Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jan 2013 at 2:28 PM
Default Attention, Problem-solving about blue eyed bug
After researching at scribe table, I found problem solving about blue eyed bug. If you using mods "TZ - Dynamic Proffesion" by The Hollogram Man is the trouble. Bug will appears if you click "Edit In Cas" option in pie menu while using that mods. Your eyes will stay blue-dark color. But no problem, you can uninstal these mods and instal "Edit In Cas v2.0 (TSM : PaN) or lower" by Treeage". The eyes will look perfectly if you using "Flajiko Pure Eye xxxx (forget)" by Chickie Teeta #CMIIW.
Ok, thanks for your attentions!!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 26th Jan 2013 at 3:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RezaZaharaZen
After researching at scribe table, I found problem solving about blue eyed bug. If you using mods "TZ - Dynamic Proffesion" by The Hollogram Man is the trouble. Bug will appears if you click "Edit In Cas" option in pie menu while using that mods. Your eyes will stay blue-dark color. But no problem, you can uninstal these mods and instal "Edit In Cas v2.0 (TSM : PaN) or lower" by Treeage". The eyes will look perfectly if you using "Flajiko Pure Eye xxxx (forget)" by Chickie Teeta #CMIIW.
Ok, thanks for your attentions!!

It's not the mod, it's the wardrobe or editing in CAS alone that causes the bug. I've never used Dynamic Professions, the bug has something to do with the game not a mod or a combination of mods.
If you can't get the eye color to stick on what you chose, then exiting to the menu, reloading and editing in CAS again should make your chosen eye color stick.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Jan 2013 at 4:02 PM
I used the mods by TZ xxxxx so my character eyes never changed except blue (default bug) -_-
now i will try your theory, in my game
Test Subject
#4 Old 26th Jan 2013 at 8:02 PM
The blue eye bug was rampant in my first kingdom, long before I installed any mods. It's editing in cas or changing the outfit at the wardrobe that triggers it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Jan 2013 at 6:54 AM
Ok, after I have tested it yet, I never get that bug. I have installed Pirates and Nobles but the blue eye is not appears on my character. Fortunetly
Field Researcher
#6 Old 27th Jan 2013 at 9:33 AM
I used the mods by TZ xxxxx so my character eyes never changed except blue (default bug) -_-
now i will try your theory, in my game

Perhaps you don't plan your sims' outfits often enough. I do, and I usually get the blue eyes after 2 - 3 edits. Same for the makeup bug, although the makeup color never saves except for the eye contacts that I use to compensate f or the blue eyes, thank the Watcher.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 28th Jan 2013 at 1:50 PM
make-up bugs... yes that's very very intriguing me. When I change to different color, it's still yellow-dark color. Why this game is very full of bugs :'(
Scholar
#8 Old 28th Jan 2013 at 8:35 PM
I've heard a lot of people mention the make-up bug, but I've been fortunate enough to not have experienced much of that one so far. I've had it where eyeliner is dark green no matter what color I select and once or twice I've had it where all the eyeshadow was yellow, but a game/kingdom restart has made cas work as intended again. I haven't had it like the blue-eyed bug where the make-up gets switched in game.

The game isn't full of bugs, the only real bugs in the game are the blue-eyed and make-up bug.
I'd say the kneeling animation disappearing is a bug, although after having deliberately activated it for an entire kingdom I'm not entirely sure if the kneeling animation disappearing was intended or not, since it can become really over the top the fuller a kingdom is.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 28th Jan 2013 at 10:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ChickieTeeta
I've heard a lot of people mention the make-up bug, but I've been fortunate enough to not have experienced much of that one so far. I've had it where eyeliner is dark green no matter what color I select and once or twice I've had it where all the eyeshadow was yellow, but a game/kingdom restart has made cas work as intended again. I haven't had it like the blue-eyed bug where the make-up gets switched in game.

My eye shadow always switches to default grey, even if I save the color, so it's pretty much invisible. Sometimes if I make it perfectly black it turns out yellow. Same for the eyeliner but the eyeliner's black by default so it doesn't matter. I don't know about blush cause it never use it, the lipstick works fine. None of these are bugs that can't be fixed via a minor update but heh... EA...

The game isn't full of bugs

wat
Scholar
#10 Old 29th Jan 2013 at 12:17 AM
Frick I wish my eyeliner went black, since that's the color I'm normally looking for for eyeliner anyway, I get dark green if cas bugs. I was really disappointed to see the blue-eyed bug wasn't fixed with P&N.

