Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 6:14 PM Last edited by Chax : 18th Nov 2020 at 9:33 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default -------
-------
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 6:43 PM
There are many reasons a game could lag. Besides the endless pit of what can cause lag, the word conflict comes with many meanings.

Is this stuff showing up in your game?
Theorist
#3 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 6:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chax
Well, I think it's CC because my game doesn't lag when there is no CC in it. I've read lags caused my CC can come from bad CC and from too much CC.

Mhh... I actually don't know. I'm going to write down names of sets and go check into my game.

Based on your answer, yes, too much cc can cause lag.

I want to tell you to use the 50-50 method to figure this out, but I'm not sure if that's the best way to go. At least not at the moment.

I say this because if there are any recolors you've downloaded and they required a mesh which for whatever reason didn't come with the the download, that will cause a conflict. Some cc creators will make a recolor of something, but the actual mesh to make the object work is somewhere else. TSR is notorious for doing this. When this kind of stuff happens, it makes your computer work harder is it's trying to display something that isn't there, which can also cause lag.
Theorist
#4 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 8:18 PM
So I've looked a bit and everything seems to be in my game. I'm going to delete duplicated but other than that, I don't know what to do

Since everything shows up, you have all the required meshes. Your game would do weird, obvious things is there was a problem.

Removing the duplicates is a good start. Try loading your game after that and see if it's still lagging. If it does, pick a number of cc items to remove ( you don't have to delete them, just move them to your desktop or something), clear all caches and see if the lag goes away. If it doesn't, then continue this process until you're happy with how your game runs.

The only reason I'm not giving you a specific number is because everybody has their own idea of what a good amount of cc is considered acceptable. I don't have squat for cc in my game, but I do have lots of mods. There is far too many 'stupid things' about this game that drive me insane, so I mod them out.

Clearly this isn't a mod problem, so I don't have any other suggestions. You can try a program that compresses cc, but I'm not sure if they actually do anything or not. The one time I tried using a program like that, it corrupted my game, so I'm not a big fan of them in the first place. I'd rather have a few favorites around for cc then dealing with the mess should things get ugly.
Theorist
#5 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 8:41 PM
I have 2182 items in my Mods file = 1.63Go. I don't know if that's a lot or not.

I think perhaps the Dashboard is seeing conflicts that don't exist ? Because I have sorted the packages in alphabetic order and -after deleting the duplicates, I still have 290 conflicts- none of them has the same name. It's sets. For example, it says that "ArtVitalex FaktumHoleShelfOfCounter" conflicts with "ArtVitalex Faktum Counter". Can I disable all conflicted items ? Will I be able to get them back ?

I only have mere 40.3 MB worth, so I'm not the best person to make a judgement call on what is too much.

I don't think it's so much that it sees things that don't exist, instead it may be picking on meshes that are used and repeated. If the mesh from the counter is used for the HoleShelfCounter, it thinks there is a double of something. Lots of objects for TS3 are made from other things.

I don't know if you'll get them back or not. I don't see any reason why you shouldn't, but to be on the safe side if you decide to try it, make sure you have the files somewhere in the event they are lost.