Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jul 2015 at 7:20 PM
Default Access to empty house + moving graves
I recently finish a challenge, and decided to continue playing in that World with another sim, not connected to the challenge.
I am in Monte Vista, and the sim I am currently playing lives in the house that is next door from the challenge house I've built. This is in the inner center of the city.
There was 3 sims who died in this challenge house, and urnes stayed in the house. (I don't think I was allowed to move them, they had to remain IN the house for the duration of the challenge)

I'd like to move them to the cemetary...how would I do this, now that no ones currently lives there?

Also..while playing ths challenge, a butt load of garden gnome tombstones kept popping on that lot. (possibly the result of the museum gnomes plopping babies, aging, and diying..ending up on my own lot, as read online)

There was a total of 8 or 9 when i stopped playing this house.
I'd like my current sim to grab them all for her..and bring them home.
Is there a way?

Thank you.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
#2 Old 23rd Jul 2015 at 7:54 PM
I think the only way to get in is to buy the house.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jul 2015 at 8:10 PM
Thank you Stuart. I could make a random sim buying it, but once in...how would he/she moves all 3 urnes to the cemetary? I just never did this is sims3
This would cover the dead sims part...but that would not let my new sim "steal" the gnome tombstone....unless that random sim puts them all in his inventory, and gift them all to my sim...hours of gameplaying-fun ahead! lol

Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#4 Old 23rd Jul 2015 at 11:49 PM Last edited by Don_Babilon : 24th Jul 2015 at 1:01 AM.
There is a way without buying the house. You'll need DebugEnabler for the gnomes though (and perhaps for the graves, too).
(1) The graves are easy. Enter BuyMode in that house, either via Edit Town or with testingcheatsenabled on, shift-clicking on the lot's ground and "Build/Buy On This Lot". Move the graves outside. You should be able to pick up the graves in live mode from the ground. Usually graves of Sims that died during a game are not locked and can be picked up by anybody.
If not then the same method to get the gnomes applies to the graves:
(2) Toggle DebugEnabler on, click on the gnomes (and perhaps on the graves, too) and choose NRaas/DebugEnabler/Options:Gnome/Move to Family Inventory. Done!

BTW: GIfting something from the family inventory never worked for me. The item doesn't show up in the target's inventory but is gone from my Sim's nevertheless.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Jul 2015 at 2:34 AM
Thank you very much Don. Duh...me never thought of debug enabler...and I do use it. lol

But hummmm...what do I do with the graves once I have them? Can I go to the cemetary and just depose them there??

Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#6 Old 24th Jul 2015 at 2:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
But hummmm...what do I do with the graves once I have them? Can I go to the cemetary and just depose them there??
Sure!

You have to put them in the personal inventory first of course. But once there, you can place a grave on every community lot you want. It might just be that you should avoid entering that lot via Edit Town then. Otherwise the graves might get teleported back into your inventories every time you do this. But I think you can avoid that, too, with DebugEnabler by setting each grave to SetLotOwner: Null once they are placed.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 24th Jul 2015 at 3:47 AM
Thank you again!

Instructor
#8 Old 24th Jul 2015 at 8:38 AM Last edited by Le Carrera : 24th Jul 2015 at 2:05 PM.
Nraas's HomeOpener will allow you to access unoccupied houses, as well as inhabited ones with no need to be invited inside first.

The Master Controller also has an option to automatically move the urns of any Sims that die in your neighborhood to the mausoleum, where you can go collect them and place them into your inventory, so you can delete them or place them where you want.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 24th Jul 2015 at 6:33 PM
With Nraas' Mastercontroler (requires cheats module), click on the ground. Go to household>object add to inventory, find the urnstones. This will add it to your active sims household inventory, which can be placed on their lot, then put in the graveyard.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 24th Jul 2015 at 6:41 PM
Thank you
But HomeOpener "opens" every house in town...and imagine the lag then. I prefer to just Open a said house when needed, then close it when I am done spying.
Then using buy/build on this lot, instead.

#11 Old 24th Jul 2015 at 7:07 PM
Edit town - then build/buy that property would work too.

I think "real estate" -> "buy additional home" is more in the spirit of the game tho'.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 24th Jul 2015 at 7:11 PM
You can do that with mastercontroler as well (open just one house). Click on the side of the house, nraas> open, but you won't be able to go to build, buy from there. I think your best bet is to add those urnstones to your active families inventory, then remove them. You can also remove the gnomes this way too. If you really want to go to build/buy, just use testingcheats and click on the ground to go to buy mode for that lot.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 24th Jul 2015 at 8:36 PM
Yes Veiledstar. I already have MC and already did open the house, enter buy mode there, (testingcheatsenabled true is always ON) move the urnes outside (so my sim can "pick up grave", move all gnome tombstone outside too, then use buydebug on them to add them to my sim's family inventory.
I use Open on houses quite often...just so I can peak inside....but I never thought of it and came here posting..lol Also, I did not know if graves were as touchy in sims 3 as they are in sims2..so had to ask.

I then sent my sim to the cemetary, used "place grave". *DONE*
Then I went into buy mode and sold alllll the gnome tombstone I steal for her.
Tada.