I meant bugs happen because they're in the game code somewhere and they happen to everyone because they're written in, like the blue-eyed bug.
The other anomalies that can occur are glitches, where one piece of code doesn't execute properly but the rest does, and they don't happen to everyone, or even twice to the same person.
I had a doctor that slept naked long before naked clothing etc was available, only that one sim ever though, so not a bug.
I had 1 kingdom where the King would get out his bath and spin to get dressed but come out naked, again before the mods were available and only ever that one sim.
I've had a few instances in one kingdom of writing at the scribe table where he should have reached for a new sheet of paper but none appears, but he carries on writing and the script appears on the desk instead. They're all glitches, not bugs, and I kind of like the odd glitch here and there, gives each instance of a different kingdom or same sim-different kingdom a new behavior.
And most of the quests that are described as buggy aren't bugged, it's normally just something's been overlooked or not explained properly in the quest text.
So, aside from the blue eyed bug and the make-up bug I can't think of anything that occurs in everyone's game in every kingdom consistently. I have a really bad flu atm though so I've more than likely missed something that should make the bug list.

(Given that your system is responsible for executing the game code, I wonder how many of the odd glitches can be partially blamed on the system. I only wonder because I just built a new one last week. I didn't have any probs at all with my old game, and no glitch that was anywhere near game breaking, the worst glitch I ever had was when the King's armor in one kingdom made him glow orange permanently, when in normal clothes or naked or whatever, he just glowed orange (turns out he could be fixed by making him woohoo lol). I'm really hoping being on a new computer doesn't change anything for the worse in my game.)

Anyways, I'm away back to bed
Test Subject
#11 Old 29th Jan 2013 at 4:26 AM
The changing eyeshadow and eyeliner seems to be avoidable if you always use saved colors- at least, it doesn't seem to trigger the bug in that case. It might just be luck, though.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 29th Jan 2013 at 4:52 AM
after blue eyed and make-up bug, other major bug is the foreign benefits (gastrobury, crafthole, and tredony recipe) wouldn't appear in your spit/fireplace/oven. EA... please release the new patch for P&N to resolve this bug *hopefull
Field Researcher
#13 Old 29th Jan 2013 at 9:27 PM
I meant bugs happen because they're in the game code somewhere and they happen to everyone because they're written in, like the blue-eyed bug.
The other anomalies that can occur are glitches, where one piece of code doesn't execute properly but the rest does, and they don't happen to everyone, or even twice to the same person.
I had a doctor that slept naked long before naked clothing etc was available, only that one sim ever though, so not a bug.
I had 1 kingdom where the King would get out his bath and spin to get dressed but come out naked, again before the mods were available and only ever that one sim.
I've had a few instances in one kingdom of writing at the scribe table where he should have reached for a new sheet of paper but none appears, but he carries on writing and the script appears on the desk instead. They're all glitches, not bugs, and I kind of like the odd glitch here and there, gives each instance of a different kingdom or same sim-different kingdom a new behavior.
And most of the quests that are described as buggy aren't bugged, it's normally just something's been overlooked or not explained properly in the quest text.
So, aside from the blue eyed bug and the make-up bug I can't think of anything that occurs in everyone's game in every kingdom consistently. I have a really bad flu atm though so I've more than likely missed something that should make the bug list.

(Given that your system is responsible for executing the game code, I wonder how many of the odd glitches can be partially blamed on the system. I only wonder because I just built a new one last week. I didn't have any probs at all with my old game, and no glitch that was anywhere near game breaking, the worst glitch I ever had was when the King's armor in one kingdom made him glow orange permanently, when in normal clothes or naked or whatever, he just glowed orange (turns out he could be fixed by making him woohoo lol). I'm really hoping being on a new computer doesn't change anything for the worse in my game.)

Anyways, I'm away back to bed

Woohoo fixes everything (fact). Anyway, everybody gives their own definition to bugs and glitches, and all of them irrelevant cause at the end of the day they are one and the same thing: coding flaws / errors / nasty things / etc... I only started using TSM mods recently although I've been playing it since it first launched, and I've had more problems with it than I've had with The Sims 3 and it's buggiest expansion: World Adventures. What's worse, some problems carried over despite the fact that they had already been fixed in Sims 3 by the time Medieval was announced.
Scholar
#14 Old 30th Jan 2013 at 2:58 PM
after blue eyed and make-up bug, other major bug is the foreign benefits (gastrobury, crafthole, and tredony recipe) wouldn't appear in your spit/fireplace/oven. EA... please release the new patch for P&N to resolve this bug *hopefull

I don't have any problems with the Crafthole and Tredony recipes, but they're affected by territory loyalty. Try running a new kingdom and checking for them straight away, they should be there right at the start.
I agree about the Gastrobury one though and the xml that contains the benefits (potions, recipes, less quest points used etc) doesn't have the Gastrobury recipes listed in it, which may be the problem with it.
Scholar
#15 Old 31st Jan 2013 at 12:20 AM
Sausage Stew from Gastrobury.

