Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jan 2016 at 4:48 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Problem with Resource.cfg file
So I installed the base game plus Uni, IF, and some stuff content on a new computer and my game worked fine, but after a little while I decided to install IP along with some mods which I had worked fine on my older computer. But when I went into the game it started freezing every few seconds for about 20 seconds.

I just copied the Resource.cfg file from my old computer to my new one because I didn't think it would cause any problems. I'm not sure if it's been corrupted or something but I wanted to check before downloading it again because I have really slow internet (not much faster than dail-up).

If anyone has any ideas what's causing it I could really use some suggestions, this freezing is making my game unplayable.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 21st Jan 2016 at 9:21 PM
Does your game still have the freezing issue if you TEMPORARILY move all your CC to a folder outside the game? (Make a backup of your save, just to be safe.)
If not, then one or more of your mods or objects is not working with your current game setup.

Copying the resource.cfg from one computer to another shouldn't have damaged it. If you can open it with NotePad and see something like
Quote:
Priority 501
DirectoryFiles Files/... autoupdate
Priority 1000
PackedFile Overrides/*.package
PackedFile Overrides/*/*.package
PackedFile Overrides/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Overrides/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Overrides/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority 500
PackedFile Packages/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority 499
PackedFile Test/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority -50
PackedFile Probation/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority 500
PackedFile DCCache/*.dbc

and it's listed as a cfg file rather than a txt or a cfg.txt file, then it's fine.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Jan 2016 at 4:02 PM Last edited by Gecko_sis : 23rd Jan 2016 at 1:57 AM. Reason: Update
Thank you! I'll check it now.

Edit: I've tried removing the mods (I only had four) and I checked the .cfg file it doesn't seem to have made a difference.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 23rd Jan 2016 at 6:38 PM Last edited by igazor : 23rd Jan 2016 at 7:45 PM.
Are you trying to play in an unfixed version of Isla Paradiso? That world is unplayable "out of the box."
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Jan 2016 at 4:04 AM
As far as I know I've got it updated. It doen't want to update to 1.67. I installed the game then tried to play it but the game was already updated by that point. Is there something I'm missing? Btw thank you.