Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 3:39 AM
Default Steep Lot Edges
I know it seems an odd question to post on a site that makes such a point out of level lot edges, but is there a trick to creating lots with incredibly ridiculously absurdly steep terrain along the edges?
Obviously in build mode you can modify the terrain INSIDE the lot into all sorts of ridiculous forms, but you can't change the edges of the lot itself. Placing lots from the neighborhood lets you create a fair amount of variety in terrain on the edges, but it still limits how steep things can really be (it seems to me that it won't create a lot so steep that Sims couldn't walk up it without some modification to the terrain, which bothers me as a creator, because there are beautiful places that I'd like to be able to take inspiration from that aren't perfectly smooth terrain!). What I want to be able to do is create lots that appear as cliffside or mountainside areas, with the road at the bottom or top of the cliff. I would like to see as much as 10 or 20 stories worth of terrain height change from one edge of a lot to the other, instead of the 2 or 3 that the game likes to create... any suggestions?

And please forgive me for kind of taking over the top of this forum lately!
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 2:26 PM
I know that there are mods which allow lots with more extreme slopes; you might want to ask about those mods in the WCIF forum.

Then, create a neighborhood terrain with extreme slopes and then place empty lots on that extreme terrain.

The only other alternative that I can think of is to use the GridAdjuster to create large slopes at the edge of the lot.