Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Sep 2011 at 5:41 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Default Game freezes at 12:05 am game time
Okay I swear I read the how to install the Mod folder help 3 different times and everything looks okay but the intromovie still loads and so somewhere I am messing up. I was brought to the Mod folder help when trying to install the Overwatch Mod to fix the game freezing issue. Now the game still freezes at 12:05 and I can't get the Mod folder to work correctly.

I don't have any CC that I am aware of (I just play with the options I have) and I tried removing anything I added to lots that might be trapping Sims. Here is the information that the Mods Folder walkthrough asked for:

The Sims 3:
[Version]
Latest = 1.17.60.009017
LatestBase = 1.24.3.012017

Priority 501
DirectoryFiles Files/... autoupdate
Priority 1000
PackedFile Overrides/*.package
PackedFile Overrides/*/*.package
PackedFile Overrides/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Overrides/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Overrides/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority 500
PackedFile Packages/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority 499
PackedFile Test/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority -50
PackedFile Probation/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority 500
PackedFile DCCache/*.dbc

And I attached the 3 screen shots below. I really like this Sim family and I built the most awesome house so I would hate to start over!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 7th Sep 2011 at 5:54 AM Last edited by Giga : 7th Sep 2011 at 6:09 AM.
Okay, so your issue (I assume) is the Framework Setup (as in the contents of it) should be in the Mods Folder.

This is what your file path should be: C:\Users\Your Name\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages
And this is what your file path currently is: C:\Users\Your Name\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Framework Setup\Mods\Packages

Edit: Ella gives good instructions. Just make sure that you extract the contents to the newly created Mods folder in the Sims 3 section (where everything else is). Again, look at the file path... there should be no Framework Setup folder there; packages, overrides, and .cfg should be in the Mods folder (I'm getting redundant so I'll stop there).

That should at least fix the issue of the test mods not working.

Good luck and hope that solves your issue! :D

"Goonies never say die."
In the Arena
retired moderator
#3 Old 7th Sep 2011 at 6:00 AM
You have not extracted the contents of the .zip file. Do this step:
Quote:
3. Extract the framework: Right-click on the FrameworkSetup.zip file and choose Extract Here
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Sep 2011 at 1:17 PM
Thank you both! Leave it to me to miss one simple step!

Okay now I got the no intro to work! I installed the Mod everyone suggested to get it to not freeze and now it just freezes as soon as the game loads. Any suggestions? I just get my Sim sitting on a park bench with everything else moving except the Sims and the clock!
In the Arena
retired moderator
#5 Old 7th Sep 2011 at 3:42 PM
Which mod did you get and which wiki did you follow? The Intermittent Freeze?
I thought the wiki states how to do a manual Immediate Action or cleanup (or whatever its called, I can't recall and don't have access to the game to check at the moment) with Overwatch or let the game run past 3am Sim time to let the clean-up script auto-trigger itself.

Can you do a "reset *" in the cheat console? Or no commands at all is being recognized, the freeze didn't clear up and you had to do a hard reset or CTRL+ALT+DEL to quit the game?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th Sep 2011 at 12:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharm3d
Which mod did you get and which wiki did you follow? The Intermittent Freeze?
I thought the wiki states how to do a manual Immediate Action or cleanup (or whatever its called, I can't recall and don't have access to the game to check at the moment) with Overwatch or let the game run past 3am Sim time to let the clean-up script auto-trigger itself.

Can you do a "reset *" in the cheat console? Or no commands at all is being recognized, the freeze didn't clear up and you had to do a hard reset or CTRL+ALT+DEL to quit the game?

Other sites suggested the Overwatch Mod but as soon as the game loaded and I hit the play button in live mode it froze and I had to CTRL+ALT+DEL to get out. It freezes (usually) at 12:05 game time each night. It says the Overwatch Mod is loaded now I just have to get to City Hall to activate it and see if it helps. I did the Resetsim * and that moved her back to her house but she froze at 12:05.

I haven't seen the Intermittent Freeze Wiki..I'll try to load the Overwatch one and if it doesn't work I can try the Intermittent Freeze one.

This might be a silly question but are "reset *" and "resetsim *" different? I am guessing so but I thought I'd double check! Thanks for all the help!

**Update** Just got the Overwatch Mod to load and started it at City Hall and game still froze..this time at 11:38 pm.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#7 Old 8th Sep 2011 at 9:54 AM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 9th Sep 2011 at 12:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharm3d
My bad, it should be "resetsim *".

No problem! I thought there was something new I hadn't tried!

I have done the Overwatch and tried to install the AwesomeMod (not sure it was successful because the game freezes) because I read in the wikis here that it can help and no luck. I have been told to save the household and move it to a new world. I don't know how to save the household, apparently, because none of my stuff or family saved, just the main Sim I started with. I really liked this Sim family too. I hate to start ALL over.