Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 5:39 PM Last edited by Florentzina : 14th Jan 2016 at 6:52 PM.
Default ACR and its stupid behaviors...
Ive decided to play with aging off for a while now that my 3rd generation kids are YA/older teens/Early adults. I also removed my in-law fix so I can "mess" with the sims love interests a little, because it got a bit annoyed with the bachelores if only sibling sim got married, none of the others couldnt have a casual fling. I mostly had the fix, so that their "elder" in-law cant woo their childrens love life, like aunts/parents/grandparents. Guess I need find a better fix that disable romantic interaction with your daughter/son in-laws.

Anyway, even when I micromanage the settings of ACR2, one of my sims when I wasnt watching, Tina Porter, a woman who is only a few days from elder stole the kiss of her ex husband "love child", (Thad) who is about 30 years younger (YA who will soon graduate) ! I have all the settings on static and high requirement in relationship, yet these two sims just met outside the house and had only 65 short time relationship with no crush, kissed. Their requirement has at least 55 in both lifetime and short time in realtionships regardless what aspiration they had (these were fortune, not romance) and has "ACR with spouse only". But both were single so I found this a bit hilarious and creepy at the same time and feels like something went wrong with the settings,

like is it normal that kind of things happen with ACR, Can sims ignore the static requirements on ACR?

I ended up friendzone them because 30 years difference and wooing the a son of your ex spouse (Zarek Zimmerman) feels a bit WAY off. This son is also blood related to her daughter in-law in some way (Cousin I think but Im not sure, I havent looked up their family trees, just my notes where I can see when someone is related based on their maternal and paternal lastnames). Tina who havent had a relationship since she broke up with her husband must be desperate...
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 6:44 PM
Sims 2 see all YA and adults as the same age regardless how we see it so yes it can happen.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 6:48 PM
Marka93.
I was asking about the ACR, Not their age - which Im already aware of how TS2 works with it. :p

Both had Static Spouse only and need being bestfriends in relationship which is global requirements, yet they could kiss with merely 65 in short term relationships which I find a bit strange.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 7:45 PM
But shouldnt the global defaults settings triumph everything? Both sims were fortune which has and requirement of 70/55 in order for them to be able to peforme ACR..
Theorist
#6 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 7:47 PM
Could you possibly have another mod that might be conflictin with that part of ACR?
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 8:02 PM Last edited by Florentzina : 14th Jan 2016 at 9:20 PM.
Ah, Ive the game modified after the latest ACR , not the vanilla ones, so you are clearly thinking about something else. It was a setting called Hood-setting I asked about which should alter the romance requirement completly.

Calibrat.
Not sure, I only remember Ive ACR fixes like skunk attraction fix, along with romancemod, teen keep lovers, noattraction and other non-auto fixes, but HCDC doesnt pick up anything. But Ive read journals with simmer with minimal mods use ACR and get some of the defaults not working. A sims personal token works fine however, except for the autonomy ones, sims are romantic without my command if if i turn it off or have single sims on "only with spouse".

EDIT: Removed the romance mod which seems to mostly affect jealousy. ACR do it too so no need to have both.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 8:56 PM
I don't use ACR either, I read about far too many annoyances-like this one. However I have heard of hood settings, did you check it? Have you tried it in a test hood withyour other cc pilled (except for things that should never be pulled)

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#10 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 9:01 PM
I dont think its a conflict, but more like I got something wrong with the settings. Ive been playing ACR2 for a long time, but mainly when I aged up the sims, so not much when the sims use it own their own. It has many settings and manual said several settings will be more dominant than others.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 9:16 PM
I put it back in my new hood after fiddling with the settings - if they are perfect, I do not know - I guess I will find out along the way
Mad Poster
#12 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 9:51 PM
It sounds like neither of them has a spouse, is that correct? I imagine ACR only uses that if there is a spouse, and if not, it'll go for the OTL.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Scholar
Original Poster
#13 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 9:59 PM
Gummilutt, well thats true, they are both single, I maybe should have used "low autonomy" instead on those sims I dont want any high ACR autonomy on , because the "autonomy off" Im not sure if it works properly because I havent used it much (I know I cant disable it totally when using ACR, but its get annoyed when they are trying to flirty with the nearest sim outside their doorstep. So I tryied to use the setting for most of them that use the less autonomy option possible. Ive ACR because I like them doing romantic stuff with their spouse, jealousy and pregnancy option, without my interfering each time or having them slap everyone for a small thing. Jealousy is on default steady/engaged on everyone).

