Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 5:52 AM
Default Sims Three CAS Stuff
Does anyone know of any mods that will permanently show the CAS in compact mode ? Or will modify anything in CAS to make it faster ? Any suggestions ?
Also, the same thing, but with setting individual hairs for each outfit ? i love creating Sims but Sims three always fails me with its load times. They are so irritating and it's so hard to play it.
If i only download custom clothes and find a mod that hides all of the in game clothes will that do anything ?
Thanks.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 6:19 AM
NRaas Master Controller :Check out the options available under CAS Category Changes On This Page
Kuree's EasyCASP Editor is an easy to use tool that allows you to hide CAS items you don't want to see in CAS . More detail and a link to download the Editor can be found On This Page

Also for setting different hairstyles for outfits click on the little padlock on the upper right side of the window that displays the hairs. When that is unlocked you'll be able to use individual hair styles.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 6:23 AM
i have the Master Controller and i use it for this, but i was talking something to keep it that way. i often go straight into the game and forget to turn it on and i have to wait and wait and then go to a lot and set it.
i just found a clothing and hair hider that's really good. Thanks.

i know that. i'm saying is there an easier way to do it. i would have to wait thirty seconds for my clothes and sim to load on pajamas etc, and then i would have to wait for the hairs to load just to be able to set the hair for it.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 6:30 AM
Not sure what you mean by having to turn it on. Are you accessing Master Controller from City Hall or a computer>NRaas>MasterController>Settings>CAS and changing the values?
It might help make things go a bit faster but that really depends on your system and how much content you have installed.

Note: In case you missed it, I edited my original response with some info on the hair for each outfit.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 6:39 AM
Oh scratch that. That hider was for sims two. Sniff sniff.
What do you mean ?
Let me try again. The loads times in CAS are very slow so i set the clothes, accesories, etc to show in compact form. It helps with load times. The problem is, you have to set it to show in compact form each time you start up a new game. i'm usually making a new sim when i start up a new game so i can never turn it on because i have never found a way to bring up the master controller anywhere other than playing on an actual lot. All of the suggestions that i have seen don't work. i was originally asking are there any mods out there that will allow the clothing, accessories to always show in compact form and save me from the inevitable load. Or, i was asking if i find a way to hide all of the maxis content in the entire cas and only download my own custom content will it eliminate the load times completely. But you just answered that one.

Yes and i edited mine in response to yours.

With the hairs, it's the same thing. You have to load a clothing tab (pajamas, athletic, everyday etc) and then wait for all of those clothes to load AND for the sim to load and then switch over to the hair settings and wait for those too. THEN you can scroll through and pick the hair. i was wondering was there a mod for that too to make setting hairs for each different outfit simpler. i've seen one solution but i have yet to try it out.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 6:50 AM Last edited by barbarat : 27th Mar 2015 at 7:10 AM.
Reiri..I have clothing and accessories in compact form and those settings stay that way as well as the other settings I've done. I asked you how you were making the settings? If you are just doing that while in CAS or a Lot they will go back to default the next time you load CAS. Are you accessing from City Hall as I suggested above.

Again, using EasyCASP to hide CAS items means they won't load and that should help you with your loading time.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 6:57 AM
Forgot to add, if you do not want to use EasyCASP to hide CAS EP items you can also do that by accessing MC from City Hall and then Settings> CAS>Hide By Pack and chose which EP's you want hidden.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 1:48 PM
Oh okay i'll try that. i wonder why it's like that in the first place.
Oh okay thanks.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 5:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Reiri
With the hairs, it's the same thing. You have to load a clothing tab (pajamas, athletic, everyday etc) and then wait for all of those clothes to load AND for the sim to load and then switch over to the hair settings and wait for those too. THEN you can scroll through and pick the hair. i was wondering was there a mod for that too to make setting hairs for each different outfit simpler. i've seen one solution but i have yet to try it out.

