Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Dec 2014 at 1:15 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default 70s, 80s & 90s Stuff disappearing.
I know what is causing this problem, and I can (sort of) fix it, I'd just like to know why its happening and if its something wrong with my game. I recently had to re-install 70s, 80s & 90s Stuff, since for some then unknown reason all the items had disappeared. Today I ran Clary Utilities registry cleanup and then I started up Sims 3. After loading my current game I got a message saying that some items could not be loaded and had been replaced, On investigation I found it was, once again everything from the said Stuff Pack. Suspecting the cause I used the restore feature on Clary Utilities and bingo, everything is fine again. I have flagged those registry entries so that the the program will ignore them in future. But why should that happen? And why just with that particular stuff pack?
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#2 Old 15th Dec 2014 at 2:02 PM
Well, I suppose it is my fault for not paying attention to what I'm doing. I tried uninstalling 70s, 80s and 90s stuff again, then running Clary Utilities before re-installing it, (I thought the thing may not have been properly un-installed the first time). Made no difference, the registry entries still show as pointing to non-existent files. Very odd. The stuff is all showing up fine in the game. I shall just have to be more careful in future.