Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th May 2015 at 7:04 PM
Default Equestrian straw/hay-covered floor tiles for stables [NO TERRAIN PAINTS!]
I've looked everywhere yet I can only seem to find floor tiles for barns and horse stalls under Sims 2 rather than 3. I'm badly in need of this to finish my stable.

Note that I said no terrain paints. My barns have floors like any proper barn. I just need tiles with a bedding texture to put under the horse stalls.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 6th May 2015 at 9:30 AM
Have you tried placing a hay bale near where you would want the straw/hay and have your Sim scatter the hay? I'm not sure if we have the ability to move hay that has been spread but it might do in a pinch until you find the flooring you're looking for.

The floor sand that comes with World Adventures (in buydebug) is moveable and it can be recolored. I wonder if placing some of that around would help at all or look just plain awful. I'm out of ideas.
Instructor
#4 Old 6th May 2015 at 8:40 PM
Briarvale use to have a bedding set that acted like a rug that many stables would use however, they have taken them down with a promise to bring them back (but I doubt). They do have a new set for download though. Here is the original set and here is the new one.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th May 2015 at 5:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lindali365
Have you tried placing a hay bale near where you would want the straw/hay and have your Sim scatter the hay? I'm not sure if we have the ability to move hay that has been spread but it might do in a pinch until you find the flooring you're looking for.

The floor sand that comes with World Adventures (in buydebug) is moveable and it can be recolored. I wonder if placing some of that around would help at all or look just plain awful. I'm out of ideas.

No, moving scattered hay won't work. The horses will eat it. Along it that, it won't let me move those objects inside the horse stall.

The debug sand works, but I'm still left with the problem of it looking like sand. I need a hay/straw texture. This is why I was thinking floor tile but if I can get a texture that's just like a miscellaneous pattern, I guess that can work too.
Instructor
#6 Old 7th May 2015 at 6:56 AM Last edited by lindali365 : 7th May 2015 at 8:58 AM.
I found the original bedding set by Elin. I converted them to package files and added them to my game. To tell you the truth, I don't see any problem with the original/old set. I would have added screenshots for you but photobucket is so slow and I wanted to post the link ASAP.

http://eecenter.weebly.com/downloads.html

The bedding set is the next to the last item on the page, and it just says Bedding Set (with no picture).

- Bedding can be found under plants, there are 5 presets (1 preset is themed fabric with rough edges, the rest look like straw/hay with one channel that can be recolored). The approximate size of the bedding is 5 x 4.5 squares.
- Bales can be found under Décor > Miscellaneous (4 presets). The bales are white paper or plastic wrapped with an image of a horse on the bale (Wheat Straw, Wood Chips, Soft Wood Shavings, Straw Pellets).

There's some kind of dark shadow in the center of the bedding, but it's not as noticeable with some of the textures they used. It's a shame they pulled this one from their new site, it looks really nice (IMO)!

To place the bedding entirely within a box stall (I only have EA's to work with), the moveobjects on cheat has to be used. I don't have any horses in an active game to test this out.

The bales disappeared when I tried to place them inside the box stall. I presume that's something that wouldn't normally be done (?) :P

Forgot to add that this set looks like the same original set that Luckk linked to above.
Instructor
#7 Old 7th May 2015 at 7:56 PM
Linali, yes it's the same person. I just know they wanted to take it down due to those issues. Before they did, they started a new stable.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 8th May 2015 at 1:20 AM
Ahhh okay that's why i couldn't place the one CC bedding I had. the necessary cheat was never mentioned.

And yes, hay bales don't go in horse stalls. lol In some cases people might add a hanging net to supplement their horse's diet with types of hay (I use that word roughly as the types of available straw-type feeds are different in each region. Particularly in places like Egypt.), but it's a fancy accessory. I've yet to see anyone make it for this game and I imagine the mesh plus function would be exasperating to create.

I'm still going to continue my hunt for floor tiles that show scattered hay textures and other textures expected to be on the floor of a barn or house with 3rd-World or old world flooring. But I may have to find a way to just make them myself.
Test Subject
#9 Old 25th Sep 2016 at 1:01 AM
I have started making texture floors like these. I just made one that's sawdust flooring. Its a pattern you can apply using the style tool in build mode under "wood" in the theme selection. It can be downloaded from my weebly site as a sims3pack. http://echovaleestates.weebly.com/downloads.html