Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd May 2016 at 10:33 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Is there a way to install premade families?
Hi guys, I just installed a new uninhabited neighborhood, i'm curious is there a way to download premade ready to play families that I can just move into homes in the neighborhood?

I don't know if it is even possible or if I need to just create a bunch of sims and go from there...

also second question, is there a way to save the neighborhood so when I select it in my start up screen that it will already have all the sims in it? like a way to make the neighborhood populated?

I don't know if it is even possible but I appreciate the help!

Catey
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 23rd May 2016 at 12:37 AM
You could use NRaas Story Progression to populate the town. You should read this here, it explains how Story Progression can work to populate a town. Other than that the only thing I can think of is to manually move sims into homes. You could download premade families, but as far as I know you would still need to manually add them into the town.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 25th May 2016 at 4:12 AM
You will either have to populate the world yourself or use a mod.

1. NRaas mod PORTER : http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Porter will allow you to move an entire town's population to a new town. For example, you can move all of your Sunset Valley sims to your new, unpopulated town.
2. You can download entire families from the exchange and move them in. I can't recommend this since many exchange items are corrupt or have buggy cc.
3. You can make a bunch of families using CAS and the randomize buttons, and move them in.
4. You can use above mentioned NRaas story progression mod.
Scholar
#4 Old 26th May 2016 at 4:29 AM
NRAAS debug mod has an option that is literally "populateworldwithsims". Just click anywhere in the world (while actually playing) and under nraas click debug and it'll be there in a list in alphabetical order after all the "DEBUG_" and other options. It only takes like 30 secs and gives you a notification when its done.
Site Helper
#5 Old 26th May 2016 at 4:59 PM
To save and re-use your populated neighborhood (or any neighborhood) you can save the game before selecting any family to play. (From Edit Town works) (Then make a backup of your save, in case you accidentally "Save" instead of "Save As" when you're playing it.)

Now you can load that save and select (or move in) your family. IMMEDIATELY "Save AS" and give the current game a new name. (Cutting down on the chances that you will need to rename the current save file and then copy your backup into the folder.) When you want to use it again, go back to your neighborhood save.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook