Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jan 2016 at 9:13 PM
Default WCIF a mod for toddler's skills?
For TS3 there's mods out there where you don't have to empty the potty and learning their skills such as walking and talking and potty training is sped up. I'm looking for a mod like that for Sims 2! I know there is a picture thing to make them learn instantly but I just want a mod that speeds up the time they learn the skill, make them learn those skills faster. Anyone know where I can find one? Or possibly can make that?

Origin: Simstopics
Steam: BrokeShopaholic
Xbox: BrokeShopaholic
PlayStation: InDebtShopaholic/BrokeShopaholic
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 20th Jan 2016 at 9:33 PM
The potty mod is here: http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=10.0

Using smart milk will work for the others or use the batbox to 'make me smart'
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 20th Jan 2016 at 11:02 PM
You have what you need in game. Give the parents a date so they have gold to platinum aspiration. Then go into aspiration rewards. (you do need enough points) get a container of smart milk and a thinking cap. The sims must be gold or higher aspiration to use these things but since they just were from a date it should be fine. The adult wears the thinking cap and give the toddler the smart milk. I can do all three skills within 1-2 days tops. Also with potty training the trick is go to speed one wait for the parent to pat the toddler on the head, then click cancel training on the parents queue. Not on the toddlers just the parent. the parent is then free to go do other things and the toddler will stay on the potty. make sure the toddler is not very tired, hungry or low fun, if they are they won't go potty. if you use that combo of smart milk and thinking cap training can go very fast, way faster than sims 3 toddler training. To be even faster change the season to autumn and they will be be done all of it in a day or less.
Edit:Mod already posted.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#4 Old 21st Jan 2016 at 1:03 AM
InSimenator has a function called the Toddler Trainer, which can give all the skills
Scholar
#5 Old 21st Jan 2016 at 1:14 AM
@Lord St.Croix does it come with the memories?

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Scholar
#6 Old 21st Jan 2016 at 2:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DezzyBoo
@Lord St.Croix does it come with the memories?

I don't remember; it's been a while since I used it
Field Researcher
#7 Old 21st Jan 2016 at 11:52 AM
Twojeffs Sim Blender has (under skills) the option to give the toddler skills (you can do each one individually or all of them in one shot). It fills the wants and gives the memories of learning them. One of the parents will get memories for teaching them (one parent may get the teaching to use the potty while the other may get the one for walking) and if the parent has the want to teach, it gets filled.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 21st Jan 2016 at 12:06 PM
I was also suggesting the blender, but Jo's way is more fun
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 21st Jan 2016 at 12:33 PM
Re. the insimenator toddler trainer:
There are 4 toddler skills that you can add or remove: Walk, talk, potty and nursery rhyme.
With the first three you also get the option to adjust the skilling progress (looks like the 'buy groceries' window), so you can speed the learning process up but still have a sim teach the toddler and give them a proper memory.
Nursery rhyme doesn't have that option, only 'add' or 'remove'. Simply adding it won't give you a memory, so you might either add it in SimPE or teach it the regular way, smart milk and patience.