Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th May 2016 at 9:51 PM
Default New "Dine Out" Gameplay! Your thoughts?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I79JWQoGHW0

The fact that you can create your own dishes, get rated, and buy perks is what excites me the most. The amount of customization here is awesome.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 26th May 2016 at 2:10 AM
I hope we can frequent the restaurants we own, otherwise there seems to be little to do once the initial setup is done, since we can't be chef. I also hope that if we go as customers, we'll see the actual employees we hired, as opposed to random NPCs.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 26th May 2016 at 2:11 AM
I loved the clumsy waiter gif From what I've seen on the trailers and the images on Twitter, it looks really good to me so far I just hope it releases without too many bugs
Forum Resident
#4 Old 26th May 2016 at 12:29 PM
I'm hoping to get around the "your Sim owner can't be chef" thing by having a fake owner and having him hire my Sims as chef, et al.

Here at MTS since 2008; avid S2 player/blogger; didn't care for S3; bought and hated SimCity 2013; am choosing to remain upbeat about Sims 4....

My Sims 4 blog: Veil's Utopia House Challenge Blog
Test Subject
#5 Old 26th May 2016 at 12:49 PM
I'll probably buy it even though restaurants isn't really "my thing" - besides, sims take foooorever to eat their food lol. Especially if they're in a conversation..
I'm also curious to find out how much new content we'll be getting in form of hairstyles, clothes, decorations etc. So far I've felt we've been getting too little of that in most of the packs. I'm crossing my fingers that we'll get loads of items this time around.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 26th May 2016 at 1:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Incarnia
I'll probably buy it even though restaurants isn't really "my thing" - besides, sims take foooorever to eat their food lol. Especially if they're in a conversation..
I'm also curious to find out how much new content we'll be getting in form of hairstyles, clothes, decorations etc. So far I've felt we've been getting too little of that in most of the packs. I'm crossing my fingers that we'll get loads of items this time around.

I wonder if the changes to the cas will be in a patch right before this pack releases. I know that the trailers for this pack have shown interchangeable items for both male and female sims Like hairstyles and clothing
Mad Poster
#7 Old 26th May 2016 at 2:56 PM
I mostly noticed the waiter serving the table, the dish of food fell from her hand magically to the table (teleported) similar to the spectacular Store Chef nonsense from Sims 3. At the very end a hotdog-suited waiter also served a table, and the flying food could be seen once again.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
#8 Old 26th May 2016 at 3:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jmfuqua2013
I wonder if the changes to the cas will be in a patch right before this pack releases. I know that the trailers for this pack have shown interchangeable items for both male and female sims Like hairstyles and clothing

I didn't know that! Where can I read about the upcoming changes?
Field Researcher
#9 Old 26th May 2016 at 4:08 PM
I didn't know that! Where can I read about the upcoming changes?

First mention of CAS Changes

Second mention of CAS Changes

Third mention of CAS Changes

That was the most recent one, there's more back from earlier this month. It was hidden in the patch notes in a code that a Sims Community member deciphered. Basically, it looks like several existing things (clothing, hair) will be made unisex
Field Researcher
#10 Old 26th May 2016 at 4:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
I mostly noticed the waiter serving the table, the dish of food fell from her hand magically to the table (teleported) similar to the spectacular Store Chef nonsense from Sims 3. At the very end a hotdog-suited waiter also served a table, and the flying food could be seen once again.

Glad I wasn't the only one who noticed that
Mad Poster
#11 Old 26th May 2016 at 5:41 PM
I think it did that in TS2 as well, last I played.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#12 Old 26th May 2016 at 6:08 PM Last edited by ~MadameButterfly~ : 26th May 2016 at 10:01 PM.
At least it didn't come directly out of their butts. That would not be the highlight of fine dining!

Edit: Remind me to never go out to eat with my disagree-r. I am so NOT having what they are having!

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Test Subject
#13 Old 28th May 2016 at 12:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jmfuqua2013
First mention of CAS Changes

Second mention of CAS Changes

Third mention of CAS Changes

That was the most recent one, there's more back from earlier this month. It was hidden in the patch notes in a code that a Sims Community member deciphered. Basically, it looks like several existing things (clothing, hair) will be made unisex

Thank you for the links! It's sure good news
Field Researcher
#15 Old 28th May 2016 at 3:07 PM
Anticipation~!
Field Researcher
#16 Old 28th May 2016 at 7:55 PM
Thank you for the links! It's sure good news

You're welcome Yep, I can't wait to see how many things are made unisex. I've seen some clothing and hair but am hoping there's more that they just haven't shown
Forum Resident
#17 Old 29th May 2016 at 5:39 PM
I'm excited. I was disappointed that they didn't have an active career version of the Chef career in Get to Work, and this seems like it's pretty much bringing what I wanted.

The simmer formerly known as Averex
My Claim to Fame