Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 11:01 AM Last edited by Chax : 18th Nov 2020 at 9:32 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default -------
-------
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 12:39 PM
The lots will still work; the EP items will be replaced by base game objects, or just don't show up at all.
Theorist
#3 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 4:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chax
Hi everyone,

I want custom community lots, such as shops, but everything that looks nice requires EPs that I don't own (Paradise Island, Into the future etc). I often see in the description creators say "you'll need those EPs for the lot to look exactly as above". What I want to know is, can I still download them ? If I don't own all required EPs, will it still work and only delete the content that I don't have ? Because I really like some of these lots. x(
An example : http://www.thesimsresource.com/down...gar/id/1236131/
I'm going to look on MTS as well, because at least here we can search by EPs we have (nice feature by the way - TSR lacks it).

Thank you. :lovestruc

You can download anything, but the problem is, you may take all the time to download / install something and it could very well turn into a pile of shizz right before your eyes. If the 'fix' as it were is something simple like replacing windows, doors or something of that nature, those are easy. However, you could run into a issue where you practically have to rebuild a lot which for some people isn't a big deal. However, if you're not into that kind of thing, it may prove to be a bigger headache than what it's worth.

Many custom worlds work without all 'required' EPs being installed, but again, it should be approached with some awareness that there is a chance however slight that something isn't going to look right. Either a lot is wonky, or cc content items were replaced with something the game plunked down ( urns seem to be a favorite choice), ect...