Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 11:17 PM
Default Things your Sims do that you may like or not like
I was in the forum WCIF and member @ moveobjects ( thank you ) gave me this thread idea when he was looking for a mod to "stop Sims from opening arms when returning from work."
I guess there is different strokes for different folks that what make the Sims game so fun to play, because the Sims can be a handfull at time with the way they act.
I happen to just love it when the Sims come home from work standing on the outside like Modder Cyjon's have said in his detail of his mod that they are announcing to the world they are home.http://www.cyjon.net/node/57

To me it's like they are telling their nosey Sims neighbors "Hey look at me I have a "JOB" and making tons of Simoleons, and just look at the car I drive to get there.
Such a big opposite of when the Sims smarty pants children answer the phone when another Sims is asking to speak to their parents, and they say " they are at work working unlike you." I love it all
Go ahead members and guests share what you like or don't like that your Sims do that just maybe or not get on your "last good nerves"

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 11:24 PM
Mad Poster
#3 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 11:27 PM
I don't mind what they are doing when the carpool arrives, I would just like them to stop it and go to work. IRL, you don't hear the carpool horn and say to yourself "welp, it's time to go to work, but goshdarn it, I'm having so much reading up on lawnmowers, I think I'll just stay home". No, you put down your book, paste a smile and your face and go to work. Then you've deserved your "I'm home" song sung to your mailbox.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#4 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 12:11 AM
The thing about computer games that bugged me is that even if I told the Sim to stop playing the computer game and get into the carpool, they would ignore me and keep playing the computer game. That is why I put in the no autonomy version of TwoJeffs computer fixes mod- it stops them from autonomously doing anything with the computer which was the only way I could get them to stop playing computer games.

I hate how if a baby needs to be changed, the stupid Sims try to feed it instead of changing it.
Scholar
#5 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 2:07 AM
It kinda annoys me when married sims roll the "cheat on spouse" want, it's like- how dare you! I won't any of that nonsense in my neighborhood. The only time I've allowed it was to make an example out of the unfortunate male sim who was electrocuted. His death caused issues in everyone's lives.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 2:07 AM
I like when my Sims look at me - it gives the impression of a level of awareness that's very endearing to me

Build a City Challenge on LiveJournal: Mesa Vista: my BaCC for fun
Mesa Vista Running list of chapters
Scholar
#7 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 2:15 AM
I find that creepy lol
Mad Poster
#8 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 2:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
The thing about computer games that bugged me is that even if I told the Sim to stop playing the computer game and get into the carpool, they would ignore me and keep playing the computer game. That is why I put in the no autonomy version of TwoJeffs computer fixes mod- it stops them from autonomously doing anything with the computer which was the only way I could get them to stop playing computer games.

I hate how if a baby needs to be changed, the stupid Sims try to feed it instead of changing it.

Or they just stand there holding it like morons. Dude, your baby's diaper stinks so bad I can smell it from the other side of the screen. Change it! No, they'd rather stand stock still for eight or so sim hours, jostling the screaming baby occasionally.

I know it takes them a minute to stop playing the computer game when you tell them to; I figure they're just saving their game.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#9 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 3:40 AM Last edited by Simonut : 10th Jan 2016 at 3:55 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by labellavienna
I find that creepy lol

Yes I have to agree it does seem kind of creepy, more so when you are not expecting your Sims to look directly at you through the monitor screen.
I think that was EA way when they created the Sims 2 to give the players a shock as to say " yes your Sims have the power to watch your every move on the other side of your world."
It's like the old TV program called "The Outer Limit."

@ labellaviennal About cheating Sims, that's maybe one reason why the romance Sims was created, what would the game be without a Sims who is cheating?
It keep drama in the game, beside not every Sims can be faithful, I do have faithful Sims who dare not cheat, ( at times they can be boring ) then I have the Sims that do cheat, and they keep things rolling and interest.
I love it when the Sims get busted at a community lot when everyone involved show up, then there is a big OOPS here we go with a slap in the face from all parties. ( so funny )

Mad Poster
#10 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 3:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by labellavienna
It kinda annoys me when married sims roll the "cheat on spouse" want, it's like- how dare you! I won't any of that nonsense in my neighborhood. The only time I've allowed it was to make an example out of the unfortunate male sim who was electrocuted. His death caused issues in everyone's lives.