OTL? One true love? neither has one, Ive only set up the guy being best friend with the one I want him to marry later, but no romantic interaction so far, I like the single sims have some time experience romance with a few ours before they settled down ---- or IF they settled down. Ive a few in mind who fight over the same sim due to lack of pontentional soulmates in the hood.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 11:34 PM
That's what I learned when I got ACR, you can really only control who a Sim engages with if they are going steady, engaged or married. Otherwise you're going to need to use friendzone to keep them in line. It rather bugs me, because just because I'm not in a serious relationship doesn't mean I'll accept a kiss from anyone who tries, but it's the price you have to pay for the increased autonomous romance. It's a drag for my popularity Sims with 30+ best friends, since I have to friendzone all of them manually, but worth it I suppose.

No idea why it ignored the relationship requirement you set though. I would have hoped that'd at least reign it in a bit. I tried it since this problem only happens between Sims who are 100/100, so it wouldn't help.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Scholar
Original Poster
#15 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 12:13 AM
Yeah, that explain why that woman ignored that setting, because she is single. I also notice that the jealousy setting can be a bit "wonky" at time. Even a sims setting is set on "jealousy inlove", this particulare sim only would get married when I flag her being married. Sims who dating who are ya/adult/elders I often use Simblender to flag them as steady because I dont use InTeen and only hold my thumbs that the setting will trigger when those sim cheat.

Im pretty sure its not a clash with mods like some thought, because I dont have any mods that affect that part of the game. But its still annoyed when its not working when it should. Guess I will keep friendzoning sims when they try to form relationships with sims I dont want because the vanilla way is so boring now that Ive been using ACR for years. Also, I think I prefer friendzoning over having them kiss barely met people non stop. Before I used inlawfixnew by fauwle, but both version were too extreme.Sims has to continue being single or all relatives would basically be "friendzoned" permamently. ACR friendzzone fortunatly dont do that.

Alternatively, I can always flag her as married with Simblender to another divorced/single elder sim so they dont do romance with the younger generation. (an idea I just got now. )
Field Researcher
#16 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 1:32 AM
I'm just gonna butt my head in here and then butt out again--Florentzina, you said that the couple in question kissed. Just kissed. Was this even an ACR kiss? This sounds to me like basegame behavior that you're blaming on ACR because you want ACR to control all autonomous romantic interactions. What you described is entirely possible in base game, and ACR might not have had anything to do with it at all, since ACR doesn't disable vanilla interactions.

http://kahonseecity.livejournal.com/ < - New Prosperity Challenge. Last update: 6/9/14
Scholar
Original Poster
#17 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 2:46 AM Last edited by Florentzina : 15th Jan 2016 at 2:56 AM.
Well, as far as I remember I Ive never seen sims do autonomous romantically interactions like first kiss when you not playing them. So yes, I butt back, Im pretty sure that was ACR.

Btw, they were NOT a couple. If I remember correctly, the second lover of her former husband lived in same house while the guy was born, bo they may have few short time relationships them, but more towards the stranger zone than aquantese/barely friends and with 0-5 long time relationships. The woman gave the dude with no reason a first kiss which made them friends and crush. Sorry, but I dont see that as vanilla. But like I wrote in the first post, I didnt saw their previous interactions, just a pop up message from a hacked obect that enable automatic greetings so he clearly there a few seconds BAM, first kiss.
Forum Resident
#18 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 3:29 AM
Couple of things might help
Simbology might help, they have a forum dedicated to ACR

From there I got this (maxis based) chemistry score
If this is what you are looking for:

Averaged Attraction Score Chemistry
−25 or less −1 bolt (red X)
−24 to 0 0 bolts (nothing)
1 to 34 1 bolt
35 - 89 2 bolts
90 or greater 3 bolts

So 65 might be too high

They also recommend checking out Cyjon's article on Sim chemistry - it's not only related to aspiration, but things like zodiac signs comes into play as well (Prima guides and I think Maty also have extensive research about how sims attraction works) As I said, it's dependent on quite a few elements.

