Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#126 Old 2nd Oct 2009 at 9:10 AM
Default Sliders yes!
I don't want to sound stupid or anything but i was reading all these comments and some of you guys talk about a height slider where can i find this? Again sorry if i sound stupid lolz.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#127 Old 2nd Oct 2009 at 9:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Momodoll
I never tried this mod with the vertical slider, so I don't know how less customability there is or anything, but without it I think they still look lovely

(I forgot to use the in-game camera so they're kinda dark >.<)

Thank you Delphy! these work wonderfully :lovestruc

where did you get your skin tone? it looks really nice!
Test Subject
#128 Old 2nd Oct 2009 at 9:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
sammann: I have absolutely no idea how these sliders affect townies. That might be something to look out for.

Jessica_2020: I already have a bunch of other sliders including pelvis width and girth and also sim height too. Oh and the bobblehead one.

you said you have a height slider where can i find this? i would love to have this one! yes!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#129 Old 2nd Oct 2009 at 9:57 AM
Po: I actually encountered a pretty major problem with the sliders the other day while attempting to figure out the jaw height issues - that is, every time I add an *extra* slider beyond 4, it disables one of the other sliders in the game. So, for example, adding both Vertical Height and a "Null" slider (that does nothing) re-enables Jaw Height but breaks one of the others.

It could be simply that each CAS panel can only support a limited number of sliders, but I'll have to do a set of full tests including bobblehead, pelvis / butt and height sliders today to see what disables what. I couldn't, however, see any obvious links between any of the new sliders, and the jaw ones, so I suspect there is some other trickery behind the scenes.

andrew111: These sliders are installed like every other .package file. It is not the mandate of this thread to help you how to install it.

Timberland: I have not released the height slider yet. It only works for females too (Although I could probably see about linking the FacialBlends for Male/Female to the same BONE file and see what happens)

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#130 Old 2nd Oct 2009 at 1:23 PM
Po: I actually encountered a pretty major problem with the sliders the other day while attempting to figure out the jaw height issues - that is, every time I add an *extra* slider beyond 4, it disables one of the other sliders in the game. So, for example, adding both Vertical Height and a "Null" slider (that does nothing) re-enables Jaw Height but breaks one of the others.

It could be simply that each CAS panel can only support a limited number of sliders, but I'll have to do a set of full tests including bobblehead, pelvis / butt and height sliders today to see what disables what. I couldn't, however, see any obvious links between any of the new sliders, and the jaw ones, so I suspect there is some other trickery behind the scenes.

It's unfortunately quite possible that there's simply a limit to whatever in-game array or space holds the slider information.
Test Subject
#131 Old 2nd Oct 2009 at 1:43 PM
If there is a slider limit, i think there are a few sliders ppl wouldnt mind doing without for the more "NEEDED" sliders.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#132 Old 2nd Oct 2009 at 1:46 PM Last edited by Delphy : 2nd Oct 2009 at 2:04 PM.
Cmar: The weird thing is that I can't see any specific limit to this though.

I'm going to try moving the Vertical Slider to another of the panels and see if that helps.

Edit: Okay theres a hard limit of 20 sliders per panel, as far as I can see.

Edit 2: Yup, confirmed in the game code.

Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#133 Old 2nd Oct 2009 at 2:14 PM
Okay given that the UI panels are set in code, and there can be only 4, leads me thus:

4 panels:
Head and Ears, 16 sliders
Eyes, 16 sliders
Nose, 16 sliders
Mouth, 11 sliders

This leaves 4 sliders left on the Head, Eyes and Nose panels, and 9 on the Mouth panel. So we can have a total of 21 new sliders (assuming EA doesn't add more).

To that end, I'm going to move the Breast sliders into the Mouth panel, which has space for the 5. This should hopefully fix any weirdness with the jaw sliders (and everything else)

Test Subject
#134 Old 2nd Oct 2009 at 2:28 PM
love the sliders, but does ea default have them at A's or b's? For one of my teenagers i was trying to create a full B look, or a small C cup. Also if you need a tester for the pelvis/butt slider I'll be glad to help and provide screens.
Lab Assistant
#135 Old 2nd Oct 2009 at 2:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tbo
Moin Oepu, Gruss aus Hamburg

I think, The_Rookie means translate the Mod into german,
because the game in german language shows not the english names but only
***12345678*** or somthing else, when i change to English version, the MOD shows the right names.

@Delphy thanks for the best MOD

Regards
Thomas from HH

Genau Thomas das habe ich gemeint.

Den für mich ist das english bescheiden so wie für andere das Deutsch die es kaum oder gar nicht verstehen.

