Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#401 Old 24th May 2012 at 6:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by heaven
I think that my favorite, right now anyway, is Storybrook County by MySimsRealty. It has everything up to showtime and has a quaint downtown, city, and rural area allowing me to play different sims and venues all in one world.

I didn't see any SHT lots in Storybrook, but I do agree that it is a great world to play.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#402 Old 24th May 2012 at 5:02 PM
/wavetomystalker hi hi

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Theorist
#403 Old 28th May 2012 at 2:04 PM
For those who like Grey Meadows by Quailhogs, he just updated it for Showtime and posted it on the Exchange today.

SimRealtor has Showtime lots made for Storybrook county on her website - but unfortunately the site is down atm because they are updating it.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Field Researcher
#404 Old 28th May 2012 at 6:26 PM Last edited by kiatyn : 29th May 2012 at 12:53 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by tangie0906
For those who like Grey Meadows by Quailhogs, he just updated it for Showtime and posted it on the Exchange today.

SimRealtor has Showtime lots made for Storybrook county on her website - but unfortunately the site is down atm because they are updating it.

Now this is what I was waiting for. Grey Meadows is one of my favorites! Thanks for the note.

here's the link: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/249858.page
Theorist
#405 Old 29th May 2012 at 4:53 AM
^ You're welcome and I was just going to post a link but you beat me to it.

Quote: Originally posted by SommarBlomma
I've checked Nilxis's blog again, his new world, Plav Raj, is ready for download, and has already found its place in my game and my list of favourite worlds. It is a picturesque Mediterranean town with suburban areas attached. Highly detailed, accurate, unique, realistic, and easily playable. Looks like I'm becoming a big fan of that guy.

OMG! After reading your post I happened to notice this thread over at the Sims 3 forum: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/539503.page

Now generally I avoid CC unless it's my idea. And I get CC ideas all the time. But after seeing the screenshots and giving it some thought I decided to download. I am so glad I did! It's one of the most beautiful worlds I have ever seen!

I had my couple visit there using Twallan's Traveller mod; I'm not sure I'd want to try to play a continous game there but boy oh boy my sims are going to love going here on vacay. :lovestruc

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#406 Old 30th May 2012 at 12:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zigersimmer
I didn't see any SHT lots in Storybrook, but I do agree that it is a great world to play.

Ohh, you're right! She created separate lots for specific placement that she made just for Storybrook. And then I added a few of my own. Whoopsies, my mistake.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Field Researcher
#407 Old 2nd Jun 2012 at 7:44 PM
If anyone is interested, I'm trying to start a community project for creating a post-apocalyptic themed world (the link is in my signature), as I have yet to find a good or completed one.
Instructor
#408 Old 2nd Jun 2012 at 11:35 PM
A post-apocalyptic themed world would be awesome, I love stuff like that.

Right now I really love Setra, but my laptop doesn't run it well so I just look at it in screenshots instead of playing it and feel sorry for myself. :P
But right now I'm actually playing Hammond Island by TVRdesigns. It loads pretty fast and is really nice, it's my favorite. The "Aaaarrr-land" world is cool too.
Test Subject
#409 Old 3rd Jun 2012 at 5:08 AM
I absolutely love Sunset Valley second edition.

Just installed the new world Wuhus, really looking forward to filling it with my own lots. The layout of the roads and trees is very neat, and the sidewalk next to the river is pretty.
Top Secret Researcher
#410 Old 6th Jun 2012 at 9:25 PM
Just installed St.Claire. From the pictures I didn't think much but it really is a great world with a lot of detail. Runs perfectly for me too, no lag at all.

It's funny because I was looking for the farm like house for the sim that has a horse and thought wtf? Where the hell is it.
Took a long time before I realised that those houses in the distance, yea that's a playable island. Pft....

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Theorist
#411 Old 6th Jun 2012 at 9:37 PM
I just installed St. Claire also and the surprising thing is, I don't have PETS or SHT.. I only have up to GEN and it works well for me. At first I had the installed game and tried to run that and for the first time in my history of playing Sims 3, my game CRASHED!!! So, took out the saved game, started a new game with St. Claire and voila.. no problems I'm loving it so far.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Lab Assistant
#412 Old 7th Jun 2012 at 8:27 PM Last edited by silverwolf_6677 : 7th Jun 2012 at 8:30 PM. Reason: spell check.
Can anyone tell me whether Los Aniegos is flagged as a city (like Bridgeport) or a regular town? I just wanted to make sure before I downloaded it
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#413 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 12:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by High Plains Gamer
In fact, there seem to be only two explanations for a creator not including sims in his world: (1) incompetence, and/or (2) laziness. Neither is a particularly good sign.

