Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th May 2016 at 10:12 PM
Default Legacy Statues for Teens?
My teen went to the future, got the plumbot legacy statue wish, went back home, and put a sentience chip in his "present" made plumbot.

Nada. Zilch. Nothing happened. No 20,000 LTW points, no music, no annoying visit from Emmet. Yeah, I want to go back an meet Einstein and hit him with a water balloon. What's that about? Emmet is always with the water balloons. Tried killing him once but his ghost just hangs around. Can't get rid of him.

Can teens not get the plumbot legacy statue?

Oh... yeah, his plumbot feeds him ambrosia, which is why he's still a teen.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 18th May 2016 at 4:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
My teen went to the future, got the plumbot legacy statue wish, went back home, and put a sentience chip in his "present" made plumbot.

Nada. Zilch. Nothing happened. No 20,000 LTW points, no music, no annoying visit from Emmet. Yeah, I want to go back an meet Einstein and hit him with a water balloon. What's that about? Emmet is always with the water balloons. Tried killing him once but his ghost just hangs around. Can't get rid of him.

Can teens not get the plumbot legacy statue?

Oh... yeah, his plumbot feeds him ambrosia, which is why he's still a teen.

I looked up in the script because I was curious... and yes, you're right. Teens cannot get a legacy statue.

A quick guess from the script is that if you remove and add the trait chip again, you'll get the legacy statue if you do it as an adult, but that's just a guess.

Just call me Nikel
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th May 2016 at 11:58 PM
Yeah... but Peter Pan doesn't want to grow up, and Tink isn't interesting in plumbots.
Alchemist
#4 Old 19th May 2016 at 3:49 PM
Oh well, then I guess you're out of luck. Maybe you can grow him up into an adult, get the statue, and then de-age him back to teens? Although, it's been a long while since I last played TS3 so I'm not sure if it's possible to turn Sim back into a teen.

Just call me Nikel
Site Helper
#5 Old 20th May 2016 at 12:56 AM
If you have master Controller and the Cheats module you can click on the sim, and under "Intermediate" you will see "Age-Absolute."

Make a backup save.

Now, add your lifespans for each age category up to Teen together, then add the number of days your sim is listed as having been a teen in his age bar.
Age your sim to Adult, get the reward, then adjust the sim's Absolute age back to the number you calculated. Check to be sure that everything is ok, and keep that backup save safe for a while. Aging up will add a trait, and aging back down will remove a trait. It may or may not be the same trait. If necessary, you can fix it with "Traits" in Master Controller Advanced (on the sim.)

And I have no idea if this is safe, or even if it will work. The other alternative is to use the Master Controller "Edit in CAS" function which I know can cause problems. Since he won't be an adult very long, this might not be an issue.

Edit
Or you can use master Controller to swap that Lifetime Wish for something more possible....

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th May 2016 at 4:40 AM
I used Master Controller to give him the 20,000 LTW points that he earned but that doesn't get him his legacy statue or +15 points from being in the future and all the folks going "oooo! Famous guy!"

I guess I could do the age up thing and then age him back to teenager... I feel an urge to make a script mod coming on, tho'.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th May 2016 at 6:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Are you talking about teen plumbots? Is that even possible?

Just plain ol' teen sim.

I've made teen plumbots by using the ol' switcheroo on the body with a teen so they'd look like a human. But in addition to not being able to change clothes or travel, they also tend to have glowing pumbot eyes above their own human sim eyes.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 20th May 2016 at 8:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Woah, that works? How about child plumbots? I have a plumbot that married her simbot best friend, I'm trying to build them a family. I think I tried child before and it didn't work. I guess having teen bots will do!

I've not tried it with a child. Teens work. I had a teen plumbot get busted for curfew violation.... in the future by a plumbot cop. Which means they're not perfect plumbots, they have some characteristics of a regular sim.

In the spoiler you see the freshly made teenage plumbot Deliah giving herself a tune up, as her teenage maker thinks about doing his homework.

I'm not sure how teenage plumbots get the go to school thing; I'm trying to decipher the SIME file in the plumbot package to make a better sim-like plumbot; one that can change clothes but not have some of the sim behaviors, and to get rid of that plumbot gait when walking and running. All sim-like plumbots are seriously hosed when they travel via the time portal. They usually are totally screwed up and you can't even delete them, so I stopped playing with them.

My problem is, every time I start to make a mod, I end up just playing the game.