Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
#26 Old 14th May 2015 at 9:31 AM
Small update (I've re-uploaded the attachment again).
  • Added a check to see if Sims are grounded.
  • Added a new tunable field to enable/disable a check to see if Sims are in a grouping situation
    (date, group, pack, other?). Still have to test what happens when enabled and Sims are in a group,
    I guess the group will be disbanded (unless the Sim is the leader? I don't remember how that works).

I'd like to know what happens if the mod's timer triggers when Sims are mounting on a horse.

Still looking for a fix for unending visits to residential lots.
Or is the player supposed to "manually" send the Sim home? Nah, I don't think so.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#27 Old 18th May 2015 at 5:14 AM
So I've been testing the mod and it's been working great!

Some quick questions- how often will sims get pushed out to a community lot and what are the chances that while they're on a community lot, that they be pushed either to another community lot or home?

One future idea could also be to push sims out to community lots to fulfill their needs (i.e. house does not have fridge, sim goes to diner to eat).

Again, thanks for the mod, and it's another step in making our sims more realistic and less robot-like!
Inventor
#28 Old 18th May 2015 at 8:32 AM Last edited by Arsil : 18th May 2015 at 8:42 AM.
Thanks for your feedback.

# how often will sims get pushed out to a community lot

Default setting is 65 sim-minutes, but it's xml tunable. The idea was to use:
- a long timer with high chances to get out
- a short timer with low chances to get out
- anything in between
ATM it uses a relatively short timer with high chances to get out so it's easier to test the
mod, but I guess it's also a valid setting if you want Sims to get out autonomously often.

The lower the timer, the more the mod will tax the game's performances (I hope I translated that correctly).

# and what are the chances that while they're on a community lot, that they be pushed either to another community lot or home?

Zero. I mean, that doesn't depend by the mod. But I noticed that if they visit a residential lot they tend to stay there indefinitely.
Unless that is standard behaviour (the player is supposed to command them to go home), but I doubt it, it's a bug.
I'll try to fix it, but you can disable residential lots as candidate destinations tuning the xml as temporary solution
(or simply because you don't want them to visit residential lots autonomously).

# One future idea could also be to push sims out to community lots to fulfill their needs (i.e. house does not have fridge, sim goes to diner to eat).

I'll think about your suggestion.
ATM the opposite happens. The default settings say that if motives are below a threshold (xml tunable for each motive)
they should stay home (in theory to fulfil them).

# Again, thanks for the mod, and it's another step in making our sims more realistic and less robot-like!

One of the main purposes that pushed me to do it was to spice up the game a little.
Usually I prefer to watch Sims rather than micromanage them, so automatically sending them
to "random" destinations would create new and interesting situations without intervention and
premeditation: if you send them to the gym then you expect them to exercise, it's a planned
thing, but if they go there "spontaneously" then it's a kind of surprise. Does that make sense? ^^
Inventor
#29 Old 22nd May 2015 at 1:37 PM Last edited by Arsil : 22nd May 2015 at 1:51 PM.
Uploaded a new version with a small update (download at http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...068#post4755068)

I've added an on/off switch to the mailbox so you can enable/disable the mod while playing.
Why? Because, oh boy, this mod can be annoying sometimes!

If for some reason you don't get the interaction (it's only supposed to appear on your active
home mailbox), delete and re-place the mailbox.

EDIT: and exactly 16 seconds after uploading, it occurred to me that some houses might not
use the classic mailbox but the "walled" one(s)... oh, well, I'm not in the mood to check if
the interaction works there too, if not, I'll rectify that in the next update.
EDI2: yeah, it should work there too.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 23rd May 2015 at 2:07 AM
does this mod autonomously push them to go home as well? if they visit a community lot i mean, not residential
Inventor
#31 Old 23rd May 2015 at 8:09 AM
Nope, it only pushes Sims to go out when they are in their home lot.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 23rd May 2015 at 10:48 PM
Thanks, and I was wondering if you were going to upload this or make a new thread for it in creator feedback? This thread might die and it'll be pushed back with the mod.
Inventor
#33 Old 24th May 2015 at 11:13 AM
When I'll have time and will, I'll try to fix the issue with residential visits, then maybe I'll upload it.
Or maybe I'll leave it here, like other mods that I didn't care to officially release, a buried and
forgotten item for forum's scavengers.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 26th May 2015 at 3:52 AM
aww, i don't want it to be buried and forgotten. a lot of people will find use out of this.

i wonder if there's any way for the mod to check if there are other interactions in the sims queue before they decide to randomly leave (i had just had my sims husband queue up an interaction for her but she left right away), also why they go to pointless places such as the criminal rabbit hole.. like, the whole leaving to just go there for no reason. i
Inventor
#35 Old 26th May 2015 at 11:08 AM
# i wonder if there's any way for the mod to check if there are other interactions in the sims queue before they decide to randomly leave

Sure. That's how it worked at first but using a long timer there's the risk that Sims will never
or rarely leave because they will often have something in their queue. Now it only checks if
there a user directed (or another high priority) interaction in the queue.
I agree that it's annoying, if I find a better way to handle that I'll do it.

# also why they go to pointless places such as the criminal rabbit hole.. like, the whole leaving to just go there for no reason.

Well, don't expect them to do clever choices, it's mostly random and based on traits/skills/career
(those excluded/encouraged by community venues). Anyway, you can configure it to not go where
there is no one (uhm, but I guess Sims inside a rabbit hole count too, I'll have to check that out).
Or disable kAllowNoVisitorsLot (usually lots with rabbit holes use that lot type).

Thanks. Keep reporting the things you don't like or find strange ^^
Page 2 of 2