Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 7:34 PM
Cheats Clipboard
Hi guys & girls!

I don't know if I'm the only one who has this problem, it's only a minor bug bug but it infuriates me immensely.
When using the Ctrl+Shift+C cheats command line in game I have noticed that for whatever reason, that you clipboard is periodically cleared. This is annoying as it means memorising complex commands and a casual play such as myself really can't be bothered.
My only preference (if possible) is that the Mod/solution isn't a Script Mod.

Hope you can help (ily if you can!)
Lynda ;)
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 12:13 PM Last edited by mummy_001 : 25th Oct 2014 at 12:02 AM. Reason: added more info
If you want to paste something in the cheat box press ctrl & v

Keyboard shortcuts for copy and paste are
ctrl & C which copies highlighted text
ctrl & V which pastes what you have just copied onto your clipboard into your cheat box....
Beautiful Dinosaur
#3 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 7:11 PM
@NinjaBuni

I am so with you on this one! I have to keep a couple of notepads (saves remembering the cheats) open with the things I want so I can copy & paste them into the console and it really bothers me that the copied text does not stay on the clipboard after pasting. The UP arrow doesn't work any more either for previously typed commands/cheats. I use TwistedMexi's moveobjects cheat but I turn it off & on when building to avoid routing errors and the like and having to copy paste it every time is majorly irritating. Stupid EA!

Who knows where thoughts come from....? They just appear.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 8:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mummy_001

ctrl & V which pastes what you have just copied onto your clipboard.

I do this all the time for Sims 4

Not enough clearly
Scholar
#5 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 11:55 PM Last edited by mummy_001 : 25th Oct 2014 at 12:08 AM. Reason: fixed up a spelling error. Too early in the morning here.
Please..... after copying the cheat click inside your cheat box so the cursor is there the press the Ctrl key as well as the V key on your keyboard and WOW your pasted cheat will appear.

No one will make a mod for this as its not needed when you just Ctrl & V what you want pasted into the cheat box. This method is used instead of right clicking a mouse button and choosing paste. Its designed for laptop users that use the touchpad without a mouse.....

Of course you have to copy each command each time you need to use one. If you are using windows mode, a quick toggle between tabs to copy next command and then paste it is nothing....
I don't use windows mode I use full screen mode but alt & tab takes no longer.

Again no one will make a mod for this....
Beautiful Dinosaur
#6 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 6:41 PM
I don't think you quite get it mummy_001. We are not complaining that we cannot copy/paste. We are complaining that what we have pasted cannot be pasted again unless we copy it again. That is what is frustrating us. The clipboard (where the copied text is 'saved' on your PC) is being wiped clean after we paste. It does not do this by default - something in the TS4 game files is causing this to happen and we want it fixed

Scholar
#7 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 10:49 PM
If I copy and then paste something I can still paste it again.
If I am doing skills for the family like fitness I can paste it for each member without having to copy each time. This is the same for any cheat I am doing. I don't have to copy each time. It stays on my clipboard.
Beautiful Dinosaur
#8 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 7:27 PM
Ah! Hence the confusion I wonder why it stays clipped for you but not for me or NinjaBuni. Anyone else here that has the same issue or are we all alone?

Scholar
#10 Old 27th Oct 2014 at 2:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mummy_001

ctrl & V which pastes what you have just copied onto your clipboard into your cheat box....

Doh, just noticed that it just doesn't work with keyboard. It works with the mousepointer, I am just used to do stuff with keyboard (holding shift and using arrowkeys to copy). The keyboard way works in TS3 though, I especially like to use up arrow to repeat last entered phrase. It seems TS4 console is a lot less advanced.
Beautiful Dinosaur
#11 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 7:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DaniCast
This is not a game issue, it's a Windows issue.
See if this helps:
http://www.ehow.com/video_12337602_...-clipboard.html

I'm not having any issues with anything else disappearing from the clipboard, only after pasting onto the cheats console in TS4 but will give this a try thanks!

EDIT:

Love you DaniCast! it worked thanks so much

Scholar
#13 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 7:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bellasaurus
I'm not having any issues with anything else disappearing from the clipboard, only after pasting onto the cheats console in TS4 but will give this a try thanks!

EDIT:

Yay I'm so glad you got it sorted out.
Beautiful Dinosaur
#14 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 8:14 PM
Me too!

Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 7:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bellasaurus

EDIT:

Fingers crossed for me too :D