Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jan 2016 at 4:52 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Supernatural Sims not acting as Supernatural Sims
My game has started on all of the files refusing to let the Supernatural Sims I create do anything Supernatural. The NPC Sims are fine but the any time I try to control the sims the fairies lose their wings, the vampires don't act like vampires, and the werewolves refuse to transform.

I have tried reinstalling the game(It took me all night and most of the morning but I did it) but that didn't work, even when Supernatural is the only expansion pack I have installed everything is still screwed up.

If you know of a fix for this I would be grateful. This game is stressing me out and I am starting to lose my temper.

My PC specs.
Windows 7 64 bit,AMD FX 4300 quad core processor, 8 gigs DDR3 ram, 1 gig Geforce 9500 graphics card, patch 1.67.2
Every time I reinstall the game I run it clean without any CC, not even the store bought stuff so it isn't CC or mods that cause me trouble.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 23rd Jan 2016 at 5:38 PM
Do you have any mods that affect supernaturals?
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jan 2016 at 6:32 PM
I just checked it without any mods at all installed and it was still giving me trouble. I have no idea how, all I know is that even reinstalling the game did nothing to fix this.

This is the weirdest glitch I have ever run into in any piece of software. I have never heard of a glitch that sticks around after you reinstall the program.

My PC specs.
Windows 7 64 bit,AMD FX 4300 quad core processor, 8 gigs DDR3 ram, 1 gig Geforce 9500 graphics card, patch 1.67.2
Every time I reinstall the game I run it clean without any CC, not even the store bought stuff so it isn't CC or mods that cause me trouble.
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Jan 2016 at 6:55 PM
Okay so when I use cheat codes to move an NPC sim into my household they keep their Supernatural traits except for one, they can't turn any other sims into Supernatural sims. Still this is good enough for me and what is more I think it's the best I will ever get this game to work since it was never tested for bugs by EA, so I am just going to have to stick to playing with the premade sims in town whenever I want a Supernatural sim.

Still it could be worse so I will be fine with this.

My PC specs.
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Jan 2016 at 9:09 PM
I don't know how to find the deviceconfig, my system specs are in my sig.

I did run a clean save but when that didn't work I moved my save files and my mods back in.

You don't need to worry, I was mad before but now I am okay with just using the premade sims. I think I may just uninstall the expansion and play a more realistic game from now on, it's no big deal. The Supernatural expansion pack didn't add much to the game play any way so I am fine with it not working.

My PC specs.
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 24th Jan 2016 at 10:34 AM
Okay so I did another fresh instal, this time I made sure to track down and delete all files related to the Sims 3 myself and now the game seems to working fine. it still has the old glitches like Zombies taking over the town and crashing the game but other then that it is fine.

So sorry about what I said about EA, I was completely at fault here. From now on a I avoiding store content and I will never touch anything made by NRAAs again, because those things are the worst thing you could do to your game and they completely destroy your system.

Sorry for the trouble, as long as you don't run mods this game is fine. Still I will be getting rid of the Supernatural expansion pack since there is no way to run it unmodded where everyone doesn't become a zombie and it doesn't crash my game.

Again thank you for your time and I am sorry to have troubled you.

My PC specs.
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 24th Jan 2016 at 11:25 AM
Well looks like I spoke too soon yet again, because not there are no other sims living in the towns, it's just may sims who are the only ones in the game.

Don't worry about replying to this thread, I just thought I would let you know that you all have been great but I am completely done with this game. It's just awful and boring. it was my favorite game but now I am sick of all the work I have to put into it in order to get it running.

Sorry.

I know The Sims with not run on my modern PC and I know the Sims 2 and The Sims 4 lack the open world, but can anyone tell me if they run any better then The Sims 3 when it comes to just their basic features loading and things working so you can play the game? Also does the Sims 4 require a highspeed internet connection to work or is it like other origin games that just require you to register the game and then you can play it off line?

I know the sims 3 section may seem like a weird place to ask this question but I trust you guys here and I am pretty sure you will not steer me wrong. Thank you for your time and sorry to have bothered you?

My PC specs.
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 24th Jan 2016 at 12:00 PM
Here is my deivceconfig.

I am not trying to troll this forum or be unhelpful, I am just tired and I have been told to try and avoid what stress I can. Thank you all for your help.

=== Application info ===
Name: Sims3
Version:
Build: Release
=== Rating info ===
GPU: 5 GPU Memory: 4 CPU: 4 RAM: 4 CPU Speed: 3800 Threading: 3
Adjusted CPU: 4667 RAM: 8191 Adjusted RAM: 7679 Cores: 4
=== Machine info ===
OS version: Windows 7 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
OS prod type: 0
OS major ver: 6
OS minor ver: 1
OS SP major ver: 1
OS SP minor ver: 0
OS is 64Bit: 1
CPU: AuthenticAMD
Brand: AMD FX(tm)-4300 Quad-Core Processor
Family: 15
Model: 2
Cores: 4
HT: 0
x64: 0
Memory: 8191MB
Free memory: 6151MB
User:
Computer: HAL9000
=== Graphics device info ===
Number: 0
Name (driver): NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT
Name (database): GeForce 9500 GT [Found: 1, Matched: 1]
Vendor: NVIDIA
Chipset: Vendor: 10de, Device: 0640, Board: c9593842, Chipset: 00a1
Driver: nvd3dum.dll, Version: 9.18.13.4144, GUID: D7B71E3E-4500-11CF-C24B-54E91CC2C435
Driver version: 4144
Monitor: \\.\DISPLAY1
Texture memory: 4072MB
Vertex program: 3.0
Pixel program: 3.0
Hardware TnL: 1
=== Options ===
AnimationSmoothing 1
LightingQuality 3
GeneralReflections 2
TextureQuality 3
VisualEffects 1
TerrainQuality 3
EdgeSmoothing 1
ObjectHiding 1
AspectRatio 0
ForceSquarePixels 1
SimQuality 4
TreeQuality 2
DrawDistance 2
MaxActiveLots 2
NumMaxActiveLotOptions 6
AdvancedRendering 1
AudioQuality 3
AudioOutputMode 1
VoiceLevel 255
SoundFXLevel 255
MusicLevel 255
AmbientLevel 255
FocusMute 1
VoiceMute 0
SoundFXMute 0
MusicMute 0
AmbientMute 0
EdgeScrolling 0
EdgeScrollingWarning 1
SupressOpportunityDialogs 0

My PC specs.
Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 24th Jan 2016 at 2:12 PM
I figured it out!

Don't ask me how or why but i started adding in mods and store content one at a time and trying the game and it seems that for some reason Overwatch and Errortrap were counting the Supernaturals and Townies as bugs and just deleting them all from the game, I started a fresh game without either of those mods installed and now it is working perfectly. I can even run it with the no zombies mod so the game doesn't crash. So it looks like it was just those two mods.

Thanks a bunch for all of your help and sorry to have troubled you.

My PC specs.