Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#2276 Old 31st May 2009 at 3:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CleoTheMuse
Am I a sheeple?

Are we sheeple?

I'm pretty sure it's either really terrible humor or they are a bit insecure.

Or just mean, whichever

I appreciate the site though, it can be informative if you can weed through the um, 'humor'. And the hacks are of course wonderful.

Never feel bad for having your own opinion. You are not a "sheeple" for not agreeing with them.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2277 Old 31st May 2009 at 3:15 AM
People at MATY suck, and the only enjoyment they get out of anything is the enjoyment they get out of bagging everything that people enjoy. IGNORE the people at MATY, they know nothing about fun. Only about sucking it out of everyone else.
Lab Assistant
#2278 Old 31st May 2009 at 3:26 AM
These screenshots are wonderful...I really can't wait to get it and play around wih everything in CAS!

Just call me Sam :]
Field Researcher
#2279 Old 31st May 2009 at 3:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by love247_jo
- Some male hairstyles:

{snip}
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l...247_jo/male.jpg

- Some female hairstyles:

{snip}
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l...7_jo/female.jpg

Thank you very much... does seem as though we're getting a lot less than the TS2 base came with... or am I just remembering wrong? 15 hairs w/hats... seems like less anyway.

Peace

I am not bigoted for race, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, or age... I do, however, have a big problem with stupidity, and stupidity knows no boundaries.
Lab Assistant
#2280 Old 31st May 2009 at 3:35 AM Last edited by kohakuchan : 31st May 2009 at 3:47 AM.
I'm excited too...but then I go to MATY and they say that if you're excited, you are one of the sheeple.

Am I a sheeple?

Are we sheeple?

Sims 3 is just a video game right?

Why did they turn it all into a crazy political statement and by proxy makes me feel bad about wanting to have fun playing a video game?

Ugh, MATY. Like others said, just ignore them. :/ They're probably so caught up in believing it'll be a bad game that they can't think that it might actually be good, and apparently hating on everything EA does makes you one of the cool kids now. I don't doubt that there will be things I don't like about the game, because there were things I didn't like about TS2, but I'm not going to let it ruin my fun.

And besides, with all the awesome modders around here, I don't doubt that anything I don't like will be fixed before long anyway.
Field Researcher
#2281 Old 31st May 2009 at 3:47 AM
Cleo - The people at MATY just enjoy yelling. The fact that you are having doubts about being a sheeple is strong evidence that you are not one: sheeple don't think.

While its easy to get caught up in the hysteria of MATY, keep in mind that they have to get themselves riled up enough to actually bother fixing the game. So in theory we all benefit from their tirades, just not in the realm of self-esteem.
Instructor
#2282 Old 31st May 2009 at 3:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JaneSamborski
So in theory we all benefit from their tirades, just not in the realm of self-esteem.

Hooray for tirades! I officially volunteer to be a sheeple if that fuels the fires of their inspiration!
Field Researcher
#2283 Old 31st May 2009 at 7:39 AM
Sims 3 is just a video game right? (

Indeed! Most of us have far more important things in our lives, such as work issues, ill loved ones, etc.

When all is said and done, Sims 3 is a nice distraction from the seriousness that comes with life in general. Sure, I find myself a bit upset with how the sims look and all, but I'm no sheeple for being overall excited about this game. Emphasis on GAME.

Over and out.
Field Researcher
#2284 Old 31st May 2009 at 8:53 AM
really nice screenshots.. im excited really excited, but if that makes me what MATY says then so be it, I've been talking nonstop Sims to my bf for almost 2 weeks now, hell even when my brother came to visit i insisted on showing him the G4 videos and he doesnt even like the sims.. so baaaaaaaa if thats what it makes me
Theorist
#2285 Old 31st May 2009 at 9:13 AM
The people over there tend to get a bit uptight about sheeple and end up referring to some who aren't as sheeple anyway. Basically what it boils down to, is if a person has the common sense to read all of the information and take everything into consideration, and base a decision on that, they're not a sheeple. Non-sheeple people can still get excited about a game but will also remember that likelier than not, it will be released with major bugs and will be way less than perfect. The general populous of the sheeple appear as if they would follow EA off the edge of a cliff because they seem to think EA can do no wrong (statements like, "We should be thankful that EA even makes these games!" etc.) then when it all goes wrong, yet again, they're also the ones posting things like, "NOT FAIR!!!!!11111 <insert expansion pack or game name here> WORST GAME EVER!!!!!1111eleventy-one!" Sheeple never want to hear anything negative about anything they support. They'll use phrases like, "Well, if you can't do any better yourself, you have no room to criticize." Of course most of us realize the fallacy in that statement, as in I don't have to be a wonderful chef to determine if something I eat tastes good or not. I don't have to be able to sing well to hear that someone else is doing a terrible job of it. And I could go on but I think I'll go to bed now instead.
Instructor
#2286 Old 31st May 2009 at 10:12 AM
I really hate the word "sheeple". It not a legitimate word. >.<
Lab Assistant
#2287 Old 31st May 2009 at 12:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elyasis

But but.. it's on Wikipedia
Lab Assistant
#2288 Old 31st May 2009 at 12:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Martine
But but.. it's on Wikipedia

omg I love that word.

sheeple, sheeple, sheeple, sheeple, sheeple, sheeple, sheeple, sheeple

Back on topic.

