Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#51 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 6:14 AM
RadicalWonderWorm,
I had this same problem with the lag, and these are the things that helped me out.
1) Make sure that if you use the Launcher that you delete all the files in the downloads file tab.
2) If you are still lagging or already did that, then use the Multi Extractor Tool and turn your Sim3packs into Package files. I don't do this for lots or Sims that I download though.
3) If you are still lagging, then follow this tutorial from club_crimsyn.
4) If you are still having lag issues, it might be due to the spawn of cars. I would recommend you get the Overwatch mod in order to fix that.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 1:13 AM
I bought an alarm clock and all of sudden it was my new SIMS birthday. She aged from young adult to an elder!

I don't like you well enough to lie to you!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#53 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 4:06 AM
Really Jez? that seems rather strange

Official Foundation Challange Contestant. R1-R2-R3-R4

BLOGGER A Random Legacy - Vasher
Field Researcher
#54 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 5:50 AM
it's a minor one, but my sims keep rolling the want to "move in with (other sim)" when they already live together. i have a couple who live together and have always lived together, no one else shares the house with them, and they've moved into two different houses together, yet they still want to move in with each other.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#55 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 7:13 AM
lol stupid game.

Lab Assistant
#56 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 2:25 AM
What's the deal with the wall speakers? Is everybody having this issue or is it just a few people? My sims can't change the music genre played by the wall speakers, and it feels really silly to have classical music playing in a dance club. Is there ANY work-around at all? Or are my sims stuck listening to the stereo?

This is seriously massively annoying, and yet how pleasant that non-working speakers are my most pressing problem with the game. Yay.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#57 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 3:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coffeebreak
What's the deal with the wall speakers? Is everybody having this issue or is it just a few people? My sims can't change the music genre played by the wall speakers, and it feels really silly to have classical music playing in a dance club. Is there ANY work-around at all? Or are my sims stuck listening to the stereo?

You need to enter the lot in build mode, turn on testing cheats and ctrl-shift click on the speaker to change the music.
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 7:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
You need to enter the lot in build mode, turn on testing cheats and ctrl-shift click on the speaker to change the music.

No, I've tried that and it doesn't work. I always play with testingCheatsenabled true and the only option my sim gets is either "delete" object" or "skip song". Believe it or not, I even wrote down the exact steps required (found in another thread) and very carefully double-checked last night just to be sure. Doesn't work. Shft+click on the ground OR cntrl+shift+click on the ground, "buy here", yadda yadda. Doesn't work. Never has.

However, one thing I did do this morning was download an update for my Microsoft keyboard, maybe that has something to do with it....
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 5th Aug 2011 at 5:16 AM
My sim won't age. I am doing a simple fun challenge and made Patty, Chambers. After a few days of workign hard and her starting to lose weight and meet sims about time I realized when I checked her page she wasn't aging. My other sims seem to be aging. I have aging on in my town. And I have no clue why she is frozen. She is a brand new made sim and I am having fun with her. I wonder if her aging will be back ot normal when I reload the game next time I play.
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 5th Aug 2011 at 5:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by catrlgirl
My sim won't age. I am doing a simple fun challenge and made Patty, Chambers. After a few days of workign hard and her starting to lose weight and meet sims about time I realized when I checked her page she wasn't aging. My other sims seem to be aging. I have aging on in my town. And I have no clue why she is frozen. She is a brand new made sim and I am having fun with her. I wonder if her aging will be back ot normal when I reload the game next time I play.

Have you used a tattoo artist or a dresser with that sim? Those are two things that I know of that have a tendency to bug out your sim's age.
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 5th Aug 2011 at 6:07 AM
I used a dresser I believe.
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 8th Aug 2011 at 6:21 PM
My aging still seems a bit borked. Any idea how to fix this
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#63 Old 12th Aug 2011 at 3:02 AM
Save your sim into the bin and start again?

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#64 Old 12th Aug 2011 at 3:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coffeebreak
No, I've tried that and it doesn't work. I always play with testingCheatsenabled true and the only option my sim gets is either "delete" object" or "skip song".

You have to enter the lot in build or buy mode- it won't work in Live mode.

If it won't work in build/buy then there must be something in your game preventing this, or perhaps that mouse!?
Test Subject
#65 Old 18th Apr 2012 at 1:26 PM
well, despite there were no replies for 8 months...
i have this weird thing with all type of clubs/bars - where ever my sims go to any of them there are some weird sounds - like strings loop playing or whatever. i even switched off the wall speakers to be sure i'm not mistaken.i tried to delete bartender and some other sims and only then the sound was gone. this is so freaking annoying, can anyone please yell me why is this happening?
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 19th Apr 2012 at 2:53 AM
Bridgeport is a laggy sack of crap (in the words of HystericalParoxysm) but other than that, nothing seems to be wrong
Test Subject
#67 Old 23rd Apr 2012 at 2:25 AM
Once one of my sims thumbnails was invisible, and I couldn't use the user interface. This was on a particularly buggy lot I'd been playing for some time, the game would also freeze on processing when trying to move sims in so I could only move them in by shift clicking on them and moving them in that way.

Another glitch I had was when the sims couldn't feed or look after there baby without selecting 'hold' first which was odd.

Then there was the athletic skill bug which I get quite a lot with certain sims where there skill bar goes up incredibly slowly to the point where they could be exercising for like half a sim day, and you could barely notice any progress in the bar.

then there was the boarding school glitch where sims wouldn't come back when they should have, and in some cases the car never arrives though I found a way to get around this by deleting the sim using moveobjects on.

In what I assume is a glitch one of my sims was asked to the prom by his uncle who then asked him to go steady while at the prom which was a bit freaky :P

and then another time my sim child was visiting another child's house after school and there was a baby there and a pop up came up with the baby saying 'I have to leave soon and I think it's about time you did too.' lol, that one was funny.

and quite a few other bugs I'm sure though they're not coming to mind right now I've had a few sadly :P
Page 3 of 3