Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 2:34 PM
I'd buy it. I won't be able to run Sims 3 and it'll be a very long time before I upgrade my computer. The more stuff, the merrier, for my sims!

"They can jump, and land, and have no natural predators. Unless, of course, you count me!" *SH-BOOF!* - The Maxx
Advertisement
Theorist
#52 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 6:28 PM
When the option for TS2 or ALL of TS1 came upon me, I decided that TS1 was far better. Not playing/seeing/touching anything of the game before except the (Slightly Dodgy console versions, SimsBustin'Out etc.) I think I made the right choice.
I joined TS2 when NL came out, (Which I bought at the same time) and it was only after OFB was out that I began to understand CC.

How many people will do the same as me but with TS3?
Will EP 'Promote' the idea of "all in one" collections for TS2?
Who knows...

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Alchemist
#53 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 6:32 PM
Just out of curiosity why is it so many of you keep saying you'll have to buy a new computer for TS3?Everything that has come out about it says that they are developing the game with lower end computers in mind
#54 Old 11th Jun 2008 at 2:03 AM
I guess I'm one of the only people left who only has the base game.

I really don't care, but I am not looking forward to TS3 either.
Theorist
#55 Old 11th Jun 2008 at 2:48 AM
But Kenny, if they really design the game with lower end computers in mind, I bet the graphic will suck.
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 11th Jun 2008 at 5:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kennyinbmore
Just out of curiosity why is it so many of you keep saying you'll have to buy a new computer for TS3?Everything that has come out about it says that they are developing the game with lower end computers in mind

I wouldn't buy a new computer for Sims 3, but it will need upgrades at some point, anyway. I'm almost positive that I won't be able to run Sims 3 as it is.
P4 1.6gHz cpu and a Geforce FX5200 128MB video card...There's just no way they'll make it run smooth enough for my old computer. Maybe some of these people are in the same boat.

"They can jump, and land, and have no natural predators. Unless, of course, you count me!" *SH-BOOF!* - The Maxx
Instructor
#57 Old 11th Jun 2008 at 10:54 AM
I'm not against them making anymore, but I'm quite content with the eight that we've got already. Apartments was really one of my last wishes for TS2 and magic is just a perk, so anything else would probably be a perk too... though I wouldn't mind seeing a stuff pack that added more interactive items -- kind of like 'running with scissors' or the pirate ship in BV. Nothing that would add new gameplay, just misc. new toys for the Sims to mess with (i.e. like an amusement park movie theatre, etc)

I'm really curious about the gameplay of TS3 so of course I'm waiting for it, but I'll probably stick with TS2 for awhile, until I get a new computer (Not just for ts3.. I've needed one for awhile)
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 12th Jun 2008 at 4:07 AM
Unsure why many people are saying I got 7 or 8 Sims2 EPs installed, but my computer won't handle The Sims3, If you computer is already powerful enough to handle 8 EPs then you should have no problem getting The Sims3 Base Game to Run.

Of course you don't have to buy new EPs if you dont want, but be ready for more patches, and more useless silly looking Hats, Walls and Floors that can't be deleted which will give more fans more reason to complain about the game.
#59 Old 12th Jun 2008 at 9:48 AM
I voted no, of course, if the next EP is groundbreaking(not EA/Maxis groundbreaking, but more of a real groundbreaking) one, I might buy it. By that, I mean it a lot of new features, new ways to kill sims, good price, removal of SecureROM(whatever its called), more of a modern theme(maybe future or warlike), and some features from previous EPs. Of course, if this happens, then hell has frozen over(the suggestions I put up for a groundbreaking one).
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 12th Jun 2008 at 9:52 AM
dj, everyone has different opinions about a groundbreaking expansion... i'd be happy with a securom-protected superstar remake
Alchemist
#61 Old 16th Jun 2008 at 4:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by treeag
But Kenny, if they really design the game with lower end computers in mind, I bet the graphic will suck.

Not really tree. That's all in the graphics card. I think all that will mean is the graphics will suck on computers with a low end card. The game is more than graphics as far as game play goes, but I get what you mean

Quote: Originally posted by Eva Aisling
I wouldn't buy a new computer for Sims 3, but it will need upgrades at some point, anyway. I'm almost positive that I won't be able to run Sims 3 as it is.
P4 1.6gHz cpu and a Geforce FX5200 128MB video card...There's just no way they'll make it run smooth enough for my old computer. Maybe some of these people are in the same boat.

