Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 10:47 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage
Default sort of odd Tricou Family, with error. Explanation?
I noticed something Odd in my game. There are four male teens and two female teens that are all related as brother and sister, and they have different last names, otherwise they look normal. I checked to see who their parents are, and I find Jon Smith Tricou as their father, but no mother.

Looking at Jon Smith Tricou I find that there are several members in the Tricou Family, but the Teens are not listed.

I found a couple of other odd things about the Teens. One oddity is that the names of the Teens changes.

The more serious oddity is that in a previous incarnation of my game play, is after graduating from University I tried to have the two females get married, but I couldn’t as they kept throwing an error. I think it was something like the Sim was not a person, but I am not sure.

Does anyone have an explanation for the odd behavior and the odd family relationships?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 11:44 PM
EA put the teens in so if you wanted to resurrect all the Tricou's, any one of the teens can resurrect Jon Smith and he can resurrect the rest of the family.

As for them not being able to marry that is your game and not Downtown for I can have all of them marry any one they want to and have had all 6 married to my sims over my years of playing the Sims 2.

If I remember way back when that they use to do that before one of the patches took care of it.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Forum Resident
#3 Old 13th Feb 2016 at 8:49 AM
The name change is normal for all Downtown sims. They always get randomized names in each neighborhood.

Meetme2river's clean downtown actually has the teens show up in the Tricou family tree and they recognize them as relatives when revived.

As for the wedding, have you tried turning testingCheats off and see if they can get married then? The main reason I never play with it on is that it often throws out errors that the game would usually fix without you noticing.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Feb 2016 at 10:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ovenhole
The name change is normal for all Downtown sims. They always get randomized names in each neighborhood.

Meetme2river's clean downtown actually has the teens show up in the Tricou family tree and they recognize them as relatives when revived.

As for the wedding, have you tried turning testingCheats off and see if they can get married then? The main reason I never play with it on is that it often throws out errors that the game would usually fix without you noticing.

I am now using the Super Collection {Mac version} and I have not tested these Sims regarding the not being able to get Married problem, it might have been fixed I don’t know.

I tried several times with boolprop TestingCheatsEnabled false, and I had a “jump” or what ever it is called when the error occurred and I still couldn’t get them married.

Now I use the Sim Blender, so I figure I will try using it to set them as married if I run into the same error again.