Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th May 2016 at 12:00 AM
Default Can someone please suggest an order that my mods should be in?
Hello. I am about to add AwesomeMod to my small list of mods and i dont want to mess my game up. my mods are

ani_fridgemod.package
autoflush_toiletonly.package
nocoughingwhileating.package
nobuildsparkles
nointro
nointromaxis
twoftmama Meals Anytime v12.package

i also have Nrass decensor mod but its in a different folder so idk if that affects it or not. thank you so much
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 28th May 2016 at 12:32 AM
Your mods are in 2 different folders? That doesn't sound right. It won't matter about what folders they are in. What matters is if mods conflict with each other.

Example: You turn aging off with Awesome Mod and then have it turned on with Nrass Mod. The game then has 2 different core mods telling it to do opposite things. Does that make sense?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th May 2016 at 12:42 AM
Yes that makes sense user Persian thank you. My NRASS censor mod is in a subfolder of the Packages folder, in a folder called mods. but its the only mod in there, my other mods are just sitting in the Packages folder and are not in any subfolders. Im not sure why i did it that way i think i thought i might install a lot of mods and i wanted the Nrass censor mod where i could find it idk lol. Well i moved the awesomemod to the top of the list and below it is
fridgemod
autoflushtoiletonly
nocoughingwhileating
nointro
nointromaxis

any other mods i had i deleted them cause i think awesomemod already has it. i am wondering where I should stick Nrass on that list? thank you. I think for sims 2 someone told me the order of the mods mattered and i made a topic similar to this on the sims 2 forums about a year ago
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th May 2016 at 12:59 AM
I downloaded and installed awesomemod from this link

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/AwesomeMod

and I got this Warning message and the game wont load my household

"WARNING: Non-Critical core mismatch! a core file not part of awesome mod...."

I thought that link was the latest version of AwesomeMod? Is it not? thanks
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 28th May 2016 at 1:55 AM
The Correct set up for the Mods folder with illustrations is In This Link At MTS . The order of your mods does not matter but it does matter what folder you put them in. The downloaded .package files must go in the Packages folder within the Mods folder (unless you have a reason to use the Overrides folder).
In the Arena
retired moderator
#6 Old 28th May 2016 at 2:40 PM
Can you confirm for me if the Maxis logo still runs in your game at the loading portion, when you have both nointro mods in place?

1. Mods have to match the patch version of your game. That's what the "non-core mismatch" warning is complaining about. What patch version are you running?
  2. And, don't have two mods that do the same thing as that would cause conflicts. Eg: the nointro mods - like I mentioned in the FAQ section of my download page for that mod - you need one or the other, not both. Another conflict might be caused by the coughing and meal one, but I forgot if these mods are based off of the same resource package so don't take my word for it. But the nointro one is a sure conflict but the impact might be minimal, as mods are loaded in a FIFO mode, as in First one read is the first one loaded and the subsequent ones get ignored. At least this was the case when I was still playing this game, I dunno if later patches have changed this or not. In the case of conflicting mods, the impact might be different for different people based on your gameplay style and what exactly the modder tinkered with in their mods.
  3. As for mods in different folders, sure if your resource.cfg file is setup for it; and as long as all these subfolders are in the /mods/packages/ one
  4. and finally, as has been mentioned by others, the order is irrelevant if they target different game resources. See (2) above re:conflicts
Field Researcher
#7 Old 28th May 2016 at 6:47 PM
You have an outdated version of Awesome Mod. That is all. Bookmark this link and always use it. It always has the date that it was updated and you will know you have the most recent one.

http://beta.moreawesomethanyou.com/ts3/base/