Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Graphic design career

SCREENSHOTS
Downloads 1,447 Thanks  Thanks Favourited 72,326 Views
Picked Upload!   This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
Uploaded: 15th Nov 2008 at 11:59 AM
Updated: 17th Mar 2009 at 3:01 PM - some problems with crashing
IMPORTANT EDIT!
It seems that people who have only the base game, university and nightlife installed are having trouble with this career crashing their game. I'm trying to find a way to fix this, so if anyone has an idea, pm me or something.

This is my first career and my first upload, so if anyone has any issues, please say so and i will try to fix them.
The graphic design career was made how it mostly happens in Croatia, where I'm from, so please don't mind if that's not how you imagined it. Here is a list of the levels:
1. Print Shop Apprentice
Monday - Friday; § 125
"It's not much, but it's a start. You work at the cashier, taking films, cd’s or memory cards and giving back developed photos."

2. Print Shop Worker
Monday - Friday; § 135
"Now you’re approaching the tools of the trade. You work developing photos and enhancing them if necessary. It’s still not much, but at least the pay is better."

3. Print Shop Photographer
Monday - Wednesday, Saturday; § 150
"Ok, being a photographer is pretty clear… right? Well, besides the studio, you also have to work on weddings, so forget your free Saturdays. But then, that’s just inspiration to go further."

4. Independent Designer
Monday - Wednesday, Friday; § 200
"You’re out of the print shop and starting off as a real designer. You can do most of the work at home, but you still have to go to clients presenting them your work and getting new projects."

5. Magazine Editor
Monday - Friday; § 300
"A popular magazine publisher has grown to like your work. Now you work only on the layout of his magazine. It’s not too creative, but you get to throw in your ideas for articles here and there."

6. Design Studio Designer
Monday - Friday; § 500
"Well, now you’re getting somewhere. You managed to get into one of the top Design Studios in town. Now you’re doing all the jobs real designers do – from memos and cd covers to websites and billboards."

7. Design Studio Lead Designer
Monday - Friday; § 1000
"Now you’re the leader of a design group in the studio. The new position brings new responsibilities. You have to make sure everything is made well and on time, alongside your own designer duties."

8. Design Studio Art Director
Monday - Thursday; § 1500
"As the art director, you do the same things as the lead designer, only for the entire studio. After the lead designers check things, you check them again. You also sometimes help designers with ideas and choose the best one to present the clients with (and you’re the one presenting them alongside the designer that worked on the project)."

9. Design Studio Vice President
Monday - Thursday; § 2000
"As the vice president, you’re mostly in charge of the financial part, meetings with the clients, presentations and such. You still do some design jobs on the side, just for the love of it."

10. Design Studio President
Monday - Wednesday; § 3000
"Now you’re officially in charge of the design studio. You do the most important design projects, those which you don’t dare give to anyone else. The rest of your duties include bossing people around and inspiring them to work better."

It has chance cards for all 10 levels (both genders). The reward is included, I made it myself. It is an easel, and feel free to recolor it, just don't post it on any paysites.
The icon itself i choose because it reminds me of the old photoshop logo. It was actually taken from a hand-painted chair.

Additional Credits:
I'd like to thank the creators of SimPE and all the good people that took the time to write the tutorials without which most of us would be lost