Or perhaps (3) They don't want a populated world because they like to play the same world several times with different sims.

I find your post very rude, because there are a lot of custom empty worlds out there that are empty by choice, and are well beta tested.

Anyway, I haven't had the chance to test any of your worlds yet- perhaps you could link me to some?
Field Researcher
#414 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 1:07 PM
Considering I'm only using the Base Game, there really isn't many worlds that I can use. I was going to give Elba Village (4.0) from MSR a try though.

Speaking of BG only Worlds, anyone here have some recommendations for me?
Lab Assistant
#415 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 1:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DuskTrooper
Considering I'm only using the Base Game, there really isn't many worlds that I can use. I was going to give Elba Village (4.0) from MSR a try though.

Speaking of BG only Worlds, anyone here have some recommendations for me?

Try here, they have like 26 base game worlds listed. Hope this helps

http://customsims3.com/forums/forum-54.html
Test Subject
#416 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 4:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Or perhaps (3) They don't want a populated world because they like to play the same world several times with different sims.

I find your post very rude, because there are a lot of custom empty worlds out there that are empty by choice, and are well beta tested.

Anyway, I haven't had the chance to test any of your worlds yet- perhaps you could link me to some?

I like the idea of populating a world myself.
Test Subject
#417 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 5:06 PM
I like Isle of Sims by Rflong, but It was not available anymore last time I chek. It´s mid sized tropical Island with 3 huge lots in great positions.
Mad Poster
#418 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 10:31 PM
Glen. Da. Motherfucking. Lough. I cannot take my eyes off of this shit. The nerdy little giggles and snickers I make when I see literary references that I know . . . ahahahaha. *snort*

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Alchemist
#419 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 10:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by brokendeity
I like the idea of populating a world myself.

I've been reading too much twitter-smartass stuff. I would like to populate a world myself, too. Unfortunately, I am of the wrong gender. Do not blame me. It's all twitter's fault, after all. Simsample, nah, don't! (useless post is useless - removal danger)
Alchemist
#420 Old 9th Jun 2012 at 3:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DigitalSympathies
Glen. Da. ...
and all the rest of it, yeah. Sooo, now that I know how to spell it forever, 'n ever ... I downloaded it. I mean, if you feel THAT strongly about its deliciousness, it deserved a go.
Liking it so far, but I got distracted having my male sim romance a mixologist (what a word. I steer clear of ologists and their stabby things, in general) off her feet.
TLDR: Good World! Thx.
Test Subject
#421 Old 9th Jun 2012 at 7:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by applefeather2
I've been reading too much twitter-smartass stuff. I would like to populate a world myself, too. Unfortunately, I am of the wrong gender. Do not blame me. It's all twitter's fault, after all. Simsample, nah, don't! (useless post is useless - removal danger)

Huh what? What does twitter have to do with sims and custom worlds?

You're required to be a certain gender to populate a world?

...ok so I think what you're refering to real world and not sims... well perhaps you should ask your parents for a lesson about where babies come from. It takes two people of both genders to create a baby.

I was refering to creating sims in CaS and place them on lots from the library to populate a world.
And in the sims world two sims of both genders are also required to create a baby (unless you have a mod).
But you could also adopt a child.

But still nothing to do with twitter...

Back on topic to talk of favourite custom worlds please
Theorist
#422 Old 9th Jun 2012 at 3:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by silverwolf_6677
Can anyone tell me whether Los Aniegos is flagged as a city (like Bridgeport) or a regular town? I just wanted to make sure before I downloaded it

Yes, it is.

Laura's Legacy
Test Subject
#423 Old 12th Jun 2012 at 1:46 AM
Los Aniegos is definitely my favorite. Queenstown is pretty amazing as well.
Top Secret Researcher
#424 Old 12th Jun 2012 at 10:16 AM
Just started playing Big Bear because of the good comment about it in this thread and I really like it. It has a very playable layout and the houses are really good.
Test Subject
#425 Old 2nd Jul 2012 at 3:39 AM
Default Thanks
Quote: Originally posted by SommarBlomma
Here is the direct link to download GF:
www.sendspace.com/file/dk1d90

and the link to the creator's journal (to see the pics, read the description and download)
http://babolatbuiltit.livejournal.com/4586.html

Thanks that really helped me alot
Page 17 of 42