Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Nov 2013 at 1:34 PM
Default Adding doors into a cfe wall
I'm wondering is it possible to place a door at ground level into a cfe wall next to a joined foundation so that it looks normal?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 8th Nov 2013 at 5:26 PM
My only suggestion is to CFE the wall where the door is, so that it is a standard full-height wall.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Nov 2013 at 9:59 PM
Thanks for the idea but that will warp the horizontal cladding I want to put on. I'm building something from a picture, and there is a concrete area of wall right next to wall that appears to be flat to the ground. So I guess I either use foundation for it all, but then the door won't be straight out but up some steps or I forget the foundation and make it all on the ground... I saw a sims 3 building video recently and I thought they did something like I was trying for here so I thought I'd give it a go.

Maybe if I use foundation but cfe to make it lower all around that might work the best. There are a few things like a circular wall that I know I can't achieve. I wonder if a wall covering made to look half concrete could work.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#4 Old 10th Nov 2013 at 3:10 AM
How important is it for the house to have split levels?

If it's really important, would it hurt the door to be moved over however far is necessary to have it place correctly?

If the placement of the door next to an apparent foundation is more important than the existence of an actual foundation, would it be sufficient to find a wall covering that comes in a half-masonry version and a regular version?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Nov 2013 at 12:46 AM
Sorry this didn't show up as having a new reply. I decided to change how I was building it and went with the whole thing on a foundation. I did want the door on ground level like the picture I got inspiration from, but it wasn't practical within the limits of the game. Now there are small steps leading up to the door.

~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#6 Old 8th Dec 2013 at 8:13 PM
Next time you want to do this Jo I have a tute for it http://www.simfansuk.com/sims/tutor...8/#.UqTS1_QW1Uo

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Dec 2013 at 9:15 PM
Thanks Tiff! :D

~Call me Jo~