If one sim has kissed someone, then yes, just in the base game they are free to autonomously kiss anyone they like. I can't remember if a unkissed sim can initiate anything, I've been playing with ACR for too long.

Static VS dynamic (pulled from simbiology forum)
"If the settings are dynamic and you order a Sim to do Social interactions with another Sim, and then Romantic ones, that Sim might become "The One" for ACR purposes, such as autonomy and fidelity"
"If the settings are static, nothing's gonna change his or her love for The One"

Someone over there, or someone like Boiling Oil are more able to help you. A lot of the people there did the testing and in the forums record what works when and what doesn't. ACR2 had a difficult creation, due to the creator going off sick, some things he wanted to implement (like autonomous engagement) he wasn't able to finish. Likewise, I think that's why the manual isn't as detailed as it could be. He is no longer around in the Sim world to answer questions or fix things (as far as I know) and nobody else has taken this mod over.

I can't help with the static thing, because I don't use it... Sorry
Scholar
Original Poster
#19 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 5:17 AM
With 65 I was refering to the relationship you get when interacting with the sim, not the chemistry. They didnt had a chemistry boltz when I looked in their relationship panel.

65/5 or so in relationship after they kissed (For the guy it was his first kiss). Which even in vanilla I dont think you suppose to be able doing the kiss without getting rejected, but I dont remember how high you need to be in relationship score. Because the long time relatioship was low, I was sceptical it would be done the vanilla way. Even sims with good chemistry, many of my sims get their first kiss rejected with low relationship score when I command them to do it.

The hood spefic settings, like defaults are suppose to overwrite the vanilla/personal settings. Like the pregnancy risk and global try for baby setting works fine in my game. Its the autonomy that are always a bit wonky. I know the difference with Dynamic/Static settings - All my sims has their one static except for the one. Because that way they dont change randomly. When a sim become older, I change the tryforbaby setting to default 5% which lower the chance for the sims to do try for baby ALOT and use casual woohoo instead. The pregnancy and "woohoo attire" are two settings that works properly in my game.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 8:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Florentzina
Well, as far as I remember I Ive never seen sims do autonomous romantically interactions like first kiss when you not playing them. So yes, I butt back, Im pretty sure that was ACR.

Btw, they were NOT a couple. If I remember correctly, the second lover of her former husband lived in same house while the guy was born, bo they may have few short time relationships them, but more towards the stranger zone than aquantese/barely friends and with 0-5 long time relationships. The woman gave the dude with no reason a first kiss which made them friends and crush. Sorry, but I dont see that as vanilla. But like I wrote in the first post, I didnt saw their previous interactions, just a pop up message from a hacked obect that enable automatic greetings so he clearly there a few seconds BAM, first kiss.

You may be interested in this thread, especially the post by AndrewGloria.

http://kahonseecity.livejournal.com/ < - New Prosperity Challenge. Last update: 6/9/14
Mad Poster
#21 Old 18th Jan 2016 at 7:34 PM
Spouse Only means that if they are single anyone is fair game since they don't have a spouse, I think. Otherwise how would anyone get together?

Autonomous first kiss is indeed an ACR interaction.

BTW, ACR doesn't do the same thing as romancemod does for jealousy and it's recommended to use romancemod with ACR. When ACR was first created it was hosted at MATY which is why - TwoJeffs didn't want to step on Pescado's toes.

This is just the kind of thing which happens with ACR - put sims in the friend zone if you don't want any chance of it happening

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Theorist
#22 Old 18th Jan 2016 at 8:03 PM
Foreground - Dalmar just got rejected for his first kiss because of ACR 2.
Backround - Fatima and Bob Sr. are lookin a bit to cozy, of which are neithers intended mate.

(Bit of back story ... I am just startin to play Beginnin Pleasantview, however I startin them off as teens/children instead of adults. I'd already transitioned the guys to teenagehood and had just transfered in the gals to do them. I had the game off pause for a split second and that's all it took ... lol.

I can't wait to see what else ACR 2 has in store for me. However, it was part of the reason why I chose to have the guys in one house and the gals in another as I also have inteen installed.
Screenshots