Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#151 Old 1st Apr 2010 at 7:19 PM
Thank you for this joke. It's really great for all of us who speak English as a second language. I don't understand anything anymore and that's just hilarious. Imagine my joy for being banned from the creative community for two weeks.
I do however want to say a real thank you to all the amazing creators who have made it possible to play the Sims in ways the game designers never intended.
Advertisement
Scholar
#152 Old 1st Apr 2010 at 7:34 PM Last edited by whiterider : 1st Apr 2010 at 7:50 PM.
I don't remember where I read it on the site, but a moderator or an admin said yesterday that the site would be back to normal within 24-48 hours.

The day before and the day after April Fool's Day?

SAUSAGE SAMMICHES! I love it!

EDIT: Nope, sorry. Wasn't staff - just somebody with a different colour on their username.
Banned
#153 Old 1st Apr 2010 at 7:45 PM
I was wondering why the words were all messed up! I was thinking the site had gone...GERMAN or something!
Lab Assistant
#154 Old 1st Apr 2010 at 7:49 PM
Is there a holy road to not laugh your ass of? April, april...

Tumblr: Springbunnysims
Test Subject
#155 Old 1st Apr 2010 at 7:58 PM
i like it looks realy good cheers
Scholar
#156 Old 1st Apr 2010 at 8:24 PM
Thanks, I like England and London veeeeeeeeery much, and this was quiet fun, but I more like it as it looks now

The end of magical Pegasaus's era through the world of sims
Top Secret Researcher
#157 Old 1st Apr 2010 at 8:22 PM
I thought it might have been for April fools day (actually I hoped).
But it could only be a joke if it happened on the first of April and it started on the 31st of March.
So no wonder everybody believed it. I prefer April fools day being on the first day of April not the last day of March.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
transmogrified
retired moderator
#158 Old 1st Apr 2010 at 8:39 PM
Teachable moment! lientebollemeis, your homework is to read up on time zones.
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#159 Old 1st Apr 2010 at 8:40 PM
Awww I liked it =(

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Banned
#160 Old 1st Apr 2010 at 8:38 PM
It was annoying. I'm glad it's gone!
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#161 Old 1st Apr 2010 at 8:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Berry-chan97
It was annoying. I'm glad it's gone!

It was fun =) The site is always the same and those changes made it look different. It helped me with my challenge thingy ^-^

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Test Subject
#162 Old 1st Apr 2010 at 9:04 PM
Thank-you, Thank-you, Thank-you!!!!! My computer thanks you!!!
Top Secret Researcher
#163 Old 1st Apr 2010 at 9:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mangaroo
Teachable moment! lientebollemeis, your homework is to read up on time zones.

Oh, I know all about timezones. But maybe the ones who made up the april fool joke should have thought about them as well!
And still. It started here (Belgium) on 31st of March at 9PM. That makes it afternoon of 31st of March in America (where I think the makers of this site live)
So that doesn't change anything about what I said. It started on the 31st of March anyway.
That was my point!

But anyway, I'm glad it's gone. It was the most annoying thing, really!

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Lab Assistant
#164 Old 1st Apr 2010 at 9:23 PM
aahhhh it's back to normal!! really couldn't stop laughing at the beginning, great idea and great amount of work!! Thank you!
I'm not native english speaker but have slight ideas what some words mean, t still had problem reading few things but it didn't annoy me as I wasn't in rush that much;-)
Forgot that is was April fool and seriously thought it was gonna go on for 2weeks! ahaha
Zombie Socks
#165 Old 1st Apr 2010 at 9:42 PM
Thank you so much for changing it back! The site was pretty much unusable all day and it was driving me nuts!

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Scholar
#166 Old 1st Apr 2010 at 9:49 PM
Much easier to read now, haha!
So was it an April Fools joke or nay? It was April 1 here when it started so it possibly was a joke spreading out into everyones April Fools.

Georgie. Aka Geah
Flickr × MTS Yearbook
27.11.08|17.12.08|24.06.09|06.06.10|24.07.10|19.11.2010
Kia Kaha
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#167 Old 1st Apr 2010 at 9:54 PM
lientebollemeis - Um, we did think about time zones - and you're wrong about the start. It was turned on at about 10:30 PM (with some fixes and tweaks for a couple hours after that) on the 31st here in the Netherlands, and turned off about 22 hours later. The site is hosted in the US and we have some US staff but I'd say the majority of staff here are in Europe.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#168 Old 1st Apr 2010 at 9:51 PM
lientebollemeis: I most certainly don't live in the US and in fact it went live at 10pm CET, not 9pm. Besides, who says we have to follow convention? I can, and did, choose to put the stuff live before the 1st deliberately.

Nearly half the world was already in the 1st anyway. Or did you suddenly forget the people to the East?

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Lab Assistant
#169 Old 1st Apr 2010 at 10:00 PM
Is there a translator or something? I received a PM in the time it was activated and I can't read it nor has it been converted back.
Top Secret Researcher
#170 Old 1st Apr 2010 at 10:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
lientebollemeis: I most certainly don't live in the US and in fact it went live at 10pm CET, not 9pm. Besides, who says we have to follow convention? I can, and did, choose to put the stuff live before the 1st deliberately.

Nearly half the world was already in the 1st anyway. Or did you suddenly forget the people to the East?

Not at all hae I forgotten.
It was just really annoying to many people here as I read the comments.
Let's leave it to that.

Top Secret Researcher
#171 Old 1st Apr 2010 at 10:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
lientebollemeis - Um, we did think about time zones - and you're wrong about the start. It was turned on at about 10:30 PM (with some fixes and tweaks for a couple hours after that) on the 31st here in the Netherlands, and turned off about 22 hours later. The site is hosted in the US and we have some US staff but I'd say the majority of staff here are in Europe.

Well this is what I see at the top of the first message:
Yesterday, 09:19 PM Changes to the site

That's more nine than ten right?

But anyway as I said. It was just annoying and I'm glad it's gone.
I hope next year the joke will be more fun.

Lab Assistant
#172 Old 1st Apr 2010 at 10:26 PM
Delphy, I make sure I turn up at MTS every year on the 1st of April because it always gives me a chuckle. I hold fond memories of the year you guys said you were bought by EA, the Zorro was wonderfully dreadful.. Good work this year, it was really funny.

My home site is http://www.sublimesims.net/
Lab Assistant
#173 Old 1st Apr 2010 at 10:53 PM
This one was pretty awesome. A shame you took it down. I enjoy these every year. Loved "Mod Your Llama", too!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#174 Old 1st Apr 2010 at 11:34 PM
Eh, there's always gotta be a pile of people with no sense of humour. Party poopers. :P

Glad most of ya'll liked it. The theme should still be available - choose any other theme and then change the number on the url to 37.

Those of you that didn't like it can kisseth mine arse.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Field Researcher
#175 Old 1st Apr 2010 at 11:54 PM
Aww, it's already over
Well honestly, I had a ball reading random snatches of forum in this crypto-anglo-speak ( ). I was cackling away before my computer all by myself like a fool. I love this kind of jokes. And I'm not a born English speaker either.
It was pretty obvious it was an April's fool joke anyway, so pooh to the nay-sayers. I thoroughly enjoyed it. (I love to cackle ! )

Besides, my sig was even more hilarious that way (albeit even more incomprehensible than usual…) ^^.
Page 7 of 8