Hello Reiri .. sorry I just noticed I did not answer your question: I do not know of a mod to set hair for each different outfit so it remains that way whenever you pull up the outfit. BUT once you have CAS cleaned up using either EasyCASP or disabling EP CAS items using and/or adjusting a few of the other settings in MC you will find loading will improve. Just make sure to adjust those settings from City Hall or a computer as I detailed above to make them the defaults....not from a lot, the sim or while in CAS.

Since I've been using EasyCASP my load times in CAS are much faster. I'll admit though it took many hours to go through all the EP's/SP's. I was shocked to see the assignments EA used. Swimwear checked for Outerwear, Outerwear checked for Nightwear, etc. etc. No wonder it took so long to load CAS. Those hours I spent cleaning it up and it was well worth the time and effort. I also unticked Allow For Random on a lot of items and my Townies aren't running around in all kinds of weird outfits as often.

Hope this has helped you out somewhat and your getting things the way you would like to see them in your game.
Inventor
#10 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 5:42 PM
I think what Reiri is asking is if there's a way to have those settings enabled by default in a new game
(from what I understood, he/she is more interested in using CAS than in playing the game - or maybe
simply want a faster CAS from the beginning of a new game).

Since MC (and the Integration module who deals with CAS) doesn't use an XML to store its default
settings, I don't think it's possible (not without re-compiling the code after customizing them, but even
in that way I guess not everything could be enabled, e.g. not the blacklist's entries).

The only good news is that the settings are exportable/importable, so once you fine tune them the
first time, you can export them and then you can import them in new games (but even to import them
you first have to deal with the "slow" CAS if you want to create a new family/Sim).

Maybe there's a way to import the settings automatically when a new game is created, but that probably
goes beyond the scope of the mod and would require some non trivial modifications.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 6:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Arsil
I think what Reiri is asking is if there's a way to have those settings enabled by default in a new game
(from what I understood, he/she is more interested in using CAS than in playing the game - or maybe
simply want a faster CAS from the beginning of a new game).
Since MC (and the Integration module who deals with CAS) doesn't use an XML to store its default
settings, I don't think it's possible (not without re-compiling the code after customizing them, but even
in that way I guess not everything could be enabled, e.g. not the blacklist's entries).
The only good news is that the settings are exportable/importable, so once you fine tune them the
first time, you can export them and then you can import them in new games (but even to import them
you first have to deal with the "slow" CAS if you want to create a new family/Sim).
Maybe there's a way to import the settings automatically when a new game is created, but that probably
goes beyond the scope of the mod and would require some non trivial modifications.

I was understanding a little differently...that in the game she is playing she has to keep resetting and where she was resetting things from a lot or sim that will not stay in place and needs to be reset each time she loads a game. However if in that same game she uses the MC settings options from City Hall those settings will remain in place for that game only. You are correct, if she is indeed talking about a new game she will need to import the settings from the game she is currently playing.

You brought up another good point ...MC Integration. I was assuming the OP had that module installed. Thanks
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 4:33 AM
i just explained myself again so you could understand. Arsil was right and i just experienced it. i went to the City Hall like you said and i set the settings to show as compact, but i loaded a new neighborhood and everything took so long to load and nothing was compact. When i finished in CAS and went to change the settings again, i noticed that all of my settings were set to true but nothing showed up that way in CAS.

i've heard of that in another thread i was reading. Maybe i should install the integration.
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 5:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Reiri
i just explained myself again so you could understand. Arsil was right and i just experienced it. i went to the City Hall like you said and i set the settings to show as compact, but i loaded a new neighborhood and everything took so long to load and nothing was compact. When i finished in CAS and went to change the settings again, i noticed that all of my settings were set to true but nothing showed up that way in CAS.

i've heard of that in another thread i was reading. Maybe i should install the integration.

If you set your settings in one neighborhood and load a new neighborhood you need to export the current settings to a Library file and then import those settings for the new neighborhood or manually reset them for the new world. There are instructions on how to do that on This Page
Yes, do also install Integration, sorry, I thought you already had the Integration Module in.