Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Movie Night #2 - posted on 10th Aug 2017 at 2:58 PM
Replies: 18 (Who?), Viewed: 4271 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Sep 2015 at 12:31 AM Last edited by banguranus : 5th Sep 2015 at 11:26 PM.
No Permission
I've deleted my cookies, I've tried several different browsers, I've tried making a new account, I've honestly tried everything I can but nothing is working. It's so frustrating. Every time I click on something I'm interested in, for instance a link to a MTS's site, or a picture to someone's profile, it keeps telling me that I don't have permission. I really don't understand, do you have to have a certain kind of account to view certain things? This is giving me literally no options for downloads. Everything is being denied.
I would really appreciate it if someone could help.
Advertisement
Delphinius The Great
site owner
#2 Old 6th Sep 2015 at 12:47 PM
I can't see anything wrong with your profile, and you can clearly post in this forum... so I'm a little stumped. Can you screenshot it for me? Thanks

Tumblr - Yes, I have a blog. :)

<Corsix> Why 'mod the sims 2' when you can mod 'mod the sims 2'?

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Sep 2015 at 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphy
I can't see anything wrong with your profile, and you can clearly post in this forum... so I'm a little stumped. Can you screenshot it for me? Thanks

https://gyazo.com/b775461fff04a3b0f7a57287d45a5ba3 Here's the screen shot. I went to click on an Sleeping Beauty download by mickeymouse254 and that happened, just like it happens with everything.
Dancing Flamingo
staff: administrator
#4 Old 7th Sep 2015 at 1:30 AM
staff: moderator
#5 Old 7th Sep 2015 at 3:34 AM
If you're wanting any of mickeymouse254's downloads, they have their own website. I'll even give you a link: http://www.enchanteddominion.com/
Scholar
#6 Old 23rd Sep 2015 at 6:41 AM
Well...<cough!>, it's possible some people have enabled vBulletin code that prevents users with the screenname banguranus from accessing their profile page.

you know, the secret vBulletin code...
Test Subject
#7 Old 23rd Sep 2015 at 4:17 PM
I have the similar question, actually. This post in Formatting Tiptorial says: "You can see the code/syntax if you hit reply on this post". And I can't see it, because when I hit Reply on this or any other post in that thread, this is what I get:
Quote:
todoabout, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
1. If you are trying to access a download, it may have been removed by the Creator or by the Staff for policy violations or a number of other reasons.
2. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
3. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account from accessing this area.
Test Subject
#8 Old 24th Sep 2015 at 2:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by todoabout
I have the similar question, actually. This post in Formatting Tiptorial says: "You can see the code/syntax if you hit reply on this post". And I can't see it, because when I hit Reply on this or any other post in that thread, this is what I get:

That thread is a sticky and probably locked. So nobody but moderators/admins/staff can reply/edit/post to that thread.

If you have any questions about the tutorial you can ask them in a new thread in the sub-forum its located in (here)

My other accounts: Tumblr | Steam | TSR
Test Subject
#9 Old 24th Sep 2015 at 4:26 AM
Thank you for replying! Well, it kind of makes sense...
But then, it kind of doesn't. The only point of that post was to show which tags we can use (and that's what I wanted to see), but we can't see the tags. So the whole thing goes against its purpose Perhaps the tutorial needs revising, revealing its source code.
Pettifogging Legalist!
staff: moderator
#10 Old 24th Sep 2015 at 4:57 AM
Regarding the formatting post thing, see this thread.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Scholar
#11 Old 24th Sep 2015 at 5:23 AM
Some of the top level forum menus have a link to all the vBulletin codes in the lower left corner.
For example, at the top of this page, selecting Discussion/Off-Topic Discussion will bring up the Off-Topic forum, at the lower left corner of which is a link to a page that lists all vBulletin codes.
Test Subject
#12 Old 24th Sep 2015 at 6:40 AM
Thank you very much!
Test Subject
#13 Old 28th Nov 2016 at 1:19 AM
Is there a workaround for this?
Site Helper
#14 Old 28th Nov 2016 at 1:11 PM
Plasticbox linked to a thread which has all the formatting codes if that was what you were having trouble with permissions for.

No permission to get to downloads marked for removal doesn't need a workaround.

If you are having a different problem, it's a different problem and doesn't need to be in this thread.

(Although maybe the actual formatting codes might belong in the Website FAQ? Now that it's impossible to hit "Reply" on that post the question does seem to come up a lot.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2016 Yearbook
Test Subject
#15 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 12:46 PM
Hi,
I get a Access dinied when I tried to view this page: http://modthesims.info/archive/index.php?t-558639.html
This is the message: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=558639

Is there a reason why I cannot enter this page? Do I not have enough privilages?
Recently I started playing Castaway Stories again, brings back memories and I really would love to access that page, become a member if that is possible ..
Née whiterider
#16 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 2:04 PM
That thread is in the Hood Building social group, so I don't think you'll be able to see it unless you're already a member of that group: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=847

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Delphinius The Great
site owner
#17 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 2:11 PM
Correct, it's a private group. It's the archive that's making it visible which I shall go in and fix.

Tumblr - Yes, I have a blog. :)

<Corsix> Why 'mod the sims 2' when you can mod 'mod the sims 2'?

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
#18 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 3:23 PM
Thanks for your replaay eventhough this is all very ancient material
Still don't know how to get in, how to become a member.. I'm not familiar with that and can't find it on the forum. Or maybe this is not possible anymore for this particular group?

Yes only the archive showed up, hope to get access to the info, I would really appreciate a lot!
Née whiterider
#19 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 12:52 AM
Looks like the Hood Building Group is a private group, so I believe the group leader would have to invite you. I'm not sure who that is for that particular group, doesn't seem to be displayed in the UI.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.