I get your point Eva, that system is ancient lol. You can buy a low end Dell for $400 that'll whip that puppy
#62 Old 16th Jun 2008 at 5:10 PM
No, I just want to get on with the Sims 3

I think a ninth EP would be milking it.
#63 Old 17th Jun 2008 at 7:23 PM
I voted 9 & 10. Honestly, I'm not sure what else they could add to the Sims 2, but at the moment I don't plan on playing TS3. Then again, I said that about TS2 when I first read about it. If they can create an inventive ninth expansion - better yet, an even tenth - that is worth the money, then right on. If it bombs, maybe I'll warm up to TS3.
#64 Old 17th Jun 2008 at 7:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SakuraKonekoChan
My pc can't handle any more eps >.> I'm gonna see if I can squeeze the Ikea Stuff, Happy Holiday Stuff, and Apartment Life on it...and hope it doesn't explode because I'm too poor to afford a new pc/upgrade...

Same here! I'd love to see (and own!) many new EPs, but I doubt that my hard drive would forgive me! :P
Field Researcher
#65 Old 18th Jun 2008 at 9:56 AM
I'd like more for Sims2, because I'm another one who isn't really intrested in Sims3. Besides better graphics, what's the difference? *pffft*
Theorist
#66 Old 18th Jun 2008 at 10:25 AM
The graphics isn't THAT better, actually. I've seen many new games that has better graphics than TS3.
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 18th Jun 2008 at 5:37 PM
I voted that I want an EP9 and more. Sims 3 isn't that exciting to me, honestly. I've been a Sims fan from the beginning, and I remember being super excited by the first news of Sims 2, but I just don't feel that same excitement about Sims 3. That might change, there's still time, but frankly, I don't foresee that happening. I really like expansion and stuff packs because for each new group of items they add, I can remove some CC and my game loads faster/lags less. Besides, there are some things I think they could still expand on in the Sims 2.
Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#68 Old 18th Jun 2008 at 6:07 PM
(Well, 204 votes

No : 40.2%
Yes : 59.8% )
Alchemist
#69 Old 18th Jun 2008 at 6:17 PM
The graphics isn't THAT better, actually. I've seen many new games that has better graphics than TS3.

Your talking about screenshots for a game a year away
Theorist
#70 Old 19th Jun 2008 at 4:35 AM
Yeah, but the 'newer games' I mentioned are from like a year ago, and they still look better than the current alpha/beta stage of TS3. From what I see now, I'm not interested at TS3's graphics at all.
Field Researcher
#71 Old 19th Jun 2008 at 11:48 AM
Well, I'm not interested in TS3. Between the hacks, mods, and cc, TS2 is only just now beginning to live up to it's potential. Also, I'm only now learning to create CC, so I want to enjoy it, not start over.

I'd get another one if it's good. I'd love to see an EP that adds more public areas where Sims can actually use them. For instance, a hospital with NPC doctors and nurses, a real library that loans books, theaters and play houses... things like that.
Test Subject
#72 Old 19th Jun 2008 at 2:04 PM
I think one more EP after Apartment Life wont kill us. I actually think if would be a good idea. Something else I can be excited about after AL. But after that maybe we should stick to Stuff Packs.
#73 Old 19th Jun 2008 at 2:29 PM
This question is like asking an addict if they wanted one more fix...

Yes, please! Whatever you give me, just give me more Sims!!!

I'd like hospital too. And all that stuff Hinoemasim spoke about in their post (#72). I'd also like my Sims to have more realistic relationships. I hate it that teen sims get so well with their parents, or that children can't at all communicate with the babies, and stuff.
And some community oriented EP should be nice, that'd introduce politics into the game, and I'd like to see some class consciousness in my Sims too. I love this game, but it is a bit unrealistic concerning social relations (rich sims hang out with poor sims, and stuff like that - that is perhaps nice, but is also not that probable in real life and I tend to recreate realistic environment in my game).

Sims 2 can still grow.
Alchemist
#74 Old 19th Jun 2008 at 3:13 PM
Yeah, but the 'newer games' I mentioned are from like a year ago, and they still look better than the current alpha/beta stage of TS3. From what I see now, I'm not interested at TS3's graphics at all.

How graphic can The Sims get? It's not really a graphics intensive game. What do we want to see pimples on their faces?
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 19th Jun 2008 at 3:42 PM
I would definately like to see an EP that included alot more interactions between sims,
especially realistic ones like sims being alot more romantic, more interactions with kids
and toddlers and even babies. And I love all the suggestions about including hospitals,
libraries and movie theaters, the possibilities are endless.
Page 3 of 6