Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 11:16 AM
Default Not Another Daughter!!
My sims seem incapable of producing sons. The only babies being born in my kingdoms are female.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Can you influence gender like you can in Sims 3?

Not very happy about not being able to change kids outfits and hair - I've got a princess who looks like a butch street urchin!
Advertisement
Giblets for hire
#2 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 11:18 AM
Apples and watermelons still influence gender, though I don't know if apples and watermelons still exist in Medieval.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 11:39 AM
Apples do though i don't think watermelons do.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 4:02 AM
I've only gotten boys
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 4:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Stoo
Not very happy about not being able to change kids outfits and hair - I've got a princess who looks like a butch street urchin!

You can change kids' clothes and hairstyle.
Hold Strg+Shift and click her (or right-click, dunno atm). Or make her selectable (see http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=438157 ) and get her to the dresser.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 4:48 AM
Hello and thanks to those who responded.

Looks like eating fruits doesn't influence gender as you can't make sims eat them unless they're part of a meal. And trust me, making your sim stuff herself with apple loaf doesn't mean she's going to give birth to a boy.

However, the flood of girls seems to have stopped as my physician popped out a bouncing baby boy this morning. Yay!

Cheers.