One I added myself, just to see if I could, no title for it yet, but it works.
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 2nd Feb 2013 at 11:56 AM
waaoowww, thats amazing recipe. I haven't listed the Crafthole and Tredony recipes in any stove/ pit/ oven. that's was make me frustated, very frustated
Scholar
#17 Old 2nd Feb 2013 at 5:16 PM
waaoowww, thats amazing recipe. I haven't listed the Crafthole and Tredony recipes in any stove/ pit/ oven. that's was make me frustated, very frustated

Even at the very start of a new kingdom?

The only problem I've ever had with these recipes is when Crafthole was in rebellion (all the way in the red) and the Hunter's stew didn't disappear like it should have.
I had Tredony in Rebellion in the same kingdom, their recipes disappeared like they should have, but when they were out of rebellion the fine loaf recipe and drinks never re-appeared.

The problem's only ever occurred in that one kingdom though, and could have had something to do with an out of date mod that used the recipes xml (the one that Moraelin re-made to be compatible with P&N.)

Are you perhaps running an out of date mod?
Field Researcher
#18 Old 2nd Feb 2013 at 8:11 PM
The recipes always showed up for me, I never have had the makeup bug, and the blue-eyed bug only happens when I use a custom hair that overshades the eyes (some TS3 hairstyles will do this and some TS3 hat hairs too). Additionally there are some mods that will cause your cooking to go funky and then you will loose some recipes. I always install just one mod at a time in a folder I made named Test (I have hacked my Resource.cfg file which points to the mods folder to read my extra folders. I hope some of this info is helpful.
Scholar
#19 Old 2nd Feb 2013 at 9:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Silverprinz
The recipes always showed up for me, I never have had the makeup bug, and the blue-eyed bug only happens when I use a custom hair that overshades the eyes (some TS3 hairstyles will do this and some TS3 hat hairs too). Additionally there are some mods that will cause your cooking to go funky and then you will loose some recipes. I always install just one mod at a time in a folder I made named Test (I have hacked my Resource.cfg file which points to the mods folder to read my extra folders. I hope some of this info is helpful.

So does that mean you've seen the Gastrobury recipes in game?

Interesting, I always use my own hair colors, don't think I've ever used the ones that came with the game. I'll make my next character with an in-game color and see if that works.
I did have one kingdom where the eyes were fine all the way through, and I tried to make it bug thinking it was a fluke, but they never did.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 4th Feb 2013 at 8:57 PM
I have not unlocked them yet in the game I now have, but before my HD crash yes they did show.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 8th Mar 2013 at 12:11 PM
yes! before I successfully created this all of platinum achievement, Crafthole, Gastrobury and Tredony recipes are showed in recipes list. I never use out of date mods, and the problem came when the fire nation has arrived. oh kidding, sometimes the proffessional modders might hard working to solve blue eyed bug and benefits-recipes list that didn't shows
Field Researcher
#22 Old 8th Mar 2013 at 11:45 PM
Build a pyramid, I would like to see what it is... just me kidding, although there are some image files... probably some TS3 remnants I think.
Scholar
#23 Old 12th Apr 2013 at 1:35 AM
Since I already posted a pic of sausage stew here, I'll res this thread to show the other 2 Gastrobury recipes. I should have finished this ages ago, sorry to anyone who was actually waiting for it. (Really hope RezaZaharaZen is still around, since they were the one to mention the Gastrobury recipes)
They're available right from the start, but you'll still need Gastrobury allied to get the sausage, so not really cheaty :P
Also, they don't work in old kingdoms, only newly made ones. I've even tried going back to an old kingdom that didn't have Gastrobury allied and allying it but they still don't show up.

I'm also adding 2 new custom recipes in to the xml as well, and will upload it when I'm done with the stbl etc for that.
Hopefully, this will only be the start, because given the range of recipes that could probably be had, it would be a shame to leave it at just 2 new ones (relying on there not being a cap for number of recipes of course)

Screenshots
Scholar
#24 Old 12th Apr 2013 at 4:49 AM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 12th Apr 2013 at 3:26 PM.
Default New Recipe
New recipe post moved , see this thread for the info instead http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=500977
Instructor
#25 Old 12th Apr 2013 at 5:12 AM
So UK(PC) you are, do you watch Top Gear? Not to jest, it's my favorite UK show.. Sweet work, whatever dialect. Do fish and chips really come with fries? You disappoint me now.
Page 1 of 2