okay sorry jen, the cookies for featured/moomoo weren't being set properly (damn fingers!)... you'll have to logout and back in again, sorry...

Supreme Social Simmer
#12 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 12:03 AM
I just logged out and in twice and it still says I'm not authorized to DL, but no worries, I'll try again later. Keep up the great work Delphy.
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#13 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 12:38 AM Last edited by daysies : 7th Jan 2007 at 4:49 AM. Reason: added some info
Quote: Originally posted by kwillag
I just logged out and in twice and it still says I'm not authorized to DL, but no worries, I'll try again later. Keep up the great work Delphy.

ROFL! i got that same message, too! and i'm staff! log out, close MTS2, open MTS2 in another window, log back in, try to download something... if you get that message again, just refresh the window that gives you the "not authorized message"! i just did all that, in that order, and i was able to download.

DDO
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 12:45 AM
Hmm. I had the same problem. Refresh did work (thanks Daysies!), but downloads are taking me quite a while... which kind of defeats the purpose of the split. lol

Not really a big deal to me, right now. I'd really like to see poor Delphy get some sleep and rest his fingers!

Seriously.
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 1:09 AM
Thanks Delphy!!

I must be of the lucky ones i never had any problems downloading whatsoever.Even in rough times i can get files they just kick off slower than usually.

You will find my older and newest creations here
Miss Bona Fiscalia
#16 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 1:17 AM
LOL ok. I read what daysies said to do and I must say I felt like I was in dance class. Sing in, click link, refresh, sign out. Open a new window..sign in, click link, refresh, sign out. (Yes, I'm easily amused.) I did that about 6 or 7 times. Actually, I don't even get the error you guys are getting. Everything is the same. No biggie, though Just wanted to let you guys know. And, Delphy...awesome! Thanks :D

"Morning, Starbuck, what do you hear?"
"Nothin' but the rain."

Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#17 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 1:21 AM
Until recently I would have said the same, that I always could get downloads... but I recently tried to download many times and either couldn't get through or then the files arrived incomplete (thus corrupt and wouldn't unrar) I'll take a bit 'slow' over that any day. I can be patient for my downloads, as long as they arrive intact Of course we're continuing to work towards improving the servers, but an additional server is no small investment, although it might be what's needed. We're already at something like 7 machines to keep the site running.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Field Researcher
#18 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 1:21 AM
I've logged out, back in.. logged out & manually cleared cookies before logging back in.. closed and restarted browser.. and I'm still getting 404 Not Found every time I try to download something.

It may make my search for a job just a bit more urgent if I can't download here anymore.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 1:26 AM
Same here: Logged out, closed the window, opened a new one, logged back in and hit Refresh, but the downloads still say "404: File Not Found".

Oh well, that's no biggie... I'll just wait patiently until it can be fixed and I'll check it later. :D

<('_'<) <('_')> (>'_')>
Field Researcher
#20 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 3:35 AM
It works for me, but a bit slow...

Worship4Ever0227 ~ Visit My Site! SimSafe2.com
Please Check Out The Prayer Room.
Forum Resident
#21 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 4:49 AM Last edited by Makai : 6th Jan 2007 at 11:30 PM. Reason: Forgot to say Thank you!
I can't download any file either. It tells me that I am not allowed or authorized to download from this site.

I was afraid it was something I did.

Love the site and will continue to support it.

Makai

PS THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU......

Live Well
Laugh Often
Love Much

"If you don't live for something...You'll die for nothing.."
Test Subject
#22 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 5:49 AM
Hey...I just became a monthly supporter. Love this site and thought it was time I showed my support in ways other than just downloading like crazy. However, after reading all of the comments I am afraid to log out and log back in, but here goes.
Thanks Delphy to you and others who have provided us with wonderful creations and game help.
Scholar
#23 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 6:09 AM
I did what daysies said to do and it worked fine for me as a matter of fact I noticed the download seemed to go a lot faster.

CC4Sims
Love will humiliate you and hate will cradle you.
Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits.
Instructor
#24 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 7:34 AM
Thanks for taking the time to impliment this system Delphy! We appreciate it! :D

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Lao-tzu

Sorry, I don't take requests.

My building tutorial: Link
Test Subject
#25 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 8:23 AM
I don't know if this problem relates to the newest change, one of the previous changes, or none of the above.

Previously (as in, before tonight) I would go to the downloads page, click on the "see all downloads" link at the bottom, and I'd actually see all downloads.

Tonight, when I click on "see all downloads" I am still shown ONLY the downloads from the past two weeks. The see all downloads link does nothing except clear whatever I've put into the filter on the left.

I tried logging out and back in, using a new browser window, clearing my browser cache, and redoing all of the above. I also tried it with various filter options checked. Still shows only the things from the past two weeks.

Am I missing something, or is this a glitch, or is it simply no longer possible to truly see ALL available downloads?
Page 1 of 4