Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 1:54 PM
Default Custom Neighborhood Spawns ??
So i just moved my Sim out from one custom neighborhood to another last night and i can't fish or find any sort of collectibles. (random seeds, flowers, ores..)
When i try to snorkel or fish, my sim does so indefinitely for hours and does not find or catch anything.
Also, from my master controller's notifications, i see activity from other sims but i never see them when i go to shops or out to the towns.
Is there any way i can reset my town to start spawning these things and with more townie sims ? It's already hard to play this game. This is so frustrating
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 2:07 PM
You mean Story Progression because Master Controller doesn't have notifications.
If you are fishing in a spot without a fish spawner, your sim won't catch anything.
Have you tried TravelerĀ“s force spawner option?
You can also try Master ControllerĀ“s reset everything.

Vivi e lascia vivere.
My blog Simplex Sims for more elder and teen CC.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 2:10 PM
i'll try resetting. What is the force spawner ?
i've fished and collected things from this neighborhood previously so i'm not sure what's going on.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 2:37 PM
From Traveler interactions page:
Code:
Force Spawners
When used, all insect/rock/metal spawners in the world are immediately updated

Vivi e lascia vivere.
My blog Simplex Sims for more elder and teen CC.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 5:14 PM Last edited by lolalule : 27th Mar 2015 at 5:31 PM.
You also could place spawners on community lots via buydebug. Maybe the worldbuilder didnt set any spawners?

Im not a native speaker
dodgy builder
#6 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 7:06 PM
I've got the impression fish will still spawn, placing spawners just ensures the players has what's needed for the gameplay. If you don't get anything it might be a mods issue.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 8:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sim mania
From Traveler interactions page:
When used, all insect/rock/metal spawners in the world are immediately updated[/CODE]

Provided the world creator included the spawners
DebugEnabler will also force spawning

If you don't see the spawners in build in Edit Town you can add them as lolalule suggested. I believe testingcheats, buydebug on has to be enabled for this.

Quote:
Also, from my master controller's notifications, i see activity from other sims but i never see them when i go to shops or out to the towns.
Is there any way i can reset my town to start spawning these things and with more townie sims ? It's already hard to play this game. This is so frustrating

Tagger has a variety of options that are visible on the lot and sim tags for both actives and inactives including what they are doing, age, occult, etc. depending upon how you set them.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 12:19 AM
Where would i find the spawners in edit town ? Will any of these things allow the world to spawn random seeds, flowers, bugs, ores all around the land ?
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 2:32 AM
You need testingcheatsenabled true and buydebug on in Edit Town

When you are in Edit Town you would need to select a lot and go into the lot .. if the world builder put spawners on the lot you will see a big white circle with a box that has a picture of what the spawner is.
If there are no spawners on the lot and you want to add them go into buy mode ... because you have testingcheatsenabled and buydebug on there should be a question mark visible. Click on the question mark and it will bring up the spawners..then select the fish hook for fish spawners (note: Rodents and Bird spawners are in with Fish Spawners so look around to see what is available) ..next to that Gardening Plants/Seeds...Then Gem/Metal ...Insects

Once you place the spawners they will spawn seeds, bugs, etc on or near the lot where you placed them....not in the entire world. Sometimes it takes a couple of sim days for them to begin to spawn
You can use the Collection Helper to look for them if you want to make sure they are spawning.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 4:36 AM
k
Oh so that's what happens when the seeds and bugs spawn ? They are just spawners all over the world ? i never knew that.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 5:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Reiri
k
Oh so that's what happens when the seeds and bugs spawn ? They are just spawners all over the world ? i never knew that.

Yes they are pretty much all over the world but need to be placed by the worlds creator. Most world creators place some spawners (some many and some only a few) and there are some who do not include them.
nikel123 has a good spawner mod Here