Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 10:01 PM
Pose Player Sculpture Making
All the threads I could find about Sculpturify were quite old and didn't really cover my issue anyway. And am up to date on the game, debug enabler and pose player.

I just discovered the Sculpturify option a couple days ago and after playing around with putting Sims into some of the poses already in game with the Pose Player I Sculpturified them with no problem. Then I had the idea of using some of the pose packs out there to make some really nice sculptures for some of my lots.

The problem I have found is that the pose packs don't seem to work with the Sculpturify option. I put a Sim into a pose from the list, select Sculpturify...and nothing happens. But when I cancel the pose and they resume their usual standing there doing nothing position, then a sculpture is made.

So, do pose packs simply not work with the Sculpturify option or is there some extra step in that process I missed?
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 3:33 PM
49 views and not a single reply...am I the only person who ever thought to try this combination or something?
Alchemist
#3 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 4:06 PM
It's probably due to the fact that when making a sculpture based on another sim, there is a silent interaction going on between these two sims before the artist begins working. If the model is already in a pose by poseplayer, then the interaction between these sims doesn't happen and making a sculpture isn't possible.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 4:39 PM
Perhaps my original post wasn't as clear as I thought it was, I am talking about the Sculpturify option included in Nraas Debug Enabler, not about the sculpting station that comes with the game...
Alchemist
#5 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 6:48 PM
Ah, sorry. Well, I haven't tested those two mods together, so unfortunately I can't help you. I'm in the middle of merging my files right now but I have to test this thing when I get my game open. Sounds interesting.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 8:05 PM
I know right? So much potential for new sculpture with the abundance of pose packs out there.
Alchemist
#7 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 8:38 PM
Okay, just tested these two mods in game and it does not work. You only get the normal statue after you cancel the pose. It seems that the sculpturify option isn't capable of reading/recognizing the custom poses that are not normally in the game, so unless someone has better knowledge about it, then basically this combination is a no-go. Couldn't find anything from the net, either. You could always ask at the Nraas site, though.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 6:57 AM
That is an unfortunate outcome Can always hope that someone with more knowledge wanders by and sees this though. With so many modders out there someone might be able to figure out a way to make it work.
Test Subject
#9 Old 28th May 2015 at 1:20 AM
A long time ago, I saw a youtube video that explained how to do what you are asking. A couple of weeks ago, I was like "how can I sculpturify custom poses again?", but I couldn't find the video. I found, however, this thread, and I said to myself: "it's been a long time that I've been lurking this forum, so maybe I should answer your question".

For this tutorial I asked my evil vampire pirate from Barnacle Bay to help me. He said "nay, matey. Me wants t' sail the 7 seas, plunder treaayes and such". I set the free will to low and grabbed him anyway.

Click at the pose player and select a pose. For this example I chose one of PixelJackpot's poses (it's from this set)

Pause the game

Now click on the sim and choose nraas>debugenabler>sculpturify

And select which material your sculpture is going to be made of. I was going to pick Ice or Bronze, but I heard a scream: "Nay, lad. Ice or Bronze be damned. Me wants a gold statue!". I thought that I had set free will to low, but whatever, he wants gold, so gold will be.

Don't unpause it yet. Go back to the pose player and select use current pose

Click on the first action of the queue

Unpause the game

and stop doing that pose

there you go. I don't know why, but a pirate gold statue reminds me of the plot of "Curse of the Monkey Island".

You can also combine your poses with other mods.

For example, I'm playing with scorpiobabe's Istilnan and made a huge statue of the Elven King (Hair by Sintiklia, retextured by Paintstroke , Crown by Ersch, lantern by ladesire and poses by lilit from the Hell ). For that I used buhudain's OMSP Resizer:

And to give it a lighthouse vibe, I used Buckley's shiftable fog emitter, using lighthousebeam / lighthouselensflarefx effects:

lighthousebeam

lighthouselensflarefx