Ooo I don't think I've ever seen that want! I've seen the 'get caught cheating on' fear... Which is usually rolled by some family Sim who wouldn't even dream of cheating in the first place

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#11 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 9:12 AM
Family Sims do cheat - and are afraid of getting caught - and when they cheat and visit their lover, they sneak around like burglars
Mad Poster
#12 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 10:20 AM
I have heavily modded my game and all interactions what I disliked are gone. I have Pescado's romancemod and cheating (even if I want it ) is gone. My playable sims who are living nearby like to hang out at household what I am playing and it was surprise for me when parents of my sim family with twins were busy and uncontrollable brother of dad went autonomously change diaper of one twins. Or former butler who lives next door came uninvited and worked like butler willingly all day. I like it when my sims who I am not currently playing try to help me and my sims.
Test Subject
#13 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 1:39 PM
Quote:
Family Sims do cheat - and are afraid of getting caught - and when they cheat and visit their lover, they sneak around like burglars

Yes, they do! and I was surprised when my Cassandra Goth suddenly rolled the want to have two lovers at once. As I've read it, apparently Family sims start rolling romance-like wants when their aspiration meter is low or their relationship with their spouse/partner is not very high.
Scholar
#14 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 2:12 PM
When they get the "get frighted by ghost" reaction (jump in the air, being suprised) when a sim is growing up... Being someone who use aging up cheats alot, I get that reaction ALOT. I probably should look for a hack that disable it.

Yeah Yeah, Sims you have a short lifespan, I get you don't want your buddies to die too quickly. But when over six sims or more get that reaction EVERY time another sim in same household transition to a new lifestage, its get a bit silly.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 5:25 PM
I like how they are looking at view when they paint.

image hosting without account
Alchemist
#17 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 6:13 PM
I love the way kids drop everything to hug their parents when they come home from work.

I don't like those snide replies you get when a Sim calls someone who isn't home, or when they try to invite someone over that they don't have a close relationship to. I had a Sim try to invite his dad over to meet his new grandchild, and the Sim said something like "If my wanting to see you was on a scale of 1 to 10, I'd still say no," Well fine! Enjoy dying alone, old man.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 6:46 PM
Omglo, do you know about Cyjons mod that replace the rude messages with nicer ones? It's here on MTS.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Scholar
#19 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 7:16 PM
I know there are things that my sims do that I dislike. i can't think of a single one right, but I know there are because I am always saying things like "please don't do that", "why must you be this way?" and "stop that!". I'm really bad at remembering small things that I don't like. Its why I bought the same crappy flavor of Chex like three times before I remembered I didn't like it.

Check out my simblr https://www.tumblr.com/blog/tbssimblr

Click the link, you know you want to. ;)
Alchemist
#20 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 8:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
Omglo, do you know about Cyjons mod that replace the rude messages with nicer ones? It's here on MTS.
No, I didn't. Thanks!
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#21 Old 11th Jan 2016 at 12:43 AM Last edited by Simonut : 11th Jan 2016 at 4:30 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt

I did not know about that, but make me no different I like the rude messages, and the Sims can tell some "Big" lies, like when you invite them over for a visit, they say "oh I am in the middle of cooking a Baked Alaska".
Or "I Can't come out my Psychic forbid me to leave the house", or I am waiting for the repairman.

It funny the Sims say that sometime if they are not friends to the Sims, but I seen it happen between friends, those silly things don't bother me at all.
What really get on my nerves is when there are two computer side by side but the Sims want the one that the other Sims is at and make a fuss about it, instead of going to one that is available.

Mad Poster
#22 Old 11th Jan 2016 at 1:24 AM
I also find the rude messages kind of funny when Sims say no to an invitation, but I don't like it when you call and the Sim isn't home. I can't keep track of what work schedule everyone has, and I don't think it makes sense for a mother answer that way to a daughter who called to talk to dad. I also find it helpful that it tells you when they will be back from work, so I know when to try again

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 11th Jan 2016 at 10:42 AM
No no, it's when they say "I'm waiting for the PHONE repairman"

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#24 Old 11th Jan 2016 at 10:48 AM
I like the rude messages. I wish there were more (Sorry, I cannot come over, I am teaching my wormrat to do the smustle )
Mad Poster
#25 Old 11th Jan 2016 at 12:05 PM
The one "He/she is working, unlike someone I know" offends me lol. Well screw you too.
Page 1 of 3