Greetings

Harald
#136 Old 2nd Oct 2009 at 3:16 PM Last edited by Seidon : 2nd Oct 2009 at 5:07 PM. Reason: typo
I love you!! ^_^ My sister and I have been so annoyed that my sims can't be slightly fit AND well-endowed. I'll happily test and give feed-back.
Test Subject
#137 Old 2nd Oct 2009 at 4:08 PM
Default Thanks So Much Delphy
I am not active here in MTS, but this is worth commenting. I wanted to say thank you , and I wish you share more of sliders. There are no flaws related to it in my game. But, when I go and edit male sims, I see it. Nothing wrong about that, but I wish it could work, not as breasts but as pecs. That would be amazing. Still, thank you so much
Lab Assistant
#138 Old 2nd Oct 2009 at 5:01 PM
I just wanted to update you. I haven't had a chance to try the generational stuff yet and it could be a while but I did mess around in the CAS with genetic spawning. It seems that if the you make a woman and give her breast augmentations then make her a him and use him to spawn a child with a woman who also has breast adjustments that one or the other adjustment is chosen. If you make a man as a man first (so no breast adjustments at all) and mate him with a woman with adjustments it is a toss-up between the default breast size for his build as a girl or between the woman. (If that made any sense.) So far I have seen no evidence of blending like with the other physical features. But again only playing with the CAS genetic spawning. I hope that was helpful... Great by the way, love it.
Test Subject
#139 Old 2nd Oct 2009 at 5:48 PM
Delphy; I know I thanked you for this yesterday, but after creating two females (young adult and teen) using this and the facial slider hack, I now have even more realistic looking sims. Thank you sooooo much!

The only advantage I can see for the verical slider is to produce more pert or saggy looking breasts, and although this would be cool, I must say with some careful tweaking my females assests are now near on perfection.

I am hoping to produce female babies with these two females very soon and will let you know if their assets get passed on.

Happy boobing folks! ~Giggles~
Debz Xx
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#140 Old 2nd Oct 2009 at 8:20 PM
Okay given that the UI panels are set in code, and there can be only 4, leads me thus:

4 panels:
Head and Ears, 16 sliders
Eyes, 16 sliders
Nose, 16 sliders
Mouth, 11 sliders

This leaves 4 sliders left on the Head, Eyes and Nose panels, and 9 on the Mouth panel. So we can have a total of 21 new sliders (assuming EA doesn't add more).

To that end, I'm going to move the Breast sliders into the Mouth panel, which has space for the 5. This should hopefully fix any weirdness with the jaw sliders (and everything else)

At least we know. People are simply going to have to pick and choose which sliders they want.
Test Subject
#141 Old 2nd Oct 2009 at 8:40 PM
Absolutely brilliant work! Thank You! More sliders- right solution. My game version- 1.4.6. Wait sliders for another body parts Sorry for my english, I am russian.
Test Subject
#142 Old 2nd Oct 2009 at 10:14 PM
i've downloaded itbut they don't show up and im not trying to make u mad but i've looked everywhere and they don't sem to show i put the file inthesims3/downloads file do i need to put it somewhere else. anyways i hope this isn't making u mad. =( i wish i knew what to do in the irst place.
Test Subject
#143 Old 2nd Oct 2009 at 10:19 PM
its just relly hard to work with i hope u can help me without bugging alot about this k?
Test Subject
#144 Old 2nd Oct 2009 at 10:28 PM
thanks! I've been looking for this
Mad Poster
#145 Old 2nd Oct 2009 at 10:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by andrew111
i've downloaded itbut they don't show up and im not trying to make u mad but i've looked everywhere and they don't sem to show i put the file inthesims3/downloads file do i need to put it somewhere else. anyways i hope this isn't making u mad. =( i wish i knew what to do in the irst place.

Yes, you need to put them somewhere else, they don't go in your downloads folder. They go in your Mods\Packages folder. Instructions on what to do are here: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...g_Package_Files
Test Subject
#146 Old 2nd Oct 2009 at 10:59 PM
I guess that slider naming problem isn't only in German game. I have russian one, it shows me something like this:

So i cannot understand which slider to move.
I don't request translation, just copying english captions to other languages will be enough.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#147 Old 3rd Oct 2009 at 12:32 AM
Default Crashes
Since i started testing the sliders the game crashes somewhat randomly and about every other save results in a crash. Now I have a lot of mods installed right now so I can't definitly say yet that its the breast sliders but I will try to figure it out and update you on wether or not it's the sliders or something else. I really hope its something else bc the sliders are AWESOME.
Instructor
#148 Old 3rd Oct 2009 at 12:50 AM
plz dephy this hake is Awesome but the jaw hight slide didn't work
Test Subject
#149 Old 3rd Oct 2009 at 1:24 AM
Default I'll test it!
I love the mods that people create and am 100% willing to test this. Hope it works 'cause I'd love it-- and my Sims would be more accurate.
Test Subject
#150 Old 3rd Oct 2009 at 3:40 AM

andrew111: These sliders are installed like every other .package file. It is not the mandate of this thread to help you how to install it.

Timberland: I have not released the height slider yet. It only works for females too (Although I could probably see about linking the FacialBlends for Male/Female to the same BONE file and see what happens)

Oh ok thank you very much for responding back to me. cant wait for more sliders YA!
Locked thread | Locked by: Delphy Reason: Test complete
Page 6 of 7