Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jan 2010 at 3:26 AM
Default Problem with making Default Replacement Object
I'm having a problem with the textures of a default replacement object I am making, and Im not understanding why the textures are not working. I made a default replacement police car, but the textures don't seem to actually over ride the original, even though it shows the custom textures in S3PE. The thing is though, I see my custom textures in the program, but not in the game. I was having the same problem with a phone I created also.

Am I doing something wrong? The way I've cloned these objects are by cloning them in s30c like this > Am I cloning it wrong? Any ideas would be more than appreciated, thanks!

Mesh works, textures don't.
Advertisement
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#2 Old 20th Jan 2010 at 4:57 AM
Well, you cloned it right. I cloned it and changed two of the images:

It worked for me. Maybe they got renumbered somehow? You could check the img instance numbers against the ones in the material's TGI block.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Jan 2010 at 8:57 PM
Hmm, I check the material's TGI block (although not sure if I did that right), and it seems to be the same number as the img instance numbers.

The first time I ever made a default replacement it worked, but ever since then, I've tried it several times with different objects, and it hasn't worked.

I appreciate you trying to do it with your own police car, it means a lot!

I'll be playing around some more in S3PE to see if I can fix it. Thanks!
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#4 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 3:21 AM
So, I tried again, just to make sure. Brand new package, totally different textures. But, when I put in game, it was the texture from the previous package. So I took my car out, and started the game again; same textures. And I was clearing my caches the whole time. All but the World Caches. So I got rid of those(Riverview; where I tested the car), put my car back in, and it worked. Did you test your mesh in game without changing the textures first, then try it with the textures? If so, that may explain why your textures aren't working.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Alchemist
#5 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 4:01 AM
The object ones in the worldcache have bit me before. They definitely need deletion when you are changing packages the way we do for mod making. For mod users, not so important.

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Jan 2010 at 12:44 AM
Thank you both of you!

I was actually having some other problems with my game, so I reinstalled my game, and put in the package, and it works! Thank you so much cmo and Wes