I really think sims 3 will be a fun game, and I have ordered mine now, after previously promising I would not buy it, ah well.

Bit dissapointed there is no "story picture board" function, and I think someone said there isn't memories either?

oh well it will be fun anyways

Hosting my first contest "Style and Culture" :D
Find it here: Style and culture contest
Top Secret Researcher
#2289 Old 31st May 2009 at 5:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elyasis

From a English vocabulary book in my AP Language/Composition class:

"You control the English language. [It's] always changing." Or something like that. I believe if a word becomes widespread enough, then it's now embedded into the language.

Sheeple is now a legitimate English word.
Field Researcher
#2290 Old 31st May 2009 at 6:46 PM
Most of the words they use on MATY aren't legitimate words. They are the worse "sheeple" I have ever seen: if Pescado says something, i.e.: The One Fambly, then all of a sudden, every mofo over there is saying that phrase.

They live up his backside.
Instructor
#2291 Old 31st May 2009 at 10:22 PM
I also dislike their strange idea that all teenaged sims are 12 years old.

But let's no let this become a rant against MATY. To get this back on topic, I shall ask a question.

In CAS, do children affect the age of their parents. In TS2, it bugs me that if you give two parents a teenager, rather than being at least so many days into adulthood, they're brand new adults. I realize it doesn't matter quite so much if you have inTeen installed, because then it's a plausible situation, but there's no inTeen for TS3.
Sockpuppet
#2292 Old 31st May 2009 at 11:17 PM
Instructor
#2293 Old 31st May 2009 at 11:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kabuto
Riverview is released

http://store.thesims3.com/riverview.html

Yep. I saw that...but can you download it?
Field Researcher
#2294 Old 31st May 2009 at 11:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by astrognash
In CAS, do children affect the age of their parents. In TS2, it bugs me that if you give two parents a teenager, rather than being at least so many days into adulthood, they're brand new adults. I realize it doesn't matter quite so much if you have inTeen installed, because then it's a plausible situation, but there's no inTeen for TS3.

Reports at MATY indicate all newly created young adult sims are a random number of days into thier age category.
Field Researcher
#2295 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 3:06 AM
Yep. I saw that...but can you download it?

It prompts you to enter a game code. I tried it, hoping I could be all organised for Thurs and jump right in and play the game. Alas, I cannot :P
Lab Assistant
#2296 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 6:14 AM
1 day to go... If they could just fix the damned game now, we could play it properly tomorrow...
Theorist
#2297 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 6:19 AM
I'm just hoping that MATY releases a mod within a few days of release that makes the story progression toggle work properly, but we need to be patient. The Sims 3 is a completely new ball game. Pescado said he's working on something though.
Field Researcher
#2298 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 6:22 AM
Its my guess that EA will release a second patch in a month or so, since the broken story progression is going to net them a giganto poo storm. This patch will proceed to break everything Pescado has done. *sigh
Instructor
#2299 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 6:22 AM
Bleh. MATY. God, they are handy with all their hacks (and getting stuff from The Sims 2 store... ) But hell, I never ever ever want to become a member. Why? Because they make fun of you. They get enjoyment out of it. It is meesed up and just plan rude. And the fact they hate everything EA? And they hate TS3? Well, they all just play the leaked version so they wouldn't know.
I was looking at some TS3 (or as they call it, "The Horror") pics and someone put thier self sim, and said something along the lines of "My self sim who looks like a dollie." Immediatley everyone commented how ugly and lame it was. EUGH!

Anyway, enough rant.
I just pre-ordered my game at Harvey Norman (real expensive place which I hate in Australia) luckily I told them that the cheapest place in town had it for $85 so they will give it to me for the same amount
This thread has e very excited!

Smile.
It's easier than explaining why you're sad.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2300 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 7:47 AM
I can't wait to get it June 2. Thank God GameStop said that the minute they open on that day, the game will be there waiting for me.
Locked thread | Locked by: mangaroo Reason: thanks, frankie!